|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (23) - Archived (1139) - All (1162)
- 1: St Helena: RESURFACING OF MIDDLE WHARF - St Helena (Business News) - 19.05.2013
- The Middle Wharf Resurfacing Project is now entering its final few weeks and on completion will provide a new, structurally sound, safe and well engineered improvement to the wharf infrastructure.
- 2: St helena Explores The Joy of Stats - St Helena (Business News) - 19.05.2013
- A programme called the Joy of Stats will be broadcast on local TV on Monday 13 May at 7:30pm, repeating on Wednesday 15 and Friday 17 May, both at 7:30pm.
- 3: B.A.T WINS ST HELENA INTERNATIONAL HOUSING COMPETITION - St Helena (Business News) - 19.05.2013
- One of the top 20 young architecture practices of Spain has won the opportunity to develop a new generation of homes for St Helena. A jury of local residents decided to award BILBOKO ARKITEKTURA TALDEA (Bilbao Architecture Team) the first prize for a number of reasons.
- 4: ROYAL NAVY ‘RFA BLACK ROVER’ TO VISIT ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 19.05.2013
- The Royal Navy’s RFA Black Rover will visit St Helena from Monday 20 to Thursday 23 May 2013. Captain I N Pilling and his crew of 58 will be visiting St Helena on a routine call, before embarking on wider regional engagements.
- 5: St Helena EXCO MEETING OF 14 MAY 2013 - St Helena (Business News) - 19.05.2013
- ExCo sat this morning to consider a relatively light agenda, which is to be expected given purdah conventions.
- 6: Argentine Human Rights Group Meets With Falklands MLAs - Falklands (Business News) - 18.05.2013
- After agreeing to do so, two MLAs have met with five representatives of a human rights group from Chaco, Argentina in order to listen to their views on a number of issues resulting from the 1982 war.
- 7: Falklands DIPLOMAS AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATES PRESENTED AT GOVERNMENT HOUSE - Falklands (Business News) - 18.05.2013
- Twenty five people received diplomas professional certificates at Government House on Tuesday, 07 May 2013.
- 8: Falklands EXECUTIVE COUNCIL Wednesday, 24 April 2013 - Falklands (Business News) - 05.05.2013
- The Hon Mr Ian Hansen MLA gave the Executive Council report this month.
- 9: Falklands - Opportunities Proposed for Air Terminal - Falklands (Business News) - 05.05.2013
- As part of the localisation programme for Mount Pleasant Airport the Falkland Islands Development Corporation has set forward proposals for the operation of the Air Terminal.
- 10: TONY EARNSHAW TO DEPART ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 05.05.2013
- Tony Earnshaw, Director of the Environment and Natural Resources Directorate (ENRD), is to leave St Helena, departing on Sunday 26 May 2013.
- 11: VISIT BY LUCY FAITHFUL FOUNDATION – CHILD SAFEGUARDING IN ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 05.05.2013
- Mr Mike Sheath (pictured) and Mr Adrian Todd from the Lucy Faithful Foundation will arrive on St Helena on 11 May 2013 for two weeks
- 12: St Helena: PUBLICATION OF SOCIAL POLICY PLAN DELAYED - St Helena (Business News) - 05.05.2013
- The first draft of the Social Policy Plan was due to be completed and shared at scheduled community meetings during May and June, following the series of participation meetings that took place earlier in the year.
- 13: PUBLIC MEETING 15 APRIL 2013 Part 3 - Falklands (Business News) - 28.04.2013
- A public meeting took place in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the town Hall at 1700hrs on Monday, 15 April 2013.
- 14: PUBLIC MEETING 15 APRIL 2013 Part 4 - Falklands (Business News) - 28.04.2013
- Luis Clifton complained about earwigs and said there were promises to help with the problem but the earwigs still kept infesting gardens and homes.
- 15: Draft Minimum Wage Legislation Consultation in the Falklands - Falklands (Business News) - 28.04.2013
- A period of public consultation about the draft Minimum Wage legislation has begun in the Falkland Islands.
- 16: DEFIBRILLATOR DONATED TO ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 28.04.2013
- The UK South East Coast Ambulance Service has generously donated a defibrillator to the St Helena Police Service. The gift was facilitated by Sharon Graham, a personal safety trainer, who was on-island in September 2012.
- 17: FLORIDA CONGRESSMAN INTRODUCES RESOLUTION TO RECOGNISE FALKLANDS’ REFERENDUM - Falklands (Business News) - 20.04.2013
- A Florida Congressman, U.S. Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart of Florida introduced a resolution in the House of Representatives on Thursday to recognize the recent Falkland Islands referendum.
- 18: INTRODUCTION TO THE RT HON KENNETH CLARKE’S KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY LORD BLACK OF BRENTWOOD - Falklands (Business News) - 16.11.2011
- Before introducing our keynote speaker I am very grateful for the opportunity that Robin (Esser) has given me to just very briefly to draw your attention to an important report that has just been published today which focuses on press freedom issues on shores of countries where challenges to press freedom are even more intense and often literally a matter of life and death.
- 19: The Directors – Part VI Carol George, Director of Health and Social Welfare - St Helena (Business News) - 02.06.2011
- St Helena Government has introduced a new directorate structure which came into effect on 1st April. Because of this, instead of Departments SHG now has ten Directorates.
- 20: Jobless and Poverty Rates are key to Economic Recovery - All (Business News) - 12.08.2009
- Policy makers in the US Federal Reserve Bank are sitting down to discuss – amongst other things – interest rates, which are expected to remain the same at near zero percent. Also on the agenda, couched in eco-speak, is a concluding summary on the state of economy. SARTMA wonders – whose economy – theirs or ours.
- 21: ARGENTINE CLAIMS TO FALKLANDS SEABED CONTAINS NOTHING NEW - Falklands (Business News) - 25.04.2009
- Both Argentina and the United Kingdom are claiming a vast area of seabed from South America to the Antarctic in their latest bids for control of the South Atlantic.
- 22: Sartma Daily (30/08/05) - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 30.08.2005
- A quick overview of South Atlantic News
- 23: Postcode Not So New For Tristan - Tristan (Business News) - 10.08.2005
- One of the nice things about having a Tristanian working for SARTMA is that the record can be set straight about various things, including the Island’s postcode. TDCU 1ZZ has been available for at least 18 months.
Photo (c) James Glass Tristan Times - the building that houses the Tristan Post Office