|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (29) - Archived (753) - All (782)
- 1: POLICE REPORT GRAFFITI DAMAGE AT PUMP GREEN AND FITZROY ROAD PROPERTIES - Falklands (Legal) - 29.09.2015
- The Royal Falkland Islands Police report that sometime during the early evening on Saturday 26th September 2015, the penguin mural, a street lamp and other features were daubed with graffiti in PUMP GREEN.
- 2: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 23 September 2015 - Falklands (Legal) - 26.09.2015
- Under matters arising from the previous minutes CBF noted that the FIG Director of Central Services has now received an indication of the likely airbridge flight schedule over Christmas and January.
- 3: St Helena: ACTING ATTORNEY GENERAL SWORN IN (24/9) - St Helena (Legal) - 24.09.2015
- Walter Scott has been appointed by Governor Capes as Acting Attorney General while the substantive Attorney General, Nicola Moore, is away from the Island on overseas business.
- 4: AVIATION LEGISLATION ON ST HELENA - St Helena (Legal) - 11.09.2015
- Earlier this year, the Aviation Ordinance came into effect on St Helena.
- 5: DAMAGE TO MOTOR VEHICLE IN CROZIER PLACE - Falklands (Legal) - 08.09.2015
- Between 1130hrs and 1245hrs on Tuesday 8th September 2015, a silver van belonging to the Falkland Islands Company (FIC) was parked outside the FIC WAREHOUSE in CROZIER PLACE, when it sustained damage to the driver door window.
- 6: St Helena: EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 8 SEPTEMBER 2015 - St Helena (Legal) - 08.09.2015
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 8 September 2015, with two items on the Open Agenda.
- 7: St Helena: ROADSIDE SAFETY MIRRORS - St Helena (Legal) - 07.09.2015
- The Environmental & Natural Resources Directorate is currently trialling roadside safety mirrors in three locations on the Island:
- 8: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY 27 AUGUST 2015 - Falklands (Legal) - 27.08.2015
- A meeting of Legislative Assembly took place at 0900hrs on Thursday, 27 August 2015.
- 9: Motion No 8/2015 by the Hon Mr Ian Hansen: - Falklands (Legal) - 27.08.2015
- That this House accepts the response from the Governor in Council to the Public Accounts Committee report on the Internal Audit Report on Business Continuity Planning.
- 10: Taxes (Oil and Gas) Bill 2015: - Falklands (Legal) - 27.08.2015
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, as you will be aware this Bill is the result of a two-stage policy review over the last few years to insure that the fiscal regime of the Falkland Islands relating to hydrocarbons is clear, transparent and free of ambiguities.
- 11: Report on Executive Council held on Wednesday 26th August 2015 - Falklands (Legal) - 26.08.2015
- Under matters arising from the previous minutes the recent airport closures were raised with the Commander British Forces and he asked for the questions MLAs had on the matter, to be sent to him by email for a response. This is currently being carried out by the MLA Chair.
- 12: St Helena: DETECTIVE CONSTABLE ARRIVES TO CARRY OUT CASE REVIEWS - St Helena (Legal) - 24.08.2015
- Mark Harrington arrived on Island on 16 August 2015 to undertake his role as the first Detective Constable specialising in Historic Case Reviews for St Helena Police Service.
- 13: MAN CHARGED WITH HISTORICAL SEXUAL OFFENCES - St Helena (Legal) - 24.08.2015
- “On Monday 24 August 2015, a 55 year old man from Jamestown was charged with a significant number of historical sexual offences relating to offending from the late 1980’s through to the mid 1990’s. The allegations relate to offences committed on St Helena.
- 14: COURTS AND TRIBUNALS GO LIVE IN THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Legal) - 15.08.2015
- The Courts and Tribunals Services of the Falkland Islands have gone live.
- 15: St Helena: DRAFT LAND & BUILDINGS DISPOSAL POLICY - St Helena (Legal) - 07.08.2015
- The Environment & Natural Resources Committee advises that the consultation period for the draft Land & Buildings Disposal Policy will be extended until Friday 14 August 2015 to allow interested members of the public further time to participate in the consultation process.
- 16: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY 23 APRIL 2015 - Falklands (Legal) - 23.04.2015
- Part 1: Prayers, Confirmation, Oath of Allegiance and Motions
- 17: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 17 December 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 19.12.2014
- When reading the minutes from the previous ExCo meeting, it was noted that, with regard to the FM radio service, a transmitter had been installed at Port Howard and it was working well.
- 18: ST HELENA SUPREME COURT CONCLUDES - St Helena (Legal) - 10.12.2014
- At the conclusion of the current sitting of the St Helena Supreme Court on Monday (8 December 2014), St Helena Government and the St Helena Police Service welcomed the sentences handed down by the Chief Justice, and hope this sends a clear message to the community.
- 19: RECRUITMENT ONGOING FOR JUSTICES OF THE PEACE - Falklands (Legal) - 01.12.2014
- Recruitment is underway to encourage more members of the community to serve as Justices of the Peace with the Courts and Tribunals Service. Justices of the Peace provide an essential public service within the community, hearing a range of criminal and non-criminal cases in the Summary Court.
- 20: NEW SAFEGUARDING DIRECTORATE TO LAUNCH & CBU RENAMED - St Helena (Legal) - 28.11.2014
- As previously announced, a new Safeguarding Directorate will be created in SHG from Monday 1 December 2014, the purpose of which is to - Protect and Safeguard Vulnerable Children, Young People and Adults at Risk or Suffering From Abuse.
- 21: ATTORNEY GENERAL SWORN IN - St Helena (Legal) - 26.11.2014
- On 26 November 2014, Nicola Moore was sworn in as Attorney General for St Helena, taking the required Oaths necessary to serve on Executive and Legislative Councils, in the presence of Acting Governor Sean Burns.
- 22: EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 25 NOVEMBER - St Helena (Legal) - 25.11.2014
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 25 November 2014, to consider three items on the open agenda.
- 23: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 12 November 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 12.11.2014
- First paper we discussed was setting Fishing Access Fees for 2015. John Barton, Director of Natural Resources attended and MLA Rendell excused herself for this discussion.
- 24: SOCIETY OF EDITORS’ LECTURE GIVEN BY SIR ALAN MOSES - Falklands (Legal) - 09.11.2014
- Since it is Sunday you are, no doubt, expecting a sermon. Something from me stern and formidable, delivered from on high, in tales of rebuke, threatening all with hell-fire, damnation and warning you that you are all going to burn.
- 25: New Senior Magistrate and Coroner for the Falklands Appointed - Falklands (Legal) - 07.10.2014
- Mrs Clare Faulds, no stranger to the Falklands, has been selected for the role of Senior Magistrate and Coroner to the Falkland Islands and South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands.
- 26: St Helena - EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 23 SEPTEMBER 2014 - St Helena (Legal) - 23.09.2014
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 23 September, for a special meeting to consider the development of a hotel in Jamestown.
- 27: PUBLIC PROCESS FOR CRIMINAL PROCEDURE & EVIDENCE BILL AND THE CRIMES BILL - Falklands (Legal) - 15.08.2014
- The next stage of development for the Criminal Procedure and Evidence Bill and the Crimes Bill began with the Bills being placed in the Gazette on the 15th August 2014.
- 28: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Gavin Short - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2010
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the motion for Adjournment I would just like to start off by joining other Members in welcoming the new Governor Mr Haywood and his wife to our Islands.
- 29: SHOULD CHRISTIAN VALUES BE CHOPPED FROM ST HELENA’S CONSTITUTION? - Tristan (Legal) - 21.10.2009
- A recent debate in the Foreign Affairs Committee about the Constitutions of British Overseas Territories has sparked interest in territories in the South Atlantic.