|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (27) - Archived (732) - All (759)
- 1: Re R. SUPREME COURT JUDGMENT PUBLISHED - St Helena (Legal) - 24.04.2015
- Chief Justice Charles Ekins has today in Open Court given permission for the Judgment in the case of Re R. to be published. The Judgment can be found on the SHG website at:
- 2: St Helena: AMENDMENTS TO REGISTER OF ELECTORS - St Helena (Legal) - 23.04.2015
- An SHG Extraordinary Gazette Notice has this afternoon been issued seeking to amend the Register of Electors by adding names of persons who wish to be registered and removing the names of persons who are no longer resident on St Helena.
- 3: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY 23 APRIL 2015 - Falklands (Legal) - 23.04.2015
- Part 1: Prayers, Confirmation, Oath of Allegiance and Motions
- 4: : Portfolio Report of the Hon Mr Michael Poole and Debate - Falklands (Legal) - 23.04.2015
- Correction: Towards the end of MS Motion debate I transcribed that he did not say much during the meeting. Indeed it was the person from Canada he was speaking to that didn’t say much.
- 5: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mrs Jan Cheek (23/04/15): - Falklands (Legal) - 23.04.2015
- But as I am sure others will. I would like to take this opportunity to welcome the new Commander British Forces and hope that you and your family enjoy your time here and also to say how nice it is to see a number of very exclusive club of left handers at this table.
- 6: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Ian Hansen (23/04/15): - Falklands (Legal) - 23.04.2015
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to Support the Motion for Adjournment I, too, will be brief.
- 7: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Michael Poole (23/04/15): - Falklands (Legal) - 23.04.2015
- Thank you Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, I join my Honourable Colleagues in Welcoming Commodore Bone to the House and also the FIG Representative, Sukey Cameron to the Chamber as well.
- 8: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Roger Edwards (23/04/15): - Falklands (Legal) - 23.04.2015
- Thank you Mr Speaker, Honourable Colleagues, I, too, would like to welcome Commander British Forces Commodore Darren Bone and his wife, Jessica to the Islands.
- 9: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Gavin Short (23/04/15): - Falklands (Legal) - 23.04.2015
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, in rising to support the Motion for Adjournment I would just like to fully associate myself with the welcome to both our London Representative, Sukey – good to see you in the Islands and also of course the new Commander of British Forces.
- 10: THE PORTFOLIO REPORT OF THE HON MRS PHYL RENDELL, MLA and Debate - Falklands (Legal) - 23.04.2015
- Thank you Mr Speaker. My portfolio report is Natural Resources so I am going to be briefing you on activity in the Fisheries Department and in Agriculture.
- 11: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mrs Phyl Rendell (23/04/15): - Falklands (Legal) - 23.04.2015
- Thank you Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, I will be brief as I did a portfolio report at this meeting. I would just like to welcome Commander Bone to this House and back to the Falkland Islands.
- 12: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Mike Summers (23 - Falklands (Legal) - 23.04.2015
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, I, too, would like to welcome Darren and Jessica to the Falklands and I feel sure they will have as nice a time here as your predecessors have had but also do some very good work in representing the whole of the Defence community of the Falklands to the Falklands Government. Thank you for your time here and welcome back.
- 13: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY THE DR THE HON BARRY ELSBY (23/04/15) - Falklands (Legal) - 23.04.2015
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, I, too, will be brief and really to just touch on the point my Honourable Colleague raised about Mr Filmus.
- 14: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY THE COMMANDER BRITISH FORCES (23/04/15) - Falklands (Legal) - 23.04.2015
- Mr Speaker, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the warmth of your greeting and for that of all the Islanders who I have had the privilege to meet thus far, not least Tuesday’s Parade form-up – which is the Queen’s Birthday, which was indeed a marvellous occasion.
- 15: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 17 December 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 19.12.2014
- When reading the minutes from the previous ExCo meeting, it was noted that, with regard to the FM radio service, a transmitter had been installed at Port Howard and it was working well.
- 16: ST HELENA SUPREME COURT CONCLUDES - St Helena (Legal) - 10.12.2014
- At the conclusion of the current sitting of the St Helena Supreme Court on Monday (8 December 2014), St Helena Government and the St Helena Police Service welcomed the sentences handed down by the Chief Justice, and hope this sends a clear message to the community.
- 17: RECRUITMENT ONGOING FOR JUSTICES OF THE PEACE - Falklands (Legal) - 01.12.2014
- Recruitment is underway to encourage more members of the community to serve as Justices of the Peace with the Courts and Tribunals Service. Justices of the Peace provide an essential public service within the community, hearing a range of criminal and non-criminal cases in the Summary Court.
- 18: NEW SAFEGUARDING DIRECTORATE TO LAUNCH & CBU RENAMED - St Helena (Legal) - 28.11.2014
- As previously announced, a new Safeguarding Directorate will be created in SHG from Monday 1 December 2014, the purpose of which is to - Protect and Safeguard Vulnerable Children, Young People and Adults at Risk or Suffering From Abuse.
- 19: ATTORNEY GENERAL SWORN IN - St Helena (Legal) - 26.11.2014
- On 26 November 2014, Nicola Moore was sworn in as Attorney General for St Helena, taking the required Oaths necessary to serve on Executive and Legislative Councils, in the presence of Acting Governor Sean Burns.
- 20: EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 25 NOVEMBER - St Helena (Legal) - 25.11.2014
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 25 November 2014, to consider three items on the open agenda.
- 21: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 12 November 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 12.11.2014
- First paper we discussed was setting Fishing Access Fees for 2015. John Barton, Director of Natural Resources attended and MLA Rendell excused herself for this discussion.
- 22: SOCIETY OF EDITORS’ LECTURE GIVEN BY SIR ALAN MOSES - Falklands (Legal) - 09.11.2014
- Since it is Sunday you are, no doubt, expecting a sermon. Something from me stern and formidable, delivered from on high, in tales of rebuke, threatening all with hell-fire, damnation and warning you that you are all going to burn.
- 23: New Senior Magistrate and Coroner for the Falklands Appointed - Falklands (Legal) - 07.10.2014
- Mrs Clare Faulds, no stranger to the Falklands, has been selected for the role of Senior Magistrate and Coroner to the Falkland Islands and South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands.
- 24: St Helena - EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 23 SEPTEMBER 2014 - St Helena (Legal) - 23.09.2014
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 23 September, for a special meeting to consider the development of a hotel in Jamestown.
- 25: PUBLIC PROCESS FOR CRIMINAL PROCEDURE & EVIDENCE BILL AND THE CRIMES BILL - Falklands (Legal) - 15.08.2014
- The next stage of development for the Criminal Procedure and Evidence Bill and the Crimes Bill began with the Bills being placed in the Gazette on the 15th August 2014.
- 26: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Gavin Short - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2010
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the motion for Adjournment I would just like to start off by joining other Members in welcoming the new Governor Mr Haywood and his wife to our Islands.
- 27: SHOULD CHRISTIAN VALUES BE CHOPPED FROM ST HELENA’S CONSTITUTION? - Tristan (Legal) - 21.10.2009
- A recent debate in the Foreign Affairs Committee about the Constitutions of British Overseas Territories has sparked interest in territories in the South Atlantic.