|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (23) - Archived (722) - All (745)
- 1: Falklands: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 11 February 2015 - Falklands (Legal) - 11.02.2015
- Attending MLA’s Poole, Rendell and Summers. This was a brief meeting with only a few papers.
- 2: St Helena: BYE-ELECTION 2015 WRIT OF ELECTION ISSUED - St Helena (Legal) - 03.02.2015
- Governor Capes has today issued the Writ of Election, for the 4 March Bye-election
- 3: St Helena: EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 3 FEBRUARY 2015 - St Helena (Legal) - 03.02.2015
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 3 February 2015, and welcomed the Honourable Derek Thomas to the meeting, following his election to ExCo at the last formal Legislative Council meeting.
- 4: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 28 January 2015 - Falklands (Legal) - 29.01.2015
- When reading the minutes from the previous ExCo meeting, yet again, the ongoing difficulties in relation to FM radio coverage were noted and it was acknowledged that work is ongoing in this area.
- 5: DEBATE ON THE HON MR MIKE SUMMERS’ PORTFOLIO REPORT - Falklands (Legal) - 29.01.2015
- Mr Speaker I would just like to thank the Honourable Mike Summers for that very full report – a very interesting report, too. I would just like to go back in the works to the Fire Brigade Buildings. I am more than happy to follow that through for you and see where the problems are.
- 6: St Helena: 2015 BYE-ELECTION – LAST CHANCE TO GET YOUR NAME ON THE REGISTER OF ELECTORS - St Helena (Legal) - 22.01.2015
- Persons wishing to take part in the Bye-election and whose names are not yet on the Register of Electors....
- 7: St Helena PROCLAMATION ISSUED FOR BYE-ELECTION - St Helena (Legal) - 20.01.2015
- In a Proclamation issued today, 20 January 2015, Governor Mark Capes has announced that a Bye-election to fill the vacant seat on Legislative Council (following the recent resignation of Ian Rummery on 8 January) will take place on Wednesday 4 March 2015.
- 8: St Helena FORMAL LEGCO MEETING – FRIDAY 23 JANUARY - St Helena (Legal) - 19.01.2015
- A formal meeting of Legislative Council will take place on Friday, 23 January 2015 at 10am in the Court House, Jamestown.
- 9: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 17 December 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 19.12.2014
- When reading the minutes from the previous ExCo meeting, it was noted that, with regard to the FM radio service, a transmitter had been installed at Port Howard and it was working well.
- 10: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY THE HON MR GAVIN SHORT 18.12.14 - Falklands (Legal) - 18.12.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the Motion J have a couple of brief points.
- 11: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY THE HON MR MICHAEL POOLE MLA 12/18/14 - Falklands (Legal) - 18.12.2014
- Thank you Mr Speaker. Honourable members, obviously I would like to join my Colleagues in offering condolences to those that experienced loss in recent weeks.
- 12: ST HELENA SUPREME COURT CONCLUDES - St Helena (Legal) - 10.12.2014
- At the conclusion of the current sitting of the St Helena Supreme Court on Monday (8 December 2014), St Helena Government and the St Helena Police Service welcomed the sentences handed down by the Chief Justice, and hope this sends a clear message to the community.
- 13: RECRUITMENT ONGOING FOR JUSTICES OF THE PEACE - Falklands (Legal) - 01.12.2014
- Recruitment is underway to encourage more members of the community to serve as Justices of the Peace with the Courts and Tribunals Service. Justices of the Peace provide an essential public service within the community, hearing a range of criminal and non-criminal cases in the Summary Court.
- 14: NEW SAFEGUARDING DIRECTORATE TO LAUNCH & CBU RENAMED - St Helena (Legal) - 28.11.2014
- As previously announced, a new Safeguarding Directorate will be created in SHG from Monday 1 December 2014, the purpose of which is to - Protect and Safeguard Vulnerable Children, Young People and Adults at Risk or Suffering From Abuse.
- 15: ATTORNEY GENERAL SWORN IN - St Helena (Legal) - 26.11.2014
- On 26 November 2014, Nicola Moore was sworn in as Attorney General for St Helena, taking the required Oaths necessary to serve on Executive and Legislative Councils, in the presence of Acting Governor Sean Burns.
- 16: EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 25 NOVEMBER - St Helena (Legal) - 25.11.2014
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 25 November 2014, to consider three items on the open agenda.
- 17: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 12 November 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 12.11.2014
- First paper we discussed was setting Fishing Access Fees for 2015. John Barton, Director of Natural Resources attended and MLA Rendell excused herself for this discussion.
- 18: SOCIETY OF EDITORS’ LECTURE GIVEN BY SIR ALAN MOSES - Falklands (Legal) - 09.11.2014
- Since it is Sunday you are, no doubt, expecting a sermon. Something from me stern and formidable, delivered from on high, in tales of rebuke, threatening all with hell-fire, damnation and warning you that you are all going to burn.
- 19: New Senior Magistrate and Coroner for the Falklands Appointed - Falklands (Legal) - 07.10.2014
- Mrs Clare Faulds, no stranger to the Falklands, has been selected for the role of Senior Magistrate and Coroner to the Falkland Islands and South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands.
- 20: St Helena - EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 23 SEPTEMBER 2014 - St Helena (Legal) - 23.09.2014
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 23 September, for a special meeting to consider the development of a hotel in Jamestown.
- 21: PUBLIC PROCESS FOR CRIMINAL PROCEDURE & EVIDENCE BILL AND THE CRIMES BILL - Falklands (Legal) - 15.08.2014
- The next stage of development for the Criminal Procedure and Evidence Bill and the Crimes Bill began with the Bills being placed in the Gazette on the 15th August 2014.
- 22: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Gavin Short - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2010
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the motion for Adjournment I would just like to start off by joining other Members in welcoming the new Governor Mr Haywood and his wife to our Islands.
- 23: SHOULD CHRISTIAN VALUES BE CHOPPED FROM ST HELENA’S CONSTITUTION? - Tristan (Legal) - 21.10.2009
- A recent debate in the Foreign Affairs Committee about the Constitutions of British Overseas Territories has sparked interest in territories in the South Atlantic.