|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (19) - Archived (204) - All (223)
- 1: MENTAL HEALTH ORDINANCE OUT FOR PUBLIC CONSULTATION - St Helena (Health) - 23.09.2015
- St Helenaís Mental Health Ordinance is a comprehensive piece of legislation with the primary aim of protecting individuals with mental health vulnerabilities.
- 2: PUBLIC MEETING MONDAY, 14 SEPTEMBER 2015 - Falklands (Health) - 14.09.2015
- A public meeting was held in the court and Assembly Chamber of the Town Hall at 1700hrs on Monday, 14 September 2015. The meeting was exclusively about Developing Older Peopleís Services in the Falklands.
- 3: St Helena: HEALTH MATTERS - FOOD HYGIENE - PART 2 - St Helena (Health) - 14.09.2015
- This is my second article on food hygiene. Food hygiene is especially important as the weather turns warmer - as bugs love the warm weather as much as we do.
- 4: St Helena: HEALTH MATTERS - USE OF CANNABIS - St Helena (Health) - 07.09.2015
- There has been a lot of information in the press lately about the use of cannabis on the Island, so I thought that I would put forward some information from a health perspective.
- 5: St Helena: SOCIAL WELFARE REVIEW - FURTHER RECOMMENDATIONS IMPLEMENTED - St Helena (Health) - 07.09.2015
- SHG is pleased to announce that a further three recommendations from the Sainsbury Social Welfare Review 2013 have been accepted and the necessary amendments to the Social Security Ordinance and Regulations have recently been approved to amend the eligibility criteria for Basic Island Pension. The process for accessing Income Related Benefits will remain unchanged at this time.
- 6: DOG POO DOMINATES PUBLIC MEETING - Falklands (Health) - 24.08.2015
A public meeting took place in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the town hall at 1700hrs on Monday, 24 August 2015. Present were MLAs Edwards, Cheek, Hansen, Short, Elsby, Rendell and Poole.
- 7: NEW HEALTH PROMOTION COORDINATOR IN POST - St Helena (Health) - 21.08.2015
- A new Health Promotion Coordinator, Marian Yon, has been appointed. Marian took up her post on 10 August 2015 and is based at St Johnís Villa.
- 8: St Helena: REOPENING OF LEVELWOOD CLINIC - St Helena (Health) - 17.08.2015
- Following the successful re-openings of the Half Tree Hollow and Longwood Clinics, run by the Community Nurses, the Health Directorate is pleased to announce that the Levelwood Clinic will be re-opening to the public on Thursday 27 August 2015.
- 9: St Helena: FREE OVER-THE-COUNTER MEDICATIONS TO CHILDREN - SIX MONTH TRIAL - St Helena (Health) - 17.08.2015
- A six month trial of the supply of free over-the-counter medications to children has been agreed by the Public Health Committee and will commence on 1 Sept 2015.
- 10: St helena: RECOGNITION OF SEA RESCUE CREW - St Helena (Health) - 14.08.2015
- A ceremony was held yesterday (Thursday 13 August) to recognise and congratulate the Sea Rescue Crew for their efforts in their training programme and their commitment to offering a vital and much needed service to St Helenaís community.
- 11: St Helenians TRAVELLING TO SOUTH AFRICA WITH CHILDREN? - St Helena (Health) - 04.08.2015
- The Immigration Service would like to remind all persons travelling with children under the age of 18 to South Africa of a change in entry regulations.
- 12: St Helena: PUBLIC HEALTH MEETING - St Helena (Health) - 27.07.2015
- The Health Directorate will be holding a Public Health Committee meeting on Wednesday 5 August 2015
- 13: St Helena: HEALTH MATTERS - SAMARITANS AWARENESS DAY - St Helena (Health) - 20.07.2015
- This article is written to coincide with Samaritans Awareness Day on Friday 24 July. The Samaritansí phone number, 20000, connects to the UK and is free.
- 14: KEMH CELEBRATES 100 YEARS OF HEALTHCARE IN THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Health) - 25.05.2015
- My first memory of the KEMH was the Churchill Wing just before construction of the new hospital began in December 1984.
- 15: WALKERS AND RUNNERS TO SEE PINK AT FITZROY ON MAY 17TH - Falklands (Health) - 07.05.2015
- Those of you who remember the excellent day out last May during the annual pink fun run at Fitzroy will not be disappointed this year when the annual run takes place on Sunday, 17 may 2015.
- 16: PARENTS PROTECT AWARENESS SESSION - St Helena (Health) - 23.03.2015
- A Parents Protect Awareness Session will be held at the Jamestown Community Centre tomorrow evening, Tuesday 24 March 2015,
- 17: St Helena: Good news for the General Hospital - St Helena (Health) - 18.11.2014
- 2 Articles The St Helena General Hospital has recently received two new operating tables from the Lund University Hospital in Sweden, sourced by the Medico Technical Engineer, Jorgen Larsson from the Swedish Hospital where our Senior Medical Officer, Dr Attila Frigyesi hails from.
- 18: PINK RUNS OVERTAKE THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Health) - 21.05.2014
- Stanley saw PINK on Sunday when 171 members of the public wore all shades of the colour and ran in support of breast cancer awareness.
- 19: GRYTVIKEN WASTE REMOVAL: AN EXERCISE IN HISTORICAL PRESERVATION - S.Georgia (Health) - 30.04.2004
- You might think that removing the dangerous bits of Grytvikenís whaling station would mean the total clearance of all that was brought to the site in the early part of the last century but you would be wrong.
Photos (C) J. Brock (SARTMA - SG) and Vladimir Seliverstov - The Albatrosss and Dias before and after.