|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (47) - Archived (1660) - All (1707)
- 1: JET AIRCRAFT LANDS AT ST HELENA MAKING HISTORY - All (Business News) - 23.04.2016
- The first large passenger jet aircraft, a Boeing 737-800 (ZS-ZWG), touched down at St Helena’s new Airport shortly after 12.00 noon on Monday, 18 April 2016, making history on St Helena.
- 2: St Helena: CROWN ESTATES OFFICER GAINS FURTHER PROPERTY EXPERIENCE - St Helena (Business News) - 19.04.2016
- Crown Estates Officer, Gina Henry, was recently able to further her training in Property Valuation, Asset Management and Land Registration Procedures and Reporting with DM Hall, an industry recognised firm of Chartered Surveyors, in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- 3: St Helena: ASYCUDA SPECIALISTS ON ISLAND - St Helena (Business News) - 19.04.2016
- Currently on Island assisting Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs team, in the implementation of the Automated System for Customs Data (ASYCUDA World), is Mr Owen Holder from Barbados and Mr Ernie Boland from Dominica....
- 4: OFFICIAL OPENING OF ST HELENA AIRPORT - St Helena (Business News) - 12.04.2016
- The historic opening of St Helena Airport is planned for the morning of Saturday 21 May 2016, starting at around 10.30am
- 5: BRITISH AIRWAYS (OPERATED BY COMAIR) READY TO SERVE THE SAINTS - St Helena (Business News) - 12.04.2016
- St Helena residents are by now well aware that the new St Helena Airport will open soon and that, for the first time, the Island will be linked to the rest of the world by air - but may be less familiar with the airline which will serve the route. That’s about to change.
- 6: Report on the FIRST JET AIRCRAFT TO LAND AT ST HELENA AIRPORT - St Helena (Business News) - 11.04.2016
- A Bombardier Challenger 300 business jet landed at St Helena Airport yesterday, Sunday 10 April 2016, at around 11.20am - the first ever jet aircraft to land at St Helena Airport (HLE).
- 7: PHANTOM FOGL: The jig is up! - Falklands (Business News) - 11.04.2016
- To the online newspapers below – and many more besides – why are you quoting FOGL when the Company’s Shares were suspended from the London Stock Exchange on 18 January 2016?
- 8: Falklands: GREEN TOKINS NET £500.00 FOR LOCAL CHARITIES - Falklands (Business News) - 31.03.2016
- Thanks to the Green Tokin Scheme three local charities are richer.
- 9: Guidance Published for Stanley Conservation Area - Falklands (Business News) - 31.03.2016
- Under Section 35 of the Planning Ordinance 1991, the Governor [in Executive Council] is authorised to, “issue of circulars, notes or guidance in relation to the determination of applications for planning permission”.
- 10: ARGENTINA WINS PORKIE PIE AWARD OVER FALKLANDS CONTINENTAL SHELF STATEMENT - Falklands (Business News) - 31.03.2016
- When asked for a statement a Foreign Office spokesperson said: “The Commission on the Limits of the Continental Shelf (CLCS) has no jurisdiction over the sovereignty of the Falkland Islands.”
- 11: FIG Says Argentine Sea Shelf Claim wholly misleading - Falklands (Business News) - 29.03.2016
- Argentine statements which suggest that the sovereign position in the Falkland Islands has changed as a result of this decision are wholly misleading.
- 12: Falklands: PUBLIC MEETING MONDAY, 21 MARCH 2016 REPORT - Falklands (Business News) - 21.03.2016
- A public meeting was held in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the town hall at 1700hrs on Monday, 21 March 2016.
- 13: St Helena: PORT AUTHORITY PUBLIC MEETING - St Helena (Business News) - 17.03.2016
- The proposed new Port Authority will hold a public meeting at 17.00hrs on Wednesday 23 March 2016 at the Canister in Jamestown, to discuss changes in legislation - consolidating the existing Harbours Ordinance and Port Security Ordinance into one single piece of legislation - namely the new Ports Ordinance.
- 14: Executive Council held on Wednesday 24 February 2016 at 9am. - Falklands (Business News) - 24.02.2016
- Five papers were on the agenda for the meeting as well as the ExCo Action Log, making it a relatively brief meeting.
- 15: Public Meeting Report Part 1 MONDAY, 22 FEBRUARY 2016 - Falklands (Business News) - 22.02.2016
- A public meeting was held in the court and Assembly Chamber of the Town Hall at 1700hrs on Monday, 22 February 2016.
- 16: Public Meeting 22 February 2016 Part 2 – Questions: Water Supply and Public Jetty - Falklands (Business News) - 22.02.2016
- Brian Summers wanted to know if it would be necessary to build storage tanks for the alternative water supply.
- 17: Motion for Adjournment Speech by CBFSAI Commodore Darren Bone, RN (28/01/16) - Falklands (Business News) - 28.01.2016
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, I have two short notes this morning. You will all know that our Bishop Nigel Stock is in the Islands.
- 18: TEN YEAR PLAN FOR ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 26.01.2016
- St Helena has sometimes suffered from a short term approach to planning and this has led, in some cases, to the direction of travel changing or to possible missed opportunities from potential funders.
- 19: St Helena: QUARTERLY STATISTICAL NEWS BULLETIN; JANUARY 2016 - St Helena (Business News) - 26.01.2016
- The Quarterly Statistical News Bulletin for January 2016, covers the period September to December 2015, and contains updates for the annual rate of inflation
- 20: Prime Minister David Cameron meets with the Argentine President Mauricio Macri, at Davos in Switzerland - Falklands (Business News) - 25.01.2016
- Finally on the Falklands the Prime Minister was clear that our position remained the same and that the recent referendum was absolutely clear on the Islanders’ wish to remain British.
- 21: RMS BACK ON SCHEDULE: BUT UK CARGO DELAYED - St Helena (Business News) - 25.01.2016
- The RMS St Helena is now expected to depart Cape Town at 22.00hrs tonight, Monday 25 January 2016 - roughly on her original schedule.
- 22: FM Radio Infrastructure Update - Falklands (Business News) - 20.01.2016
- FIG would like to update listeners on the progress of the FM Radio infrastructure.
- 23: Information for St Helenians thinking about returning to the Island - St Helena (Business News) - 15.01.2016
- For the first time in many years the population of St Helena is rising.
- 24: Changes to South Atlantic Airbridge Terms and Conditions - Ascension (Business News) - 14.01.2016
- Passengers should be aware of a number of recent changes to regulations related to travel on the South Atlantic Airbridge.
- 25: St Helena: AIRPORT DIGITAL NEWS-DESK LAUNCHED - St Helena (Business News) - 12.01.2016
- Forthcoming flights at St Helena Airport represent an enormous moment in St Helena’s history and is attracting equally significant and accelerating global media interest
- 26: St Helena: HEAD OF NEWS TO DEPART ON OVERSEAS TRAINING - St Helena (Business News) - 05.01.2016
- SHG Press Office’s Head of News, Kerisha Stevens, departs the Island tomorrow, Wednesday 6 January 2016, to study for a Social Media for Business Diploma with the Pitman Training Group in central London.
- 27: Public Meeting Report: Monday, 25 May 2015 Part 2 - Falklands (Business News) - 25.05.2015
- An open public meeting took place in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the Town hall on Monday, 25 May 2015 at 1700hrs. Present were MLAs Cheek, Edwards, Hansen, Rendell, Short and Summers. Ian Hansen was Chair of the month.
- 28: SHIPPING - POST-RMS FREIGHT SERVICES UPDATE - St Helena (Business News) - 10.12.2014
- The public will be aware of recent visits from potential Ocean Freight Services providers Seafast, Hartman Project Lines (HPL) and Meihuizen Atlantic Islands Services (MAIS) between October and November this year.
- 29: Joint Ministerial Council Communiqué 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 03.12.2014
- The political leaders and representatives of the UK and the Overseas Territories met as the Joint Ministerial Council (JMC) at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London on 2 and 3 December. We welcomed the newly elected leader of the Government of Montserrat to his first Council.
- 30: FORCES TV AVAILABLE TO FALKLAND ISLANDS VIEWERS - Falklands (Business News) - 01.12.2014
- From the 1st December 2014, British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS) was broadcasting an additional TV channel, Forces TV, for viewers in the Falkland Islands.
- 31: CORPORATE SUPPORT THANKS POPPY APPEAL DONATORS - St Helena (Business News) - 28.11.2014
- Corporate Support staff would like to extend sincere thanks to everyone who supported this year’s fundraising in aid of the 2014 Poppy Appeal Fund and to all who attended the Remembrance Service on Sunday 9 November 2014.
- 32: WHARF USAGE - REMINDER - St Helena (Business News) - 27.11.2014
- The public is reminded that no unathorised vehicles can be parked on the Wharf after working hours (ie from 4pm to 8.30am Monday to Friday). Similarly at weekends, the Wharf will be closed from 4pm Friday afternoon through to Monday morning at 8.30pm.
- 33: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 26 November 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 26.11.2014
- The Rolling Action Log was reviewed as normal before the papers for the day. Members sought an update on when the Disciplinary Code for the Judiciary and the Framework Agreement (setting out the responsibilities of the executive branch of Government in respect of the Courts) would be published.
- 34: ANDREW WEIR GROUP ANNOUNCES SALE OF SHIPPING LINE - St Helena (Business News) - 21.11.2014
- The owners of the Andrew Weir Group (AWG) recently embarked on a financial restructuring exercise to enable a debt owed to the Merchant Navy Officers Pension Fund (MNOPF) to be cleared and to move forward on other core non-marine activities.
- 35: SUPREME COURT IN SESSION - St Helena (Business News) - 19.11.2014
- The formal opening of the St Helena Supreme Court took place yesterday, Tuesday 18 November, at 2pm. Various Civil and Criminal cases will be heard by the Supreme Court until Wednesday 10 December 2014.
- 36: SHG Concerns about unauthorised Access Road use - St Helena (Business News) - 19.11.2014
- In recent weeks, there has been a considerable increase in the unauthorised use of the Airport Access Road, leading to concerns about the safety of the public and protection of the environment.
- 37: SHG UK REPRESENTATIVE’S OFFICE - NEW CONTACT DETAILS - St Helena (Business News) - 18.11.2014
The public is advised that the SHG UK Representative, Mrs Kedell Worboys MBE and her team will be moving office on Thursday 20 November 2014.
- 38: ENHANCING SAFE FLIGHTS WITH UK MET OFFICE WEATHER FORECAST SERVICE - St Helena (Business News) - 14.11.2014
- Today, it has been announced that the operations of St Helena Airport will be supported by the UK Met Office, one of the world's foremost weather and climate service providers. The UK Met Office will be responsible for providing an on-Island weather forecasting service.
- 39: St Helena: CLOSURE OF CUSTOMS TAX AND PORT MANAGEMENT BUILDING - St Helena (Business News) - 13.11.2014
- The public is advised that the Customs, Tax and Port Management building will be closed
- 40: BUDGETARY AID MISSION DRAWS TO A CLOSE - St Helena (Business News) - 05.11.2014
- The DFID Budgetary Aid Mission (BAM) comprising team members, Senior Economic Adviser, Doug Winslow, Senior Social Development Adviser, Mary Thompson and St Helena Programme Manager, David Finan depart the Island tomorrow (6 November 2014) having held discussions for agreeing a three year budget for St Helena.
- 41: Falklands Retirement Pensions up for Consultation - Falklands (Business News) - 14.10.2014
- A public consultation will be carried out by the Falkland Islands Government between the 20th October and the 7th November 2014,
- 42: INTRODUCTION TO THE RT HON KENNETH CLARKE’S KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY LORD BLACK OF BRENTWOOD - Falklands (Business News) - 16.11.2011
- Before introducing our keynote speaker I am very grateful for the opportunity that Robin (Esser) has given me to just very briefly to draw your attention to an important report that has just been published today which focuses on press freedom issues on shores of countries where challenges to press freedom are even more intense and often literally a matter of life and death.
- 43: The Directors – Part VI Carol George, Director of Health and Social Welfare - St Helena (Business News) - 02.06.2011
- St Helena Government has introduced a new directorate structure which came into effect on 1st April. Because of this, instead of Departments SHG now has ten Directorates.
- 44: Jobless and Poverty Rates are key to Economic Recovery - All (Business News) - 12.08.2009
- Policy makers in the US Federal Reserve Bank are sitting down to discuss – amongst other things – interest rates, which are expected to remain the same at near zero percent. Also on the agenda, couched in eco-speak, is a concluding summary on the state of economy. SARTMA wonders – whose economy – theirs or ours.
- 45: ARGENTINE CLAIMS TO FALKLANDS SEABED CONTAINS NOTHING NEW - Falklands (Business News) - 25.04.2009
- Both Argentina and the United Kingdom are claiming a vast area of seabed from South America to the Antarctic in their latest bids for control of the South Atlantic.
- 46: Sartma Daily (30/08/05) - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 30.08.2005
- A quick overview of South Atlantic News
- 47: Postcode Not So New For Tristan - Tristan (Business News) - 10.08.2005
- One of the nice things about having a Tristanian working for SARTMA is that the record can be set straight about various things, including the Island’s postcode. TDCU 1ZZ has been available for at least 18 months.
Photo (c) James Glass Tristan Times - the building that houses the Tristan Post Office