|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (12) - Archived (185) - All (197)
- 1: St Helena: NEW DIRECTOR OF HEALTH APPOINTED - St Helena (Health) - 17.04.2015
- A new Director of Health, Dr Darren Clarke (photo attached), has been appointed on a two-year contract and will take up his position on St Helena in June 2015.
- 2: NEW SAFEGUARDING MONEY FOR ST HELENA - St Helena (Health) - 10.04.2015
- As the Financial Secretary explained in his Budget Speech on 27 March 2015, SHG has recognised the importance of Safeguarding on St Helena with the introduction of a new Safeguarding Directorate. He said that this Directorate would receive £2.6m in
- 3: PARENTS PROTECT AWARENESS SESSION - St Helena (Health) - 23.03.2015
- A Parents Protect Awareness Session will be held at the Jamestown Community Centre tomorrow evening, Tuesday 24 March 2015,
- 4: VISITING PSYCHIATRIST FOR ST HELENA - St Helena (Health) - 16.03.2015
- Professor Brian Robertson, Emeritus Professor at the Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health, University of Cape Town, will be making his annual visit to St Helena, arriving on Monday 30 March and departing on 27 April 2015.
- 5: NEW HEALTH SERVICE STAFF - St Helena (Health) - 06.03.2015
- The St Helena General Hospital has recently welcomed two new Doctors to their Health Service Team.
- 6: NEWLY APPOINTED SENIOR SOCIAL WORKER - St Helena (Health) - 03.03.2015
- Arriving to the Island on Thursday, 26 February 2015, was Senior Social Worker, Stephanie Jones (photo attached).
- 7: NEW APPOINTED SENIOR SOCIAL WORKER - St Helena (Health) - 02.03.2015
- Arrived to the island on the 26 February 2015 was Senior Social Worker Stephanie Jones who is based at Brick House, Upper Jamestown.
- 8: FREE CONFIDENTIAL TELEPHONE SUPPORT SERVICE NOW AVAILABLE - St Helena (Health) - 02.03.2015
- St Helena Government (SHG) in partnership with UK Charity, Samaritans, and SURE South Atlantic Ltd are pleased to announce that a free and confidential telephone support service is now available. The telephone number for this service is 20000.
- 9: SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT FROM CHAIRMAN OF SOCIAL AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE - St Helena (Health) - 17.02.2015
- As you will be aware, St Helena has attracted considerable negative publicity recently, depicting our Island as a place where child abuse is tolerated and not properly addressed by Government agencies. This is simply not true!
- 10: St Helena: Good news for the General Hospital - St Helena (Health) - 18.11.2014
- 2 Articles The St Helena General Hospital has recently received two new operating tables from the Lund University Hospital in Sweden, sourced by the Medico Technical Engineer, Jorgen Larsson from the Swedish Hospital where our Senior Medical Officer, Dr Attila Frigyesi hails from.
- 11: PINK RUNS OVERTAKE THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Health) - 21.05.2014
- Stanley saw PINK on Sunday when 171 members of the public wore all shades of the colour and ran in support of breast cancer awareness.
- 12: GRYTVIKEN WASTE REMOVAL: AN EXERCISE IN HISTORICAL PRESERVATION - S.Georgia (Health) - 30.04.2004
- You might think that removing the dangerous bits of Grytviken’s whaling station would mean the total clearance of all that was brought to the site in the early part of the last century but you would be wrong.
Photos (C) J. Brock (SARTMA - SG) and Vladimir Seliverstov - The Albatrosss and Dias before and after.