|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (56) - Archived (1599) - All (1655)
- 1: New Website for Falklands’ Stamp and Philatelic Sales - Falklands (Business News) - 29.09.2015
- Falkland Islands’ Government and Falklands Post Service Ltd have announced that on Tuesday, 29 September 2015 the launch of a new on-line shopping service for philatelic products.
- 2: CAMERON URGES ARGENTINA'S NEIGHBOURS TO STAND UP FOR UKOT's SELF-DETERMINATION - Falklands (Business News) - 29.09.2015
- Addressing Jamaican Parliament during a short trip to the Caribbean, UK Prime Minister, the Rt Hon Mr David Cameron MP urged Argentina's neighbours to stand up for the rights of small islands’ self-determination.
- 3: Presentation on Chile Activities by Gavin Short at Monday’s Public Meeting - Falklands (Business News) - 21.09.2015
- A Report for FIRS by Liz Roberts and Ronnie McLennan Baird (22/09/15)
- 4: Presentation on Uruguay Stand at Prado by Gavin Short at Monday’s Public Meeting - Falklands (Business News) - 21.09.2015
- An Extract from the Public Meeting Held on Monday, 21/09/15
- 5: PUBLIC MEETING MONDAY, 21 SEPTEMBER 2015 - Falklands (Business News) - 21.09.2015
- A public meeting on the pension scheme was held in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the Town Hall at 1700 hrs on Monday, 21 September 2015. The Hon Mr Gavin Short chaired the meeting and the presentation was given by the Financial Secretary, Mrs Nicola Granger.
- 6: ST HELENA AIRPORT ACCREDITATION MAJOR INCIDENT EXERCISES - St Helena (Business News) - 11.09.2015
- As part of the accreditation process for St Helena Airport a number of emergency response exercises will be carried out during October and November 2015.
- 7: CENSUS 2016 QUESTIONNAIRE CONSULTATION - St Helena (Business News) - 08.09.2015
- During August 2015 the Statistics Office ran a public consultation to gather views and suggestions on topics for the 2016 Census Questionnaire.
- 8: St Helena: EMERGENCY RESPONSE DEVELOPMENTS - St Helena (Business News) - 08.09.2015
- As part of the developments in the way the Emergency Services respond to emergencies, new tabards have been purchased to designate the Incident Commander for the Police, for the Fire and Rescue Service and for the Heath Directorate. These tabards will be worn by the senior official from each of the emergency services for identification purposes.
- 9: RONNIE MCLENNON BAIRD GOES ONE TO ONE WITH JOHN SHEA - Falklands (Business News) - 07.09.2015
- A Report for FIRS by Ronnie McLennon Baird 07 September 2015
- 10: FALKLAND ISLANDS CHAMBER OF COMMERCE AGM Report - Falklands (Business News) - 04.09.2015
- The Falkland Islands Chamber of Commerce held its Annual General Meeting on Friday evening (4th September).
- 11: ST HELENA AIRPORT STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT FORUM WEDNESDAY 2 SEPTEMBER 2015 - St Helena (Business News) - 26.08.2015
- The quarterly St Helena Airport Project Stakeholder Engagement Forum (SEF) will take place on Wednesday 2 September 2015 at 6.30pm at the Museum of St Helena.
- 12: CAUTION URGED AS MARKETS HEAD SOUTH - Falklands (Business News) - 25.08.2015
- However, generally things are bumpy with all relevant companies share prices falling or remaining stable.
- 13: St Helena: EXCO REPORT - TUESDAY 25 AUGUST 2015 - St Helena (Business News) - 25.08.2015
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 25 August 2015. The Governor welcomed Acting Chief Secretary Gillian Francis, Acting Financial Secretary Dax Richards and a member of the public.
- 14: St Helena: SAFEGUARDING DIRECTORATE TO OPEN SAFE HAVEN - St Helena (Business News) - 24.08.2015
- The Safeguarding Directorate has signed an agreement with the United Nations for the sum of $150,000 USD to develop a ‘Safe Haven’ for women who are fleeing domestic violence on St Helena.
- 15: St Helena: RECEPTION CELEBRATES SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS - St Helena (Business News) - 13.08.2015
- A reception was hosted by HE the Governor and Mrs Capes last night at Plantation House, to welcome back St Helena’s Jersey Island Games participants and to wish farewell and good luck to the Samoa 2015 Commonwealth Youth Games team (photos attached).
- 16: St Helena: PARKING AT JAMESTOWN WHARF - St Helena (Business News) - 11.08.2015
- As previously announced there was limited access at the lower Wharf on the weekend of Saturday 8 and Sunday 9 August 2015.
- 17: St Helena: COUNCILLORS & OFFICIALS VISIT AIRPORT SITE - St Helena (Business News) - 05.08.2015
- Elected Members and various officials had the opportunity to visit the St Helena Airport Site on Friday 31 July 2015.
- 18: St Helena: QUARTERLY STATISTICAL BULLETIN 2015 Quarter 2 - St Helena (Business News) - 31.07.2015
- The Quarterly Statistical News Bulletin for August 2015, covers the period April to June 2015 (Q2 2015) and contains updates for the Annual Rate of Inflation of the Retail Price Index, High-Level Economic Updates, Vehicles on St Helena, Estimated Population, Arrivals and Departures, feedback from the Statistics Office, User Satisfaction Survey and an update on the 2016 Census regarding the Questionnaire consultation.
- 19: REVISION OF ST HELENA AIRPORT LOGO - St Helena (Business News) - 24.07.2015
- REVISION OF ST HELENA AIRPORT LOGO
- 20: St Helena: LAND & BUILDINGS DISPOSAL POLICY - St Helena (Business News) - 20.07.2015
- Following a review of the current Land Disposal Policy, the Environment &Natural Resources Committee today publishes a draft version of the revised policy for a period of two weeks - for comments from the public.
- 21: St helena: OIL REMOVAL FROM DARKDALE - UPDATE - St Helena (Business News) - 16.07.2015
- Further to the update issued on 9 July 2015 on the operation to remove fuel oil from the RFA Darkdale wreck,
- 22: St Helena: DAX RICHARDS APPOINTED ACTING FINANCIAL SECRETARY - St Helena (Business News) - 16.07.2015
- Assistant Financial Secretary, Dax Richards, has been appointed Acting Financial Secretary, following the departure of the substantive Financial Secretary, Colin Owen.
- 23: St Helena: REMOTE OBSTACLE LIGHTS - St Helena (Business News) - 15.07.2015
- Members of the public may have noticed a series of red lights in the vicinity of the Airport.
- 24: St Helena: STATE OF THE ISLAND 2015 - St Helena (Business News) - 14.07.2015
- St Helena’s first State of the Island report has today been published by the Corporate Policy & Planning Unit of SHG.
- 25: St Helena: EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 14 JULY 2015 - St Helena (Business News) - 14.07.2015
- Executive Council met today Tuesday 14 July 2015, with one item on the Open Agenda. His Excellency the Governor welcomed the new Members to Executive Council and members of the public in attendance.
- 26: St Helena: NEW SOCIAL WORKERS FOR SAFEGUARDING DIRECTORATE - St Helena (Business News) - 14.07.2015
- The Safeguarding Directorate has recruited three new members of staff to fill the positions of Senior Social Workers and Social Care Officer.
- 27: ST HELENA AIRPORT LOGO - St Helena (Business News) - 13.07.2015
- St Helena Government is pleased to release today a brand new logo for St Helena Airport.
- 28: EXCO MEETING – Tuesday 14 July 2015 - St Helena (Business News) - 13.07.2015
- Executive Council will meet tomorrow morning Tuesday 14 July 2015, in the Council Chamber.
- 29: St Helena: NEW CROWN COUNSEL (CIVIL AND CHILD PROTECTION) - St Helena (Business News) - 13.07.2015
- Angelo Berbotto has been appointed as the first St Helena Crown Council to specialise in civil and public childcare.
- 30: ADULT GROUP CELEBRATES SUCCESSES IN FRENCH - St Helena (Business News) - 13.07.2015
- The evening of Wednesday, 24 June 2015 marked the celebration of members of the adult group learning French (photo attached) - as they received their certificates for this academic year.
- 31: SEA RESCUE – SHORT TERM OPERATIONS - St Helena (Business News) - 10.07.2015
- Whilst the new Sea Rescue Service facility in Rupert’s is being constructed, the service will be temporarily located on Jamestown Wharf.
- 32: OIL REMOVAL FROM DARKDALE - UPDATE - St Helena (Business News) - 09.07.2015
- Further to the update issued on 29 June 2015 on the operation to remove fuel oil from the RFA Darkdale wreck, Andy Liddell of MOD’s Salvage & Marine Operations division has reported that work has been progressing well over the past week and that the team has now completed its first phase of the work to remove explosive ordnance from the wreck.
- 33: St Helena: ORDER PAPER WITH RESPONSES TO WRITTEN QUESTIONS NOW ONLINE - St Helena (Business News) - 09.07.2015
- The Order Paper from yesterday’s formal Legislative Council Meeting, including responses to written questions asked by Members in the House, has today been made available on the SHG website.
- 34: St Helena: ELECTIONS TO EXECUTIVE COUNCIL - St Helena (Business News) - 08.07.2015
- At today’s formal meeting of Legislative Council, Members elected Councillors Lawson Henry, Brian Isaac, Christine Scipio-O’Dean, Derek Thomas and Pamela Ward Pearce to form the new Executive Council.
- 35: Public Meeting Report: Monday, 25 May 2015 Part 2 - Falklands (Business News) - 25.05.2015
- An open public meeting took place in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the Town hall on Monday, 25 May 2015 at 1700hrs. Present were MLAs Cheek, Edwards, Hansen, Rendell, Short and Summers. Ian Hansen was Chair of the month.
- 36: SHIPPING - POST-RMS FREIGHT SERVICES UPDATE - St Helena (Business News) - 10.12.2014
- The public will be aware of recent visits from potential Ocean Freight Services providers Seafast, Hartman Project Lines (HPL) and Meihuizen Atlantic Islands Services (MAIS) between October and November this year.
- 37: Joint Ministerial Council Communiqué 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 03.12.2014
- The political leaders and representatives of the UK and the Overseas Territories met as the Joint Ministerial Council (JMC) at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London on 2 and 3 December. We welcomed the newly elected leader of the Government of Montserrat to his first Council.
- 38: FORCES TV AVAILABLE TO FALKLAND ISLANDS VIEWERS - Falklands (Business News) - 01.12.2014
- From the 1st December 2014, British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS) was broadcasting an additional TV channel, Forces TV, for viewers in the Falkland Islands.
- 39: CORPORATE SUPPORT THANKS POPPY APPEAL DONATORS - St Helena (Business News) - 28.11.2014
- Corporate Support staff would like to extend sincere thanks to everyone who supported this year’s fundraising in aid of the 2014 Poppy Appeal Fund and to all who attended the Remembrance Service on Sunday 9 November 2014.
- 40: WHARF USAGE - REMINDER - St Helena (Business News) - 27.11.2014
- The public is reminded that no unathorised vehicles can be parked on the Wharf after working hours (ie from 4pm to 8.30am Monday to Friday). Similarly at weekends, the Wharf will be closed from 4pm Friday afternoon through to Monday morning at 8.30pm.
- 41: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 26 November 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 26.11.2014
- The Rolling Action Log was reviewed as normal before the papers for the day. Members sought an update on when the Disciplinary Code for the Judiciary and the Framework Agreement (setting out the responsibilities of the executive branch of Government in respect of the Courts) would be published.
- 42: ANDREW WEIR GROUP ANNOUNCES SALE OF SHIPPING LINE - St Helena (Business News) - 21.11.2014
- The owners of the Andrew Weir Group (AWG) recently embarked on a financial restructuring exercise to enable a debt owed to the Merchant Navy Officers Pension Fund (MNOPF) to be cleared and to move forward on other core non-marine activities.
- 43: SUPREME COURT IN SESSION - St Helena (Business News) - 19.11.2014
- The formal opening of the St Helena Supreme Court took place yesterday, Tuesday 18 November, at 2pm. Various Civil and Criminal cases will be heard by the Supreme Court until Wednesday 10 December 2014.
- 44: SHG Concerns about unauthorised Access Road use - St Helena (Business News) - 19.11.2014
- In recent weeks, there has been a considerable increase in the unauthorised use of the Airport Access Road, leading to concerns about the safety of the public and protection of the environment.
- 45: SHG UK REPRESENTATIVE’S OFFICE - NEW CONTACT DETAILS - St Helena (Business News) - 18.11.2014
The public is advised that the SHG UK Representative, Mrs Kedell Worboys MBE and her team will be moving office on Thursday 20 November 2014.
- 46: ENHANCING SAFE FLIGHTS WITH UK MET OFFICE WEATHER FORECAST SERVICE - St Helena (Business News) - 14.11.2014
- Today, it has been announced that the operations of St Helena Airport will be supported by the UK Met Office, one of the world's foremost weather and climate service providers. The UK Met Office will be responsible for providing an on-Island weather forecasting service.
- 47: St Helena: CLOSURE OF CUSTOMS TAX AND PORT MANAGEMENT BUILDING - St Helena (Business News) - 13.11.2014
- The public is advised that the Customs, Tax and Port Management building will be closed
- 48: BUDGETARY AID MISSION DRAWS TO A CLOSE - St Helena (Business News) - 05.11.2014
- The DFID Budgetary Aid Mission (BAM) comprising team members, Senior Economic Adviser, Doug Winslow, Senior Social Development Adviser, Mary Thompson and St Helena Programme Manager, David Finan depart the Island tomorrow (6 November 2014) having held discussions for agreeing a three year budget for St Helena.
- 49: Falklands Retirement Pensions up for Consultation - Falklands (Business News) - 14.10.2014
- A public consultation will be carried out by the Falkland Islands Government between the 20th October and the 7th November 2014,
- 50: INTRODUCTION TO THE RT HON KENNETH CLARKE’S KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY LORD BLACK OF BRENTWOOD - Falklands (Business News) - 16.11.2011
- Before introducing our keynote speaker I am very grateful for the opportunity that Robin (Esser) has given me to just very briefly to draw your attention to an important report that has just been published today which focuses on press freedom issues on shores of countries where challenges to press freedom are even more intense and often literally a matter of life and death.
- 51: The Directors – Part VI Carol George, Director of Health and Social Welfare - St Helena (Business News) - 02.06.2011
- St Helena Government has introduced a new directorate structure which came into effect on 1st April. Because of this, instead of Departments SHG now has ten Directorates.
- 52: Jobless and Poverty Rates are key to Economic Recovery - All (Business News) - 12.08.2009
- Policy makers in the US Federal Reserve Bank are sitting down to discuss – amongst other things – interest rates, which are expected to remain the same at near zero percent. Also on the agenda, couched in eco-speak, is a concluding summary on the state of economy. SARTMA wonders – whose economy – theirs or ours.
- 53: ARGENTINE CLAIMS TO FALKLANDS SEABED CONTAINS NOTHING NEW - Falklands (Business News) - 25.04.2009
- Both Argentina and the United Kingdom are claiming a vast area of seabed from South America to the Antarctic in their latest bids for control of the South Atlantic.
- 54: Sartma Daily (30/08/05) - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 30.08.2005
- A quick overview of South Atlantic News
- 55: Postcode Not So New For Tristan - Tristan (Business News) - 10.08.2005
- One of the nice things about having a Tristanian working for SARTMA is that the record can be set straight about various things, including the Island’s postcode. TDCU 1ZZ has been available for at least 18 months.
Photo (c) James Glass Tristan Times - the building that houses the Tristan Post Office
- 56: All Change at FIDC - Falklands (Business News) - 00.00.0000
- An exciting new chapter has begun at the Falkland Islands Development Corporation with the enactments of the FIDC Ordinance