|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (53) - Archived (1567) - All (1620)
- 1: Argentine plan to seize Falklands oil driller’ assets 'unlawful' says UK - Falklands (Business News) - 03.07.2015
- UK Foreign Office Officials on Monday rubbished any attempt by Argentina to seize assets of oil drillers operating in the waters off the Falkland Islands.
- 2: Islanders have “unequivocal right to develop our natural resources.” says FIG - Falklands (Business News) - 03.07.2015
- The Falkland Islands Government has commented on Argentine Federal Judge Lillian Hérraez ordered seizure of assets pertaining to oil companies and their subcontractors operating in the Falkland Islands.
- 3: NEW ST HELENA FERRY - St Helena (Business News) - 03.07.2015
- The St Helena Ferry Service saw the delivery of its new vessel on 30 June 2015.
- 4: St Helena: LADDER HILL ROAD CLOSURE - St Helena (Business News) - 02.07.2015
- Diversion signs will be in place and, as usual, emergency service vehicles will be granted access.
- 5: Opportunities for investment on St Helena were announced by Governor Capes - St Helena (Business News) - 01.07.2015
- Opportunities for investment on the island of St Helena were announced by Governor Mark Capes and Chief Executive for Economic Development, Enterprise St Helena, Dr Niall O’Keeffe at a function hosted by British Consul General Chris Trott in Cape Town.
- 6: St Helena: COUNCILLORS’ CONSTITUENCY MEETINGS IN AUGUST - St Helena (Business News) - 30.06.2015
- Councillors will be holding a series of Constituency Meetings during the month of August 2015.
- 7: St Helena: NEW SENIOR AUDIT MANAGER - St Helena (Business News) - 29.06.2015
- St Helena’s Audit Service has recently recruited a new member to its audit team, Gavin Barlow.
- 8: RESULTS OF SHG EMPLOYEE OPINION SURVEY PUBLISHED - St Helena (Business News) - 29.06.2015
- A full report of results from the SHG 2015 Employee Opinion Survey has today been published on the SHG website.
- 9: FALKLANDS RECEIVE SUPPORT FROM NO 10 - Falklands (Business News) - 23.06.2015
- Legislative Assembly has received a letter of support from the Prime Minister, David Cameron, reaffirming his advocacy for the Falkland Islands.
- 10: LIMITED CRANE OPERATIONS AT THE WHARF - St Helena (Business News) - 23.06.2015
- The public and businesses are advised that due to the illness of the substantive Crane Operator,
- 11: DARKDALE PROJECT - RESTRICTIONS IN JAMES’ BAY - St Helena (Business News) - 23.06.2015
- A team led by the UK’s Ministry of Defence (MOD) is currently on St Helena to remove remaining fuel oil from the wreck of the RFA Darkdale in James’ Bay (see press release of 14 April 2015).
- 12: PASSAGE FARES – FINAL VOYAGES OF RMS ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 23.06.2015
- In its meeting of Tuesday, 12 May 2015, Executive Council approved the RMS Shipping Schedule from April 2016 to July 2016.
- 13: LOCAL OFFICERS PROMOTED TO SERGEANT - St Helena (Business News) - 23.06.2015
- The Chief of Police has announced this week that, following a challenging promotion selection process, two local officers will be promoted to the rank of Sergeant within the St Helena Police Service.
- 14: SAFE USE OF PERSONAL WATER CRAFT DRAFT RULES – COMMENTS WELCOME - St Helena (Business News) - 23.06.2015
- At their meeting of 6 May 2015 Port Control and key stakeholders agreed the following draft set of rules and regulations for the safe use of Personal Water Craft (PWC), such as jet-skis and speedboats, in and around the waters of St Helena:
- 15: St Helena Statistical Yearbook 2013-14 - St Helena (Business News) - 22.06.2015
- Updates to the St Helena Statistical Yearbook 2013-14 are now available on the St Helena Government website:
- 16: MUSEUM CAR PARK CLOSURE - St Helena (Business News) - 19.06.2015
- Following routine inspections of the ledges and slopes near the Museum in Jamestown, the Environment & Natural Resources Directorate
- 17: FREE SPECTACLES AND HEARING AIDS EXTENDED TO 16-18 YEAR OLDS - St Helena (Business News) - 16.06.2015
- On 2 June 2015 the Safeguarding Children’s Board announced that children under the age of 16 years on St Helena will receive their spectacles and hearing aid prescriptions for free.
- 18: RUPERT’S VALLEY PROPOSED LANDSCAPE DESIGNS - St Helena (Business News) - 09.06.2015
- The Landscape and Ecology Mitigation Programme (LEMP) team is now seeking feedback from the community regarding proposed landscape design options for Rupert’s Valley, in those areas affected by the Airport Project construction footprint.
- 19: AERIAL PHOTOS OF ST HELENA AIRPORT NOW ONLINE - St Helena (Business News) - 08.06.2015
- Showcasing the remarkable progress made at the St Helena Airport site is a selection of aerial photos, now available on the St Helena Access website.
- 20: Legislative Assembly 5 June 2015 Report back from Select Committee - Falklands (Business News) - 05.06.2015
- In this report I will cover the discussions of the Budget Select Committee this week and also an overview of the resulting budget. The Budget Select Committee reviewed the Appropriation Bill, Capital Appropriation Bill and Finance Bill.
- 21: 24-HOUR ACCESS TO POST OFFICE - Falklands (Business News) - 01.06.2015
- Falklands Post Services Ltd (FPS) and the Falkland Islands Government (FIG) are pleased to announce that from the 1st June 2015, customers will have access to the Post Office 24 hours a day, using a swipe-card access system.
- 22: LOCAL CONTENT REGISTER CERTIFICATION ISSUED TO INVENIO LTD - Falklands (Business News) - 27.05.2015
- Invenio Ltd is the first company to apply and be verified to the Local Content Register of Suppliers and Steve Dent, of Invenio, met with Chair of the Local Content Board, Martin Slater to receive his certification.
- 23: Public Meeting Report: Monday, 25 May 2015 Part 2 - Falklands (Business News) - 25.05.2015
- An open public meeting took place in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the Town hall on Monday, 25 May 2015 at 1700hrs. Present were MLAs Cheek, Edwards, Hansen, Rendell, Short and Summers. Ian Hansen was Chair of the month.
- 24: Public Meeting Report: Monday, 25 May 2015 Part 1 - Falklands (Business News) - 25.05.2015
- An open public meeting took place in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the Town hall on Monday, 25 May 2015 at 1700hrs.
- 25: Public Meeting Report: Monday, 25 May 2015 Part 3 - Falklands (Business News) - 25.05.2015
- In part 3 the Hon Mrs Phyl Rendell, MLA discusses what went on during a C-24 Seminar in Nicaragua.
- 26: PROVIDING INVOICES TO H.M. CUSTOMS & EXCISE UPON IMPORTATION OF GOODS TO ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 18.05.2015
- H.M. Customs & Excise have noted a steady increase in the number of individuals importing items to the Island which are not supported by an official invoice or suitable documentation that provides evidence as to the value of that particular item(s).
- 27: FALKLANDS’ 2015 HIGHWAYS ASSET MANAGEMENT PLAN PUBLISHED - Falklands (Business News) - 16.05.2015
- The Highways Asset Management Plan 2015 (HAMP) has been published by The Highways Section of the Public Works Department.
- 28: New GSGSSI CEO Announced - S.Georgia (Business News) - 14.05.2015
- The Commissioner, Colin Roberts, has announced that the new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for GSGSSI will be James Jansen.
- 29: WEEKEND WATER PROBLEMS RESOLVED SAYS PWD - Falklands (Business News) - 12.05.2015
- Over the weekend people may have noticed some red discolouration in their water.
- 30: CAMERON RETURNS TO NO 10 - Falklands (Business News) - 08.05.2015
- For the first time since 1992 it looks as if the Conservative Party will win the UK election with a slim majority.
- 31: COUNCILLORS DUNCAN AND WARD PEARCE TO ATTEND OVERSEAS CONFERENCE AND SEMINAR - St Helena (Business News) - 06.05.2015
- Councillors Wilson Duncan and Pamela Ward Pearce (photos attached), will depart the Island on Monday 11 May 2015 to attend a conference in Cyprus and a seminar in Nicaragua, respectively.
- 32: COMMEMORATION OF NAPOLEON’S DEATH - St Helena (Business News) - 04.05.2015
- A Commemoration of Napoleon’s Death on St Helena took place at Napoleon’s Tomb, on Saturday 2 May 2015 at 10am.
- 33: LOCAL CONTENT REGISTER OF SUPPLIERS OPENS - Falklands (Business News) - 01.05.2015
- The Local Content Register of Suppliers is now live, with one Falklands company already listed on the Register. The Register forms part of the on-going work regarding the ‘Code of Practice for Procurement by Oil & Gas Companies and their Subcontractors in the Falkland Islands,’ also known as the ‘Local Content Code of Practice.
- 34: SHIPPING - POST-RMS FREIGHT SERVICES UPDATE - St Helena (Business News) - 10.12.2014
- The public will be aware of recent visits from potential Ocean Freight Services providers Seafast, Hartman Project Lines (HPL) and Meihuizen Atlantic Islands Services (MAIS) between October and November this year.
- 35: Joint Ministerial Council Communiqué 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 03.12.2014
- The political leaders and representatives of the UK and the Overseas Territories met as the Joint Ministerial Council (JMC) at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London on 2 and 3 December. We welcomed the newly elected leader of the Government of Montserrat to his first Council.
- 36: FORCES TV AVAILABLE TO FALKLAND ISLANDS VIEWERS - Falklands (Business News) - 01.12.2014
- From the 1st December 2014, British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS) was broadcasting an additional TV channel, Forces TV, for viewers in the Falkland Islands.
- 37: CORPORATE SUPPORT THANKS POPPY APPEAL DONATORS - St Helena (Business News) - 28.11.2014
- Corporate Support staff would like to extend sincere thanks to everyone who supported this year’s fundraising in aid of the 2014 Poppy Appeal Fund and to all who attended the Remembrance Service on Sunday 9 November 2014.
- 38: WHARF USAGE - REMINDER - St Helena (Business News) - 27.11.2014
- The public is reminded that no unathorised vehicles can be parked on the Wharf after working hours (ie from 4pm to 8.30am Monday to Friday). Similarly at weekends, the Wharf will be closed from 4pm Friday afternoon through to Monday morning at 8.30pm.
- 39: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 26 November 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 26.11.2014
- The Rolling Action Log was reviewed as normal before the papers for the day. Members sought an update on when the Disciplinary Code for the Judiciary and the Framework Agreement (setting out the responsibilities of the executive branch of Government in respect of the Courts) would be published.
- 40: ANDREW WEIR GROUP ANNOUNCES SALE OF SHIPPING LINE - St Helena (Business News) - 21.11.2014
- The owners of the Andrew Weir Group (AWG) recently embarked on a financial restructuring exercise to enable a debt owed to the Merchant Navy Officers Pension Fund (MNOPF) to be cleared and to move forward on other core non-marine activities.
- 41: SUPREME COURT IN SESSION - St Helena (Business News) - 19.11.2014
- The formal opening of the St Helena Supreme Court took place yesterday, Tuesday 18 November, at 2pm. Various Civil and Criminal cases will be heard by the Supreme Court until Wednesday 10 December 2014.
- 42: SHG Concerns about unauthorised Access Road use - St Helena (Business News) - 19.11.2014
- In recent weeks, there has been a considerable increase in the unauthorised use of the Airport Access Road, leading to concerns about the safety of the public and protection of the environment.
- 43: SHG UK REPRESENTATIVE’S OFFICE - NEW CONTACT DETAILS - St Helena (Business News) - 18.11.2014
The public is advised that the SHG UK Representative, Mrs Kedell Worboys MBE and her team will be moving office on Thursday 20 November 2014.
- 44: ENHANCING SAFE FLIGHTS WITH UK MET OFFICE WEATHER FORECAST SERVICE - St Helena (Business News) - 14.11.2014
- Today, it has been announced that the operations of St Helena Airport will be supported by the UK Met Office, one of the world's foremost weather and climate service providers. The UK Met Office will be responsible for providing an on-Island weather forecasting service.
- 45: St Helena: CLOSURE OF CUSTOMS TAX AND PORT MANAGEMENT BUILDING - St Helena (Business News) - 13.11.2014
- The public is advised that the Customs, Tax and Port Management building will be closed
- 46: BUDGETARY AID MISSION DRAWS TO A CLOSE - St Helena (Business News) - 05.11.2014
- The DFID Budgetary Aid Mission (BAM) comprising team members, Senior Economic Adviser, Doug Winslow, Senior Social Development Adviser, Mary Thompson and St Helena Programme Manager, David Finan depart the Island tomorrow (6 November 2014) having held discussions for agreeing a three year budget for St Helena.
- 47: Falklands Retirement Pensions up for Consultation - Falklands (Business News) - 14.10.2014
- A public consultation will be carried out by the Falkland Islands Government between the 20th October and the 7th November 2014,
- 48: INTRODUCTION TO THE RT HON KENNETH CLARKE’S KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY LORD BLACK OF BRENTWOOD - Falklands (Business News) - 16.11.2011
- Before introducing our keynote speaker I am very grateful for the opportunity that Robin (Esser) has given me to just very briefly to draw your attention to an important report that has just been published today which focuses on press freedom issues on shores of countries where challenges to press freedom are even more intense and often literally a matter of life and death.
- 49: The Directors – Part VI Carol George, Director of Health and Social Welfare - St Helena (Business News) - 02.06.2011
- St Helena Government has introduced a new directorate structure which came into effect on 1st April. Because of this, instead of Departments SHG now has ten Directorates.
- 50: Jobless and Poverty Rates are key to Economic Recovery - All (Business News) - 12.08.2009
- Policy makers in the US Federal Reserve Bank are sitting down to discuss – amongst other things – interest rates, which are expected to remain the same at near zero percent. Also on the agenda, couched in eco-speak, is a concluding summary on the state of economy. SARTMA wonders – whose economy – theirs or ours.
- 51: ARGENTINE CLAIMS TO FALKLANDS SEABED CONTAINS NOTHING NEW - Falklands (Business News) - 25.04.2009
- Both Argentina and the United Kingdom are claiming a vast area of seabed from South America to the Antarctic in their latest bids for control of the South Atlantic.
- 52: Sartma Daily (30/08/05) - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 30.08.2005
- A quick overview of South Atlantic News
- 53: Postcode Not So New For Tristan - Tristan (Business News) - 10.08.2005
- One of the nice things about having a Tristanian working for SARTMA is that the record can be set straight about various things, including the Island’s postcode. TDCU 1ZZ has been available for at least 18 months.
Photo (c) James Glass Tristan Times - the building that houses the Tristan Post Office