|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (25) - Archived (798) - All (823)
- 1: Bishop Nigel Stock and his wife visit the Falklands - Falklands (Heritage) - 26.01.2016
- The Rt Rev’d Nigel Stock and his wife, Carolyne, arrive in the Islands today for a week-long visit. As Bishop for the Falkland Islands Bishop Nigel also is the Anglican Bishop to the Forces. They look forward to a busy week.
- 2: ST HELENA BADGE OF ARMS - St Helena (Heritage) - 25.01.2016
- The St Helena Badge of Arms (pictured below and attached) - also at times referred to as the ‘Heraldic Badge’ - comprises three elements of the St Helena Coat of Arms.
- 3: THE PRINCESS ROYAL’S AMAZING SOUTH GEORGIA JOURNEY - S.Georgia (Heritage) - 21.01.2016
- After a better than normal sail from South Georgia to the Falklands, Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal has returned from her official visit to the remote sub-Antarctic Island.
- 4: VISIT OF HRH THE PRINCESS ROYAL AND VICE ADMIRAL SIR TIM LAURENCE TO FOX BAY REINSTATED - Falklands (Heritage) - 18.01.2016
- The MV Pharos has made good time on its return to the Falklands and the revised arrival means the visit by HRH The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence to Fox Bay has been reinstated.
- 5: The Princess Royal departs for first official visit to South Georgia - S.Georgia (Heritage) - 14.01.2016
- Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal today departs from the Falkland Islands for her first official visit to the UK Overseas Territory of South Georgia & the South Sandwich Islands
- 6: ADVERSE WEATHER ALTERRS ROYAL PROBRAMME - Falklands (Heritage) - 11.01.2016
- Adverse weather has caused a change in the programme scheduled for the visit of HRH the Princess Royal and her husband, Vice Admiral Tim Lawrence on 21 January 2016. Events scheduled for Fox Bay on that day have been cancelled.
- 7: Falklands' ROYAL VISIT - Falklands (Heritage) - 11.01.2016
- HER Royal Highness the Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Sir Tim Laurence have visited the Falklands to carry out a brief visit before boarding the Pharos in route to South Georgia.
- 8: St Helena: NEW YEARS HONOURS 2016 - St Helena (Heritage) - 30.12.2015
- For 17 years, prior to turtle conservation becoming part of the remit of the Ascension Island Government, Jacqueline was the backbone of green turtle conservation on Ascension Island, leading a group of volunteers which worked to monitor and conserve the species
- 9: FALKLAND ISLANDS: PRIME MINISTER'S RADIO ADDRESS, CHRISTMAS 2015 - Falklands (Heritage) - 18.12.2015
- I am delighted to be sending my sixth Christmas message to the people of the Falkland Islands, and 2015 has certainly been an eventful year for you.
- 10: €10,000.00 for Seamen’s mission - Falklands (Heritage) - 18.12.2015
- Compagnie du Ponant, a French cruise ship operator for Le Boreal, the vessel that suffered a major engine room fire which caused the loss of all power and left her drifting, donated €10,000.00 to the Lighthouse Seamen’s Centre.
- 11: PAT MUSK RETIRES AS SHERIFF OF ST HELENA - St Helena (Heritage) - 09.12.2015
- St Helena’s Sheriff, Greta Pat Musk MBE JP, will retire from her role as Sheriff on Wednesday 30 December 2015.
- 12: TRADITIONAL TEA DANCES ON ST HELENA RETURN - St Helena (Heritage) - 01.12.2015
- A well known tradition on St Helena has been occasional Tea Dances - held for more senior members of the community to bring them together to enjoy common activities and pursuits.
- 13: James Jansen’s First Visit as GSGSSI CEO - S.Georgia (Heritage) - 30.11.2015
- October was my first opportunity to visit South Georgia since taking up post in July.
- 14: FIRST EVER ROTARY-WING AIRCRAFT LANDS AT ST HELENA AIRPORT - St Helena (Heritage) - 15.10.2015
- Another milestone was reached yesterday, Wednesday 14 October 2015, at St Helena Airport - as the Wildcat helicopter from HMS Lancaster touched down and became the first ever rotary-wing aircraft to land at the Island’s Airport.
- 15: ST HELENA WELCOMES ROYAL NAVY - St Helena (Heritage) - 15.10.2015
- Royal Navy Frigate HMS Lancaster and fuel tanker RFA Gold Rover, arrived at St Helena on Monday 12 October 2015 to take part in the bicentennial anniversary of Napoleon’s arrival to the Island - exactly 200 years ago today, 15 October 2015.
- 16: COMMEMORATION OF NAPOLEON’S EXILE - St Helena (Heritage) - 12.10.2015
- A Bicentennial Commemoration of Napoleon’s exile to St Helena took place at Napoleon’s Tomb on Sunday 11 October 2015 at 3pm .
- 17: St Helena: ROYAL NAVY ARRIVES - St Helena (Heritage) - 12.10.2015
- Two Royal Navy vessels, Type 23 Frigate HMS Lancaster and fuel tanker RFA Gold Rover, arrived at St Helena this afternoon, Monday 12 October 2015 -
- 18: St Helena: BIRTHDAY HONOURS 2016: - St Helena (Heritage) - 12.10.2015
- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office invites nominations for the 2016 Queen’s Birthday Honours List.
- 19: British and German Relatives Attend the Anniversary of the Battle of the Falkland Islands - Falklands (Heritage) - 01.12.2014
- British and German relatives of Adm. Sturdee, Adm. Craddock and Adm. Graff Spee attended a week long commemoration of the 1914 Battle of the Falkland Islands.
- 20: STEDSON FRANCIS RECEIVES BRITISH EMPIRE MEDAL - St Helena (Heritage) - 05.11.2014
- At a special dinner, hosted by HE Governor Capes last evening (4 November 2014), Stedson Graham Francis of Thompsons Wood was formally presented with his British Empire Medal (BEM), awarded to him under HM Queen’s Birthday Honours in June of this year.
- 21: NEW FALKLANDS’ MUSEUM OPEN FOR BUSINESS - Falklands (Heritage) - 12.09.2014
- After decades of planning, and a huge amount of dedication from the Falkland Islands Museum and National Trust (FIMNT) and supporters, the Falkland Islands’ new Historic Dockyard Museum is nearing completion.
- 22: MPC THRIFT SHOP PRESENTS CHEQUE TO TS ENDURANCE - Falklands (Heritage) - 28.05.2011
- On Saturday the 28th May the MPC Thrift Shop presented a cheque for £1,750 to the cadets and CO of TS Endurance (Sea Cadets) based in Stanley.
- 23: Manuel Mendez Wins Stanley marathon 2011 - S.Atlantic (Heritage) - 20.03.2011
- The 7th annual Standard Chartered Bank Stanley marathon was greeted by bright sunshine and light winds on Sunday, 20 March 2011.
- 24: A Falklands Poem - Falklands (Heritage) - 13.11.2007
- Gus Hales tells it like it is in a moving poem recited at the Cathedral in Stanley on Remembrance Sunday.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) The Sama'82 Standard
- 25: Falklands Threatened with the Torah - Falklands (Heritage) - 12.08.2006
- I'm positive that the first five books of the Word of God were originally written for the Hebrew Nation - Israel - so why does Deuteronomy 28: 52 apply to the Falklands?