|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (17) - Archived (764) - All (781)
- 1: St Helena: NOMINATIONS INVITED FOR CERTIFICATE AND BADGE OF HONOUR, AND - St Helena (Heritage) - 14.04.2015
- Nominations are currently being invited for the Certificate and Badge of Honour Awards, 2015.
- 2: Designing a More Sustainable Future for the Tristan da Cunha's Community - Tristan (Heritage) - 10.04.2015
- We publish below extracts from the competition specifications and add other media interest which is expected to be world-wide as Tristan da Cunha seeks an inspirational blueprint for the 21st Century
as it approaches the 200th anniversary of being part of the United Kingdom in 2016.
- 3: St Helena: NEW YEAR HONOURS - OVERSEAS LIST – NOMINATIONS - St Helena (Heritage) - 07.04.2015
- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office invites nominations for the 2016 New Year Honours List.
- 4: Falkland Islands Historic Dockyard Museum shortlisted - Falklands (Heritage) - 11.03.2015
- THE Falkland Islands Museum & National Trust is very proud to announce that the Historic Dockyard Museum has been shortlisted in the International category of the Museums + Heritage Awards for Excellence 2015.
- 5: Falklands Celebrate A Young Commonwealth - Falklands (Heritage) - 10.03.2015
- Young Falkland Islands students studying in the United Kingdom, Kalon Jaffray and Jessica McPhee will be attending the Commonwealth Day events in London.
- 6: EBONY VIEW MAKES GOOD PROGRESS - St Helena (Heritage) - 10.03.2015
- The refurbishment of Ebony View (Ex-Half Tree Hollow School), the new home for residents of the Challenging Behaviour Unit (CBU) at Sundale, is making good progress, with residents expected to move into their new home later this month.
- 7: Commonwealth Day 2015: Message from Her Majesty The Queen - Falklands (Heritage) - 09.03.2015
- One simple lesson from history is that when people come together to talk, to exchange ideas and to develop common goals, wonderful things can happen.
- 8: FALKLAND ISLANDS YOUTH PARLIAMENT Monday, 09 March 2015 - Falklands (Heritage) - 09.03.2015
- A meeting of the Falkland islands Youth Parliament took place in the court and Assembly chamber of the Town Hall at 1400hrs on Monday, 09 March 2015.
- 9: GRAHAM FRANCE: 1934 - 2015 - Falklands (Heritage) - 01.03.2015
- Graham France was born in 1934 in Horsham, West Sussex, England, UK. He left Worthing High School in 1950
- 10: RAF Search and Rescue crew honoured in 2015 military awards - Falklands (Heritage) - 23.02.2015
- TWO members of a Royal Air Force (RAF) Search and Rescue team who found and rescued a fisherman lost overboard near the Falkland Islands have been honoured in the latest round of military awards.
- 11: British and German Relatives Attend the Anniversary of the Battle of the Falkland Islands - Falklands (Heritage) - 01.12.2014
- British and German relatives of Adm. Sturdee, Adm. Craddock and Adm. Graff Spee attended a week long commemoration of the 1914 Battle of the Falkland Islands.
- 12: STEDSON FRANCIS RECEIVES BRITISH EMPIRE MEDAL - St Helena (Heritage) - 05.11.2014
- At a special dinner, hosted by HE Governor Capes last evening (4 November 2014), Stedson Graham Francis of Thompsons Wood was formally presented with his British Empire Medal (BEM), awarded to him under HM Queen’s Birthday Honours in June of this year.
- 13: NEW FALKLANDS’ MUSEUM OPEN FOR BUSINESS - Falklands (Heritage) - 12.09.2014
- After decades of planning, and a huge amount of dedication from the Falkland Islands Museum and National Trust (FIMNT) and supporters, the Falkland Islands’ new Historic Dockyard Museum is nearing completion.
- 14: MPC THRIFT SHOP PRESENTS CHEQUE TO TS ENDURANCE - Falklands (Heritage) - 28.05.2011
- On Saturday the 28th May the MPC Thrift Shop presented a cheque for £1,750 to the cadets and CO of TS Endurance (Sea Cadets) based in Stanley.
- 15: Manuel Mendez Wins Stanley marathon 2011 - S.Atlantic (Heritage) - 20.03.2011
- The 7th annual Standard Chartered Bank Stanley marathon was greeted by bright sunshine and light winds on Sunday, 20 March 2011.
- 16: A Falklands Poem - Falklands (Heritage) - 13.11.2007
- Gus Hales tells it like it is in a moving poem recited at the Cathedral in Stanley on Remembrance Sunday.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) The Sama'82 Standard
- 17: Falklands Threatened with the Torah - Falklands (Heritage) - 12.08.2006
- I'm positive that the first five books of the Word of God were originally written for the Hebrew Nation - Israel - so why does Deuteronomy 28: 52 apply to the Falklands?