|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (42) - Archived (1640) - All (1682)
- 1: Motion for Adjournment Speech by CBFSAI Commodore Darren Bone, RN (28/01/16) - Falklands (Business News) - 28.01.2016
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, I have two short notes this morning. You will all know that our Bishop Nigel Stock is in the Islands.
- 2: TEN YEAR PLAN FOR ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 26.01.2016
- St Helena has sometimes suffered from a short term approach to planning and this has led, in some cases, to the direction of travel changing or to possible missed opportunities from potential funders.
- 3: St Helena: QUARTERLY STATISTICAL NEWS BULLETIN; JANUARY 2016 - St Helena (Business News) - 26.01.2016
- The Quarterly Statistical News Bulletin for January 2016, covers the period September to December 2015, and contains updates for the annual rate of inflation
- 4: Prime Minister David Cameron meets with the Argentine President Mauricio Macri, at Davos in Switzerland - Falklands (Business News) - 25.01.2016
- Finally on the Falklands the Prime Minister was clear that our position remained the same and that the recent referendum was absolutely clear on the Islanders’ wish to remain British.
- 5: RMS BACK ON SCHEDULE: BUT UK CARGO DELAYED - St Helena (Business News) - 25.01.2016
- The RMS St Helena is now expected to depart Cape Town at 22.00hrs tonight, Monday 25 January 2016 - roughly on her original schedule.
- 6: FM Radio Infrastructure Update - Falklands (Business News) - 20.01.2016
- FIG would like to update listeners on the progress of the FM Radio infrastructure.
- 7: Information for St Helenians thinking about returning to the Island - St Helena (Business News) - 15.01.2016
- For the first time in many years the population of St Helena is rising.
- 8: Changes to South Atlantic Airbridge Terms and Conditions - Ascension (Business News) - 14.01.2016
- Passengers should be aware of a number of recent changes to regulations related to travel on the South Atlantic Airbridge.
- 9: St Helena: AIRPORT DIGITAL NEWS-DESK LAUNCHED - St Helena (Business News) - 12.01.2016
- Forthcoming flights at St Helena Airport represent an enormous moment in St Helena’s history and is attracting equally significant and accelerating global media interest
- 10: St Helena: HEAD OF NEWS TO DEPART ON OVERSEAS TRAINING - St Helena (Business News) - 05.01.2016
- SHG Press Office’s Head of News, Kerisha Stevens, departs the Island tomorrow, Wednesday 6 January 2016, to study for a Social Media for Business Diploma with the Pitman Training Group in central London.
- 11: PUBLIC MEETING REPORT: Monday, 14 December 2015 - Falklands (Business News) - 18.12.2015
- A public meeting took place in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the Town Hall at 1700hrs on Monday, 14 December 2015.
- 12: St Helena: UPDATE ON SECOND CALIBRATION FLIGHT - St Helena (Business News) - 08.12.2015
- Further to the press release of 4 December 2015, St Helena Airport Manager Nigel Spackman has today advised that the second Calibration flight is now due to arrive on Sunday 13 December 2015.
- 13: ST HELENA MEDIA REVIEW - St Helena (Business News) - 04.12.2015
- Further to the press release of 12 October 2015 on the forthcoming St Helena Media Review, please note that Chief Secretary Roy Burke has replaced Niall O’Keeffe on the Sub-committee which will carry out the review of current media services on St Helena.
- 14: St Helena: 2016 CENSUS PILOT - St Helena (Business News) - 16.11.2015
- In the week beginning Monday 23 November 2015 the Statistics Office will be piloting the questionnaire to be used in the 2016 Population & Housing Census.
- 15: AIRPORT BOARD GRANTS ADDITIONAL TIME TO ACHIEVE OPERATIONAL READINESS - St Helena (Business News) - 06.11.2015
- The St Helena Airport Programme Board - comprising SHG, DFID, FCO and Basil Read - yesterday recommended that it would be necessary and prudent to grant a short period of additional time in order to fine tune the operational readiness of St Helena Airport.
- 16: St Helena: AIRPORT MAJOR INCIDENT EXERCISE - St Helena (Business News) - 06.11.2015
- A large scale major incident exercise took place at St Helena Airport on Wednesday 4 November 2015, as part of the Airport certification audits.
- 17: ST HELENA AIRPORT PROJECT CELEBRATES 4TH ANNIVERSARY - St Helena (Business News) - 03.11.2015
- Tuesday 3 November 2015, marks exactly four years since the signing of the Design, Build and Operate contract between St Helena Government and Basil Read to build an Airport on St Helena
- 18: St Helena: QUARTERLY STATISTICAL NEWS BULLETIN - St Helena (Business News) - 03.11.2015
- The St Helena Quarterly Statistical News Bulletin for November 2015 covers the period July to September 2015 (Quarter 3), and contains updates for the annual rate of Inflation of the Retail Price Index, high level economic updates, estimated population, arrivals and departures and an update on the 2016 Census. The bulletin is available on the SHG website at: www.sainthelena.gov.sh/statistics
- 19: St Helena: HOUSING MATTERS - St Helena (Business News) - 02.11.2015
- The Housing team forms part of the Environmental & Natural Resources Directorate and has two permanent staff members - Housing Management Officer Tracey Thomas, and CS Housing Officer, Michael Bedwell.
- 20: St Helena: CAREERS FAIR 2015 - St Helena (Business News) - 30.10.2015
- On Wednesday, 28 October 2015, St Helena’s annual Careers Fair was held at Prince Andrew School from 10am to 3.30pm and from 6.30 to 8pm.
- 21: St Heelena: COUNCILLOR THOMAS RETURNS FROM CPA MEETINGS - St Helena (Business News) - 26.10.2015
- Councillor Derek Thomas (pictured) returned from London on 14 October 2015, having attended meetings of the CPA Executive Committee and the 61st General Assembly which were hosted at Westminster Bridge Hotel, in London, from Friday 2 to 5 October 2015.
- 22: Public Meeting Report: Monday, 25 May 2015 Part 2 - Falklands (Business News) - 25.05.2015
- An open public meeting took place in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the Town hall on Monday, 25 May 2015 at 1700hrs. Present were MLAs Cheek, Edwards, Hansen, Rendell, Short and Summers. Ian Hansen was Chair of the month.
- 23: SHIPPING - POST-RMS FREIGHT SERVICES UPDATE - St Helena (Business News) - 10.12.2014
- The public will be aware of recent visits from potential Ocean Freight Services providers Seafast, Hartman Project Lines (HPL) and Meihuizen Atlantic Islands Services (MAIS) between October and November this year.
- 24: Joint Ministerial Council Communiqué 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 03.12.2014
- The political leaders and representatives of the UK and the Overseas Territories met as the Joint Ministerial Council (JMC) at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London on 2 and 3 December. We welcomed the newly elected leader of the Government of Montserrat to his first Council.
- 25: FORCES TV AVAILABLE TO FALKLAND ISLANDS VIEWERS - Falklands (Business News) - 01.12.2014
- From the 1st December 2014, British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS) was broadcasting an additional TV channel, Forces TV, for viewers in the Falkland Islands.
- 26: CORPORATE SUPPORT THANKS POPPY APPEAL DONATORS - St Helena (Business News) - 28.11.2014
- Corporate Support staff would like to extend sincere thanks to everyone who supported this year’s fundraising in aid of the 2014 Poppy Appeal Fund and to all who attended the Remembrance Service on Sunday 9 November 2014.
- 27: WHARF USAGE - REMINDER - St Helena (Business News) - 27.11.2014
- The public is reminded that no unathorised vehicles can be parked on the Wharf after working hours (ie from 4pm to 8.30am Monday to Friday). Similarly at weekends, the Wharf will be closed from 4pm Friday afternoon through to Monday morning at 8.30pm.
- 28: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 26 November 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 26.11.2014
- The Rolling Action Log was reviewed as normal before the papers for the day. Members sought an update on when the Disciplinary Code for the Judiciary and the Framework Agreement (setting out the responsibilities of the executive branch of Government in respect of the Courts) would be published.
- 29: ANDREW WEIR GROUP ANNOUNCES SALE OF SHIPPING LINE - St Helena (Business News) - 21.11.2014
- The owners of the Andrew Weir Group (AWG) recently embarked on a financial restructuring exercise to enable a debt owed to the Merchant Navy Officers Pension Fund (MNOPF) to be cleared and to move forward on other core non-marine activities.
- 30: SUPREME COURT IN SESSION - St Helena (Business News) - 19.11.2014
- The formal opening of the St Helena Supreme Court took place yesterday, Tuesday 18 November, at 2pm. Various Civil and Criminal cases will be heard by the Supreme Court until Wednesday 10 December 2014.
- 31: SHG Concerns about unauthorised Access Road use - St Helena (Business News) - 19.11.2014
- In recent weeks, there has been a considerable increase in the unauthorised use of the Airport Access Road, leading to concerns about the safety of the public and protection of the environment.
- 32: SHG UK REPRESENTATIVE’S OFFICE - NEW CONTACT DETAILS - St Helena (Business News) - 18.11.2014
The public is advised that the SHG UK Representative, Mrs Kedell Worboys MBE and her team will be moving office on Thursday 20 November 2014.
- 33: ENHANCING SAFE FLIGHTS WITH UK MET OFFICE WEATHER FORECAST SERVICE - St Helena (Business News) - 14.11.2014
- Today, it has been announced that the operations of St Helena Airport will be supported by the UK Met Office, one of the world's foremost weather and climate service providers. The UK Met Office will be responsible for providing an on-Island weather forecasting service.
- 34: St Helena: CLOSURE OF CUSTOMS TAX AND PORT MANAGEMENT BUILDING - St Helena (Business News) - 13.11.2014
- The public is advised that the Customs, Tax and Port Management building will be closed
- 35: BUDGETARY AID MISSION DRAWS TO A CLOSE - St Helena (Business News) - 05.11.2014
- The DFID Budgetary Aid Mission (BAM) comprising team members, Senior Economic Adviser, Doug Winslow, Senior Social Development Adviser, Mary Thompson and St Helena Programme Manager, David Finan depart the Island tomorrow (6 November 2014) having held discussions for agreeing a three year budget for St Helena.
- 36: Falklands Retirement Pensions up for Consultation - Falklands (Business News) - 14.10.2014
- A public consultation will be carried out by the Falkland Islands Government between the 20th October and the 7th November 2014,
- 37: INTRODUCTION TO THE RT HON KENNETH CLARKE’S KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY LORD BLACK OF BRENTWOOD - Falklands (Business News) - 16.11.2011
- Before introducing our keynote speaker I am very grateful for the opportunity that Robin (Esser) has given me to just very briefly to draw your attention to an important report that has just been published today which focuses on press freedom issues on shores of countries where challenges to press freedom are even more intense and often literally a matter of life and death.
- 38: The Directors – Part VI Carol George, Director of Health and Social Welfare - St Helena (Business News) - 02.06.2011
- St Helena Government has introduced a new directorate structure which came into effect on 1st April. Because of this, instead of Departments SHG now has ten Directorates.
- 39: Jobless and Poverty Rates are key to Economic Recovery - All (Business News) - 12.08.2009
- Policy makers in the US Federal Reserve Bank are sitting down to discuss – amongst other things – interest rates, which are expected to remain the same at near zero percent. Also on the agenda, couched in eco-speak, is a concluding summary on the state of economy. SARTMA wonders – whose economy – theirs or ours.
- 40: ARGENTINE CLAIMS TO FALKLANDS SEABED CONTAINS NOTHING NEW - Falklands (Business News) - 25.04.2009
- Both Argentina and the United Kingdom are claiming a vast area of seabed from South America to the Antarctic in their latest bids for control of the South Atlantic.
- 41: Sartma Daily (30/08/05) - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 30.08.2005
- A quick overview of South Atlantic News
- 42: Postcode Not So New For Tristan - Tristan (Business News) - 10.08.2005
- One of the nice things about having a Tristanian working for SARTMA is that the record can be set straight about various things, including the Island’s postcode. TDCU 1ZZ has been available for at least 18 months.
Photo (c) James Glass Tristan Times - the building that houses the Tristan Post Office