|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (39) - Archived (781) - All (820)
- 1: SHG PUBLISHES ACTION PLAN ON WASS REPORT RECOMMENDATIONS - St Helena (Legal) - 22.01.2016
- On 10 December last year St Helena Government welcomed publication of the Wass Inquiry Report, accepted the report’s recommendations and committed to quickly implement them.
- 2: St Helena: NEW ACTING CHIEF OF POLICE - St Helena (Legal) - 15.01.2016
- Acting Chief of Police Pam Trevillion will leave St Helena at the end of her contract on Monday 18 January 2016.
- 3: SHG ACTS ON WASS REPORT RECOMMENDATIONS - St Helena (Legal) - 12.01.2016
- On 10 December last year St Helena Government welcomed publication of the Wass Inquiry Report and accepted the report’s recommendations. The Inquiry received SHG’s full support and cooperation and this commitment equally applies to implementation of the report’s recommendations, many of which are already well in hand.
- 4: St Helena: EXCO REPORT - TUESDAY 12 JANUARY 2016 - St Helena (Legal) - 12.01.2016
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 12 January, to discuss two items on the open agenda.
- 5: St Helena: LAUNCH OF SAFEGUARDING DRINK-DRIVE POSTER - St Helena (Legal) - 08.01.2016
- The St Helena Safeguarding Children Board has today launched a Drink-Drive poster to highlight the fact that ‘alcohol creates a new reality’ - an issue that becomes even more dangerous when those under the influence choose to get behind the wheel of a car and drive.
- 6: St Helena: RENEWING FIREARMS CERTIFICATES - St Helena (Legal) - 08.01.2016
- The Police service would like to remind the public that the onus of responsibility for renewal of firearms certificates rests with the owner or user.
- 7: St Helena: UPDATE ON CUSTOMS DATA SYSTEM - St Helena (Legal) - 08.01.2016
- IT Section Manager, Jeremy Roberts and IT Development & Support Officer, Nicole Richards (pictured), left St Helena in September 2015 for Kingston, Jamaica - to embark on the advanced training course for the Automated System for Customs Data (ASYCUDA World).
- 8: St Helena: WOMAN CAUTIONED BY POLICE - St Helena (Legal) - 05.01.2016
- A 23 year old female from Half Tree Hollow
- 9: St Helena: WASS INQUIRY REPORT: SUPPORT SERVICES AVAILABLE - St Helena (Legal) - 10.12.2015
- The Wass Inquiry Report into Allegations Surrounding Child Safeguarding Issues on St Helena and Ascension Island was today published by the UK Government.
- 10: St Helena: WASS INQUIRY REPORT PUBLISHED - St Helena (Legal) - 10.12.2015
- St Helena Government (SHG) today welcomes publication of the Wass Inquiry Report into Allegations Surrounding Child Safeguarding Issues on St Helena and Ascension Island
- 11: St Helena: NEW ADDITIONS TO SAFEGUARDING TEAM - St Helena (Legal) - 08.12.2015
- The Safeguarding Directorate recently welcomed two new local staff members to its team - Social Care Officers Anna Crowie and Patra Duncan
- 12: St Helena: NEW PROBATION OFFICER FOR PRISON SERVICE - St Helena (Legal) - 04.12.2015
- Damian Small arrived on St Helena at the end of October 2015 to undertake his role as a Probation Officer working at HM Prison, Jamestown.
- 13: St Helena: SAFEGUARDING CHILDREN BOARD FUNDS DENTAL EQUIPMENT - St Helena (Legal) - 04.12.2015
- The St Helena Safeguarding Children Board recently allocated funding for the Dental Clinic to procure a Fluid Air Abrasion unit.
- 14: St Helena: EXCO REPORT - TUESDAY 1 DECEMBER 2015 - St Helena (Legal) - 01.12.2015
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 1 December 2015, with two items on the Open Agenda.
- 15: SAFEGUARDING DIRECTORATE DEVELOPMENTS - St Helena (Legal) - 01.12.2015
- As announced on 23 October 2015, the Director of Safeguarding, Greg Hall, will depart St Helena in December this year in order to take up another role in Australia.
- 16: POLICE PLEASED WITH RESPONSE TO PARKING CAMPAIGN - St Helena (Legal) - 01.12.2015
- Over the last three weeks a Public Awareness Campaign on parking has been run by the St Helena Police Service.
- 17: St Helena: SUPREME COURT IN SESSION - St Helena (Legal) - 23.11.2015
- The formal opening of the St Helena Supreme Court took place today, Monday 23 November, at 10am. Civil and Criminal cases will be heard by the Supreme Court until Thursday 17 December 2015.
- 18: St Helena: DETECTIVE CONSTABLE ARRIVES TO JOIN CID - St Helena (Legal) - 17.11.2015
- Phillip Xavier arrived on Island on 7 November 2015 to undertake his role as a Detective Constable specialising in assault cases for St Helena’s Police Service.
- 19: EXCO REPORT - TUESDAY 3 NOVEMBER 2015 - St Helena (Legal) - 03.11.2015
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 3 November 2015, to consider three Items on the Open Agenda.
- 20: POLICE INVESTIGATION INTO SERIOUS ASSAULT UPDATE - St Helena (Legal) - 30.10.2015
During April 2015 the Police Service alerted the community to a report of a serious offence having been committed near the Jamestown Museum (see original message from Chief of Police on 2 April below).
- 21: THE PORTFOLIO REPORT OF DR THE HON BARRY ELSBY, MLA (29/10/15) - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2015
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, my main portfolio responsibilities are Education and I am going to concentrate on that today.
- 22: St Helena: EXCO REPORT - THURSDAY 29 OCTOBER 2015 - St Helena (Legal) - 29.10.2015
- Executive Council met today, Thursday 29 October 2015, with five items on the Open Agenda.
- 23: Attorneys General Conference in Anguilla - Falklands (Legal) - 07.10.2015
- The Falkland Islands Government are extremely pleased to have been able to promote closer co-operation and information exchange on child protection and safeguarding issues with other British Overseas Territories .....
- 24: Family Law Consultation - Falklands (Legal) - 07.10.2015
- Falkland Islands Government has launched a survey on family law to consult on topics like special guardianship and adoption, including reference to same-sex relationships and civil partnership, as well as issues of domestic violence, divorce and safe recruitment.
- 25: St Helena: EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 6 OCTOBER 2015 - St Helena (Legal) - 06.10.2015
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 6 October 2015, with three items on the Open Agenda.
- 26: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY 23 APRIL 2015 - Falklands (Legal) - 23.04.2015
- Part 1: Prayers, Confirmation, Oath of Allegiance and Motions
- 27: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 17 December 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 19.12.2014
- When reading the minutes from the previous ExCo meeting, it was noted that, with regard to the FM radio service, a transmitter had been installed at Port Howard and it was working well.
- 28: ST HELENA SUPREME COURT CONCLUDES - St Helena (Legal) - 10.12.2014
- At the conclusion of the current sitting of the St Helena Supreme Court on Monday (8 December 2014), St Helena Government and the St Helena Police Service welcomed the sentences handed down by the Chief Justice, and hope this sends a clear message to the community.
- 29: RECRUITMENT ONGOING FOR JUSTICES OF THE PEACE - Falklands (Legal) - 01.12.2014
- Recruitment is underway to encourage more members of the community to serve as Justices of the Peace with the Courts and Tribunals Service. Justices of the Peace provide an essential public service within the community, hearing a range of criminal and non-criminal cases in the Summary Court.
- 30: NEW SAFEGUARDING DIRECTORATE TO LAUNCH & CBU RENAMED - St Helena (Legal) - 28.11.2014
- As previously announced, a new Safeguarding Directorate will be created in SHG from Monday 1 December 2014, the purpose of which is to - Protect and Safeguard Vulnerable Children, Young People and Adults at Risk or Suffering From Abuse.
- 31: ATTORNEY GENERAL SWORN IN - St Helena (Legal) - 26.11.2014
- On 26 November 2014, Nicola Moore was sworn in as Attorney General for St Helena, taking the required Oaths necessary to serve on Executive and Legislative Councils, in the presence of Acting Governor Sean Burns.
- 32: EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 25 NOVEMBER - St Helena (Legal) - 25.11.2014
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 25 November 2014, to consider three items on the open agenda.
- 33: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 12 November 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 12.11.2014
- First paper we discussed was setting Fishing Access Fees for 2015. John Barton, Director of Natural Resources attended and MLA Rendell excused herself for this discussion.
- 34: SOCIETY OF EDITORS’ LECTURE GIVEN BY SIR ALAN MOSES - Falklands (Legal) - 09.11.2014
- Since it is Sunday you are, no doubt, expecting a sermon. Something from me stern and formidable, delivered from on high, in tales of rebuke, threatening all with hell-fire, damnation and warning you that you are all going to burn.
- 35: New Senior Magistrate and Coroner for the Falklands Appointed - Falklands (Legal) - 07.10.2014
- Mrs Clare Faulds, no stranger to the Falklands, has been selected for the role of Senior Magistrate and Coroner to the Falkland Islands and South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands.
- 36: St Helena - EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 23 SEPTEMBER 2014 - St Helena (Legal) - 23.09.2014
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 23 September, for a special meeting to consider the development of a hotel in Jamestown.
- 37: PUBLIC PROCESS FOR CRIMINAL PROCEDURE & EVIDENCE BILL AND THE CRIMES BILL - Falklands (Legal) - 15.08.2014
- The next stage of development for the Criminal Procedure and Evidence Bill and the Crimes Bill began with the Bills being placed in the Gazette on the 15th August 2014.
- 38: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Gavin Short - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2010
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the motion for Adjournment I would just like to start off by joining other Members in welcoming the new Governor Mr Haywood and his wife to our Islands.
- 39: SHOULD CHRISTIAN VALUES BE CHOPPED FROM ST HELENA’S CONSTITUTION? - Tristan (Legal) - 21.10.2009
- A recent debate in the Foreign Affairs Committee about the Constitutions of British Overseas Territories has sparked interest in territories in the South Atlantic.