|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (15) - Archived (775) - All (790)
- 1: LIBERATION DAY 2015 - Falklands (Heritage) - 19.06.2015
- The 33rd anniversary of the Liberation of the Falkland Islands from Argentine occupation took place over the weekend of 12 to 15 June 2015.
- 2: VISIT OF FRENCH NAVY SHIP - St Helena (Heritage) - 17.06.2015
- The French Navy Ship ‘Albatros’ is moored in James’ Bay on a two day visit to St Helena, en route from Reunion Island to Brest, France, where she will be decommissioned.
- 3: BIRTHDAY HONOURS 2015 - St Helena (Heritage) - 12.06.2015
- ‘I am pleased to announce the award of a BEM (British Empire Medal) to Mr Dereck Rogers, in recognition of his services to the community of Tristan da Cunha.
- 4: FIC DONATES £5,000 TO SHELTERED HOUSING - Falklands (Heritage) - 22.05.2015
- On Friday, 22 May FIC’s Eva Jaffray presented a cheque for £5,000.00 in aid of the residents of Sheltered Housing Accommodation.
- 5: MATCHING FUNDS FOR NEPAL APPEAL - Falklands (Heritage) - 07.05.2015
- Legislative Assembly has announced its intention to fund-match aid raised by the Falklands community in support of the Nepal Appeal.
- 6: VE DAY LIGHTING UP THE SKIES - St Helena (Heritage) - 05.05.2015
- St Helena will join more than 200 Beacon locations in lighting a special Beacon to mark the 70th Anniversary of Victory in Europe Day
- 7: NOMINATIONS INVITED FOR CERTIFICATE AND BADGE OF HONOUR, AND - St Helena (Heritage) - 04.05.2015
- Nominations are currently being invited for the Certificate and Badge of Honour Awards, 2015.
- 8: 70th ANNIVERSARY OF VICTORY IN EUROPE - St Helena (Heritage) - 04.05.2015
- The 70th Anniversary of Victory in Europe (VE) Day will be commemorated from Friday 8 May – Sunday 10 May 2015. St Helena will be echoing the events in London in commemoration of those who contributed to the War effort throughout the Second World War.
- 9: British and German Relatives Attend the Anniversary of the Battle of the Falkland Islands - Falklands (Heritage) - 01.12.2014
- British and German relatives of Adm. Sturdee, Adm. Craddock and Adm. Graff Spee attended a week long commemoration of the 1914 Battle of the Falkland Islands.
- 10: STEDSON FRANCIS RECEIVES BRITISH EMPIRE MEDAL - St Helena (Heritage) - 05.11.2014
- At a special dinner, hosted by HE Governor Capes last evening (4 November 2014), Stedson Graham Francis of Thompsons Wood was formally presented with his British Empire Medal (BEM), awarded to him under HM Queen’s Birthday Honours in June of this year.
- 11: NEW FALKLANDS’ MUSEUM OPEN FOR BUSINESS - Falklands (Heritage) - 12.09.2014
- After decades of planning, and a huge amount of dedication from the Falkland Islands Museum and National Trust (FIMNT) and supporters, the Falkland Islands’ new Historic Dockyard Museum is nearing completion.
- 12: MPC THRIFT SHOP PRESENTS CHEQUE TO TS ENDURANCE - Falklands (Heritage) - 28.05.2011
- On Saturday the 28th May the MPC Thrift Shop presented a cheque for £1,750 to the cadets and CO of TS Endurance (Sea Cadets) based in Stanley.
- 13: Manuel Mendez Wins Stanley marathon 2011 - S.Atlantic (Heritage) - 20.03.2011
- The 7th annual Standard Chartered Bank Stanley marathon was greeted by bright sunshine and light winds on Sunday, 20 March 2011.
- 14: A Falklands Poem - Falklands (Heritage) - 13.11.2007
- Gus Hales tells it like it is in a moving poem recited at the Cathedral in Stanley on Remembrance Sunday.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) The Sama'82 Standard
- 15: Falklands Threatened with the Torah - Falklands (Heritage) - 12.08.2006
- I'm positive that the first five books of the Word of God were originally written for the Hebrew Nation - Israel - so why does Deuteronomy 28: 52 apply to the Falklands?