|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (16) - Archived (253) - All (269)
- 1: St Helena: E-SAFETY GUIDES FOR PARENTS AND YOUNG PEOPLE - St Helena (Education) - 30.06.2015
- As part of St Helena’s safeguarding projects, the Safeguarding Children’s Board has this week launched two leaflets - one for parents & guardians and one for young people - providing information on the safe use of the internet and using the internet wisely.
- 2: St Helena: NURSERY PROVISION - St Helena (Education) - 29.06.2015
- Since 2012, the Education & Employment Directorate have trialled the admission of children, approaching their third birthday, into Nursery classes in the Primary Schools.
- 3: The Hon Mr Mike Summers' Address to C-24 Committee - Falklands (Education) - 25.06.2015
- I am happy to be here to address you once again on behalf of the Government and people of the Falkland Islands.
- 4: The Hon Mrs Phyl Rendell's Address to the C-24 Committee - Falklands (Education) - 25.06.2015
- Thank you for the opportunity to address this meeting here in New York and to be able, as requested by the Secretary General, to take stock of progress made in the Falkland Islands.
- 5: SUMMARY OF MLA VISIT TO SEATTLE AND HOUSTON 14TH – 20TH JUNE 2015 - Falklands (Education) - 24.06.2015
- MLAs Mike Summers OBE and Phyl Rendell MBE have completed the second leg of their trip to the United States, visiting Seattle
- 6: BABY PLAYDAY - St Helena (Education) - 12.06.2015
- A Baby PlayDay was organised by staff at the Health Directorate on Wednesday 10 June 2015 and mothers with babies born in 2014 or 2015 were invited to attend the event, held at Princes Lodge.
Midwife Rosemary Mittens said:
- 7: PUBLIC MEETING PROPOSED NEW RULES AND REGULATIONS - St Helena (Education) - 26.05.2015
- The Port Control Section invites members of the public to attend an open discussion on the proposed new rules and regulations regarding the safe use of PWC in St Helena waters.
- 8: ST HELENA ARCHIVES CLOSURE - St Helena (Education) - 26.05.2015
- The St Helena Archives would like to inform the public that they will be closed tomorrow Wednesday, 27 May 2015, due to a Staff Development Day.
- 9: PROGRESS FOLLOWS SCE INSPECTION AT COMMUNITY SCHOOL - Falklands (Education) - 18.05.2015
- Following school inspections undertaken in November 2014 by Service Children’s Education, Ursula Norbert has joined the team at Falkland Islands Community School for three months as a Schools Improvement Partner.
- 10: 3 Way Archery Postal Shoot – a Victory for the Falklands Team - Falklands (Education) - 21.11.2014
- Yet another first for the Falklands and the Falklands Archery Association happened this week with members taking part in a 3 way Handicapped ‘Portsmouth’ Postal Shoot against 2 other UK based archery clubs...Mike McLeod tells us more
- 11: St HELENA GIS DAY 2014 - St Helena (Education) - 18.11.2014
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Day is a worldwide event held every year in more than 80 countries across the world.
- 12: OFSTED SCHOOLS INSPECTION COMPLETED IN THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Education) - 18.11.2014
- As Part of the Schools Inspection process the Education Department Welcomed HMI Mr Mike Chislett an inspector from the education regulator Ofsted to the Falklands as part of the schools' inspection process..
- 13: Members of A Company, the Rifles try their hand at Archery in the Falklands - Falklands (Education) - 18.11.2014
- Twelve members of members of A Company, The Rifles stopprf off at the FIDF Hall while on a visit to the area in Stanley on Wednesday, 19 November 2014.
- 14: PRINCE ANDREW SCHOOL COMMEMORATES REMEMBRANCE DAY - St Helena (Education) - 14.11.2014
- Prince Andrew School commemorated Remembrance Day in a special assembly, led by students from Year 12, on Tuesday 11 November 2014.
- 15: LIFELONG LEARNING CERTIFICATE PRESENTATION 2014 - St Helena (Education) - 14.11.2014
- The Lifelong Learning Awards Ceremony was held on Thursday, 13 November 2014 at the Education Learning Centre. Awards went to individuals who participated and completed the Livelihoods Programme, Apprenticeship Scheme and NVQs in Customer Service, Crop Production, Health and Social Care, Environmental Conservation, Land Based and Business Administration.
- 16: New Head Teacher for Prince Andrew School - St Helena (Education) - 13.01.2011
- The new Head Teacher of Prince Andrew School, Abraham Swart accompanied by his wife arrived on island on Tuesday, 11th January 2011.