|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (16) - Archived (783) - All (799)
- 1: St Helena: CALIBRATION FLIGHTS COMPLETED - St Helena (Heritage) - 24.09.2015
- The calibration flights at St Helena Airport - led by Flight Calibration Services Limited (FCSL) working with TAB Charters - were completed yesterday Wednesday 23 September 2015, and the Beechcraft King Air 200 aircraft will depart St Helena for Namibia between 5am and 6am tomorrow Friday, ten days after its arrival.
- 2: MARIO BENJAMIN MENENDEZ DIES AGE 85 - Falklands (Heritage) - 21.09.2015
- Mario Benjamin Menendez, governor during 74 days’ occupation of the Falkland Islands, has died aged 85.
- 3: HISTORY MAKING AIRPLANE FLIGHT LANDS AT ST HELENA - S.Atlantic (Heritage) - 15.09.2015
- A Beechcraft King Air 200 aircraft touched down at St Helena’s new Airport at 13.50hrs GMT on Tuesday 15 September 2015
- 4: FIRST FLIGHT TO LAND ON ST HELENA - St Helena (Heritage) - 14.09.2015
- A Beechcraft King Air 200 aircraft is due to arrive at St Helena between tomorrow, Tuesday 15 September
- 5: Roger Huxley 1939 – 2015 - Falklands (Heritage) - 09.09.2015
- Roger Christopher Huxley, former Merchant Seaman, Diplomat and Local Government Officer has died at the age of 76.
- 6: H M THE QUEEN IS BRITAIN’S LONGEST SERVING MONARCH - Falklands (Heritage) - 08.09.2015
- The milestone was passed at approximately 1730hrs on Tuesday, 08 September 2015.
- 7: Royal Society of Marine Artists Honours Local Woman - Falklands (Heritage) - 25.08.2015
- Work by a local artist, Vicky Chater, has been selected from over 1,000 submissions to appear alongside paintings by some of Britain’s leading marine artists.
- 8: TWO RECEIVE QUEEN’S CERTIFICATE AND BADGE OF HONOUR 2015 - Falklands (Heritage) - 10.08.2015
- His Excellency The Governor has announced two Queen’s Certificate and Badge of Honour awards for 2015.
- 9: HMS ENDURANCE FOR SALE - Falklands (Heritage) - 05.08.2015
- HMS Endurance, aka the Red Plumb, has been put up for sale by the Royal Navy.
- 10: British and German Relatives Attend the Anniversary of the Battle of the Falkland Islands - Falklands (Heritage) - 01.12.2014
- British and German relatives of Adm. Sturdee, Adm. Craddock and Adm. Graff Spee attended a week long commemoration of the 1914 Battle of the Falkland Islands.
- 11: STEDSON FRANCIS RECEIVES BRITISH EMPIRE MEDAL - St Helena (Heritage) - 05.11.2014
- At a special dinner, hosted by HE Governor Capes last evening (4 November 2014), Stedson Graham Francis of Thompsons Wood was formally presented with his British Empire Medal (BEM), awarded to him under HM Queen’s Birthday Honours in June of this year.
- 12: NEW FALKLANDS’ MUSEUM OPEN FOR BUSINESS - Falklands (Heritage) - 12.09.2014
- After decades of planning, and a huge amount of dedication from the Falkland Islands Museum and National Trust (FIMNT) and supporters, the Falkland Islands’ new Historic Dockyard Museum is nearing completion.
- 13: MPC THRIFT SHOP PRESENTS CHEQUE TO TS ENDURANCE - Falklands (Heritage) - 28.05.2011
- On Saturday the 28th May the MPC Thrift Shop presented a cheque for £1,750 to the cadets and CO of TS Endurance (Sea Cadets) based in Stanley.
- 14: Manuel Mendez Wins Stanley marathon 2011 - S.Atlantic (Heritage) - 20.03.2011
- The 7th annual Standard Chartered Bank Stanley marathon was greeted by bright sunshine and light winds on Sunday, 20 March 2011.
- 15: A Falklands Poem - Falklands (Heritage) - 13.11.2007
- Gus Hales tells it like it is in a moving poem recited at the Cathedral in Stanley on Remembrance Sunday.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) The Sama'82 Standard
- 16: Falklands Threatened with the Torah - Falklands (Heritage) - 12.08.2006
- I'm positive that the first five books of the Word of God were originally written for the Hebrew Nation - Israel - so why does Deuteronomy 28: 52 apply to the Falklands?