St Helena : Three Consortia Pre-qualified for Airport Contract
Submitted by Saint Helena Herald (Juanita Brock) 22.02.2006 (Article Archived on 08.03.2006)
Three consortia with St. Helena Connections have prepqualified for the airport contract.
PRESS RELEASE - AIR ACCESS PROJECT Update
“Three consortia pre-qualified for Airport Contract”
We are very pleased to tell you that all three of the consortia who submitted capability statements for the design, construction and operation of the airport have now been pre-qualified. Each consortium is an association of several businesses who have come together specifically to bid for this project. This means that when we issue an Invitation to Tender, all three consortia will be asked to provide detailed bids.
As you know, we are proposing to carry out public information and consultation in St Helena in April, and if all goes well, we should be able to issue the Invitation to Tender in May.
Details of the three consortia, all of whom have been specially put together for this project, are as follows:
Basil Read (Pty) Ltd / Mott MacDonald / Kwezi V3 / Regional Airports Ltd
· Basil Read, Civil Engineering Contractor - lead partner; construction
· Mott MacDonald, Consulting Engineers – design
· Kwezi V3, Consulting Engineers – non-aviation planning and design
· Regional Airports Ltd – airport operations
Grinaker-LTA / Arup / Serco
· Grinaker, Civil Engineering Contractor – lead partner; construction
· Arup, Consulting Engineers – design
· Serco – airport operations
Group Five / Incat / Lanseria / WSP
· Group Five, Civil Engineering Contractor – lead partner; construction
· WSP, Consulting Engineers – design
· Incat – construction and logistics - marine aspects
· Lanseria – airport operations
We are pleased to have attracted three well known and reputable contractors, each of whom has linked up with well qualified consultants and operators, representing a strong field for this exciting project.
Sharon Wainwright, St Helena Access Project Team
Nigel Kirby, DFID