|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (19) - Archived (699) - All (718)
- 1: SOCIETY OF EDITORS’ LECTURE GIVEN BY SIR ALAN MOSES - Falklands (Legal) - 09.11.2014
- Since it is Sunday you are, no doubt, expecting a sermon. Something from me stern and formidable, delivered from on high, in tales of rebuke, threatening all with hell-fire, damnation and warning you that you are all going to burn.
- 2: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY 30 OCTOBER 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 31.10.2014
- Note: The views expressed by MLAs in the following report and transcript are not necessarily those of the Falkland Islands News Network. To get in touch with Falklands’ MLAs please e-mail: email@example.com
- 3: Falklands: Executive Council held on Wednesday 29 October 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 31.10.2014
- At the previous meeting, members were briefed on FIG’s actions regarding the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.
- 4: St Helena: EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 28 OCTOBER 2014 - St Helena (Legal) - 28.10.2014
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 28 October 2014, to discuss five items on the Open Agenda.
- 5: NEW ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR ST HELENA - St Helena (Legal) - 21.10.2014
- Following a rigorous recruitment process, Ms Nicola Moore has been selected to serve as St Helena’s new Attorney General. She will take up her appointment in late November 2014.
- 6: Falklands: Executive Council Wednesday 15 October 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 16.10.2014
- Members considered two papers on FIPASS. The first sets out the programme of capital works required on FIPASS which will be the subject of a series of requests for tender from the private sector.
- 7: St Helena: EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 14 OCTOBER 2014 - St Helena (Legal) - 14.10.2014
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 14 October 2014, to discuss two items on the Open Agenda.
- 8: St Helena: EXCO MEETING – Tuesday 14 October 2014 - St Helena (Legal) - 13.10.2014
- Open to the Public from 9.30 am
Executive Council will meet tomorrow morning, Tuesday 14 October 2014, in the Council Chamber.
- 9: New Senior Magistrate and Coroner for the Falklands Appointed - Falklands (Legal) - 07.10.2014
- Mrs Clare Faulds, no stranger to the Falklands, has been selected for the role of Senior Magistrate and Coroner to the Falkland Islands and South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands.
- 10: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY DR THE HON BARRY ELSBY (25/9) - Falklands (Legal) - 25.09.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, I will keep my comments brief but I would also like to associate myself with the comments made by the Honourable Mike Summers in relation to the recent Scottish referendum.
- 11: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY THE HON MR MICHAEL POOLE (25/9) - Falklands (Legal) - 25.09.2014
- Thank you Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, sadly the only time I will speak today is a series of apologies. It has become a bit of a habit but I will try and break that later in the year.
- 12: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY THE HON MRS PHYL RENDELL (25/9) - Falklands (Legal) - 25.09.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the Motion I want to begin with talking about the extreme weather conditions that we have experienced recently.
- 13: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY THE HON MR ROGER EDWARDS, MLA (25/9) - Falklands (Legal) - 25.09.2014
- MR Speaker, Honourable Colleagues, once again my Honourable Colleague, Phyl Rendell has been looking over my shoulder and looking at my few notes.
- 14: Motion for Adjournment speech by The Honourable Mr Mike Summers, MLA (25/9) - Falklands (Legal) - 25.09.2014
- Mr Deputy Speaker, Honourable Members, I would like to associate myself with the thanks to all those people who have served the Falklands and are leaving.
- 15: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY THURSDAY, 25 SEPTEMBER 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 25.09.2014
- A meeting of Legislative Assembly took place at 0900hrs on Thursday, 25 September 2014 in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the Town Hall.
- 16: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 24 September 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 24.09.2014
- The first paper was a Supplementary Appropriation Bill. This Bill covers supplementary expenditure amounting to £3,781,430 approved by standing finance committee on 25th June and 27th August.
- 17: St Helena - EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 23 SEPTEMBER 2014 - St Helena (Legal) - 23.09.2014
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 23 September, for a special meeting to consider the development of a hotel in Jamestown.
- 18: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Gavin Short - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2010
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the motion for Adjournment I would just like to start off by joining other Members in welcoming the new Governor Mr Haywood and his wife to our Islands.
- 19: SHOULD CHRISTIAN VALUES BE CHOPPED FROM ST HELENA’S CONSTITUTION? - Tristan (Legal) - 21.10.2009
- A recent debate in the Foreign Affairs Committee about the Constitutions of British Overseas Territories has sparked interest in territories in the South Atlantic.