|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (42) - Archived (1538) - All (1580)
- 1: ‘State of the Economy’ and ‘Living Wage’ Reports Published - Falklands (Business News) - 25.03.2015
- The Policy Unit is pleased to announce that two new documents will be published this week: ‘The State of the Falkland Islands Economy’ and the ‘A Living Wage for the Falkland Islands.’
- 2: ROAD CLOSURE AT BUTTON-UP CORNER - St Helena (Business News) - 25.03.2015
- Following a recent road traffic accident, the Highway Authority has approved the closure of the Seaview Road
- 3: FINAL BLAST AT AIRPORT SITE - St Helena (Business News) - 23.03.2015
- The final rock blast for the St Helena Airport Project took place at the Airport site, Prosperous Bay Plain, at 5.20pm on
- 4: WHARF ACCESS: THURSDAY - 2 APRIL 2015 - St Helena (Business News) - 23.03.2015
- As is normal, there will be some limitations to accessing the Wharf on Maundy Thursday, 2 April 2015.
- 5: Malo River bridge reopened - Falklands (Business News) - 21.03.2015
- The Public Works Department is pleased to announce the reopening of the Malo River bridge to its full capacity of 38 tonnes, after repair work was completed Saturday afternoon, March 21.
- 6: DIPLOMAS AND CERTIFICATES PRESENTED AT GOVERNMENT HOUSE (15/03/19) - Falklands (Business News) - 19.03.2015
- Though it has been about six times Sandra Tyler-Haywood has presented certificates at Government House, it amazes her to see the wide range of qualifications earned by students at the Training Centre.
- 7: INCOME TAX (AMENDMENT) BILL 2015 - St Helena (Business News) - 18.03.2015
- The Income Tax (Amendment) Bill 2015 will be presented at the next Formal Session of Legislative Council, on Friday, 27 March 2015.
- 8: BR CERTIFICATION & OPERATIONAL READINESS MANAGER VISITS - St Helena (Business News) - 17.03.2015
- Basil Read’s Certification & Operational Readiness Manager, Simon Walker, arrived on St Helena, today Tuesday 17 March 2015, to discuss plans for Airport Certification and Operational Readiness.
- 9: AIR SERVICES TO ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 16.03.2015
- SHG and DFID are pleased to announce the appointment of Comair Limited as the preferred bidder for the provision of air services to St Helena.
- 10: St Helena Airport: first aircraft to land in July 2015 - St Helena (Business News) - 05.03.2015
- The very first aeroplane landing on St Helena's new airport...sthelenaonline.org
- 11: CHANGES TO ACCESS TO THE SOUTH ATLANTIC AIRBRIDGE (SAA) - Falklands (Business News) - 04.03.2015
- The MOD has applied limitations to the right to travel on the South Atlantic Air-bridge to certain nationalities.
- 12: DIRECTOR OF EMERGENCY SERVICES RESIGNS - Falklands (Business News) - 03.03.2015
- Barry Marsden has confirmed that he has tendered his resignation from his post as Director of Emergency Services and has notified the Chief Executive of the intention.
- 13: LADDER HILL ROAD CLOSURE – SUNDAY 8 MARCH 2015 - St Helena (Business News) - 03.03.2015
- Following a recent road traffic accident, the Highway Authority has
- 14: TEMPORARY PAUSE IN CONSTRUCTION WORKS - St Helena (Business News) - 02.03.2015
- During the course of early construction at the Half Tree Hollow
- 15: APPRENTICESHIP AWARENESS WORKSHOP - St Helena (Business News) - 02.03.2015
- An Apprenticeship Awareness Workshop was held, for the first time, on Thursday 26 February 2015, at the Education Learning Centre in Jamestown.
- 16: MANAGEMENT TRAINING FOR ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 02.03.2015
- A cross section of employees from both the public and private sector have recently undergone intense management training with visiting trainer, Bruce MacDonald, on behalf of the Graduate School of Business from the University of Cape Town.
- 17: OFFICIAL LIST OF CANDIDATES FOR BYE- ELECTION 2015 - St Helena (Business News) - 18.02.2015
- The Elections Ordinance 2009 provides for Nominations to be delivered to the Returning Officer by no later than noon on the last day appointed for the Nomination of Candidates. The closing date for nominations for the 2015 Bye-election (to be held on Wednesday 4 March 2015) was today, Wednesday 18 February 2015.
- 18: CONTINGENCY PLAN TESTED TWICE IN ONE WEEK - St Helena (Business News) - 17.02.2015
- On Thursday, 12 February 2015, a planned major incident exercise took place where the emergency and port services
- 19: RECEIVING POST FROM AND VIA SOUTH AFRICA - St Helena (Business News) - 17.02.2015
- The St Helena Post Office would like to advise their customers that they have not received any official report from the Authorities in South Africa as to the reasons for the delays in receiving post from and via South Africa.
- 20: ORGANISATIONAL CHANGES IN PORT CONTROL SECTION - St Helena (Business News) - 17.02.2015
- The public is advised that due to organisational changes within the Port Control Section (Office of the Harbourmaster) St Helena, the following personnel can be contacted via their new email addresses, detailed below.
- 21: BYE-ELECTION: DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS - WEDNESDAY 18 FEBRUARY 2015 - St Helena (Business News) - 16.02.2015
- The public is reminded that the last day and time for receiving Nominations to elect a Member to fill the vacant seat on Legislative Council is 12 noon on Wednesday, 18 February 2015.
- 22: CONTROLLED ROCK REMOVAL – WEST ROCKS - St Helena (Business News) - 16.02.2015
- On Wednesday morning, 18 February 2015, Rock Guards, from the Environment and Natural Resources Directorate (ENRD), will conduct a controlled rock removal operation in the West Rocks area.
- 23: SHIPPING - POST-RMS FREIGHT SERVICES UPDATE - St Helena (Business News) - 10.12.2014
- The public will be aware of recent visits from potential Ocean Freight Services providers Seafast, Hartman Project Lines (HPL) and Meihuizen Atlantic Islands Services (MAIS) between October and November this year.
- 24: Joint Ministerial Council Communiqué 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 03.12.2014
- The political leaders and representatives of the UK and the Overseas Territories met as the Joint Ministerial Council (JMC) at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London on 2 and 3 December. We welcomed the newly elected leader of the Government of Montserrat to his first Council.
- 25: FORCES TV AVAILABLE TO FALKLAND ISLANDS VIEWERS - Falklands (Business News) - 01.12.2014
- From the 1st December 2014, British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS) was broadcasting an additional TV channel, Forces TV, for viewers in the Falkland Islands.
- 26: CORPORATE SUPPORT THANKS POPPY APPEAL DONATORS - St Helena (Business News) - 28.11.2014
- Corporate Support staff would like to extend sincere thanks to everyone who supported this year’s fundraising in aid of the 2014 Poppy Appeal Fund and to all who attended the Remembrance Service on Sunday 9 November 2014.
- 27: WHARF USAGE - REMINDER - St Helena (Business News) - 27.11.2014
- The public is reminded that no unathorised vehicles can be parked on the Wharf after working hours (ie from 4pm to 8.30am Monday to Friday). Similarly at weekends, the Wharf will be closed from 4pm Friday afternoon through to Monday morning at 8.30pm.
- 28: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 26 November 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 26.11.2014
- The Rolling Action Log was reviewed as normal before the papers for the day. Members sought an update on when the Disciplinary Code for the Judiciary and the Framework Agreement (setting out the responsibilities of the executive branch of Government in respect of the Courts) would be published.
- 29: ANDREW WEIR GROUP ANNOUNCES SALE OF SHIPPING LINE - St Helena (Business News) - 21.11.2014
- The owners of the Andrew Weir Group (AWG) recently embarked on a financial restructuring exercise to enable a debt owed to the Merchant Navy Officers Pension Fund (MNOPF) to be cleared and to move forward on other core non-marine activities.
- 30: SUPREME COURT IN SESSION - St Helena (Business News) - 19.11.2014
- The formal opening of the St Helena Supreme Court took place yesterday, Tuesday 18 November, at 2pm. Various Civil and Criminal cases will be heard by the Supreme Court until Wednesday 10 December 2014.
- 31: SHG Concerns about unauthorised Access Road use - St Helena (Business News) - 19.11.2014
- In recent weeks, there has been a considerable increase in the unauthorised use of the Airport Access Road, leading to concerns about the safety of the public and protection of the environment.
- 32: SHG UK REPRESENTATIVE’S OFFICE - NEW CONTACT DETAILS - St Helena (Business News) - 18.11.2014
The public is advised that the SHG UK Representative, Mrs Kedell Worboys MBE and her team will be moving office on Thursday 20 November 2014.
- 33: ENHANCING SAFE FLIGHTS WITH UK MET OFFICE WEATHER FORECAST SERVICE - St Helena (Business News) - 14.11.2014
- Today, it has been announced that the operations of St Helena Airport will be supported by the UK Met Office, one of the world's foremost weather and climate service providers. The UK Met Office will be responsible for providing an on-Island weather forecasting service.
- 34: St Helena: CLOSURE OF CUSTOMS TAX AND PORT MANAGEMENT BUILDING - St Helena (Business News) - 13.11.2014
- The public is advised that the Customs, Tax and Port Management building will be closed
- 35: BUDGETARY AID MISSION DRAWS TO A CLOSE - St Helena (Business News) - 05.11.2014
- The DFID Budgetary Aid Mission (BAM) comprising team members, Senior Economic Adviser, Doug Winslow, Senior Social Development Adviser, Mary Thompson and St Helena Programme Manager, David Finan depart the Island tomorrow (6 November 2014) having held discussions for agreeing a three year budget for St Helena.
- 36: Falklands Retirement Pensions up for Consultation - Falklands (Business News) - 14.10.2014
- A public consultation will be carried out by the Falkland Islands Government between the 20th October and the 7th November 2014,
- 37: INTRODUCTION TO THE RT HON KENNETH CLARKE’S KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY LORD BLACK OF BRENTWOOD - Falklands (Business News) - 16.11.2011
- Before introducing our keynote speaker I am very grateful for the opportunity that Robin (Esser) has given me to just very briefly to draw your attention to an important report that has just been published today which focuses on press freedom issues on shores of countries where challenges to press freedom are even more intense and often literally a matter of life and death.
- 38: The Directors – Part VI Carol George, Director of Health and Social Welfare - St Helena (Business News) - 02.06.2011
- St Helena Government has introduced a new directorate structure which came into effect on 1st April. Because of this, instead of Departments SHG now has ten Directorates.
- 39: Jobless and Poverty Rates are key to Economic Recovery - All (Business News) - 12.08.2009
- Policy makers in the US Federal Reserve Bank are sitting down to discuss – amongst other things – interest rates, which are expected to remain the same at near zero percent. Also on the agenda, couched in eco-speak, is a concluding summary on the state of economy. SARTMA wonders – whose economy – theirs or ours.
- 40: ARGENTINE CLAIMS TO FALKLANDS SEABED CONTAINS NOTHING NEW - Falklands (Business News) - 25.04.2009
- Both Argentina and the United Kingdom are claiming a vast area of seabed from South America to the Antarctic in their latest bids for control of the South Atlantic.
- 41: Sartma Daily (30/08/05) - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 30.08.2005
- A quick overview of South Atlantic News
- 42: Postcode Not So New For Tristan - Tristan (Business News) - 10.08.2005
- One of the nice things about having a Tristanian working for SARTMA is that the record can be set straight about various things, including the Island’s postcode. TDCU 1ZZ has been available for at least 18 months.
Photo (c) James Glass Tristan Times - the building that houses the Tristan Post Office