|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (27) - Archived (768) - All (795)
- 1: THE PORTFOLIO REPORT OF DR THE HON BARRY ELSBY, MLA (29/10/15) - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2015
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, my main portfolio responsibilities are Education and I am going to concentrate on that today.
- 2: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY MEETING 29 OCTOBER 2015 - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2015
- A meeting of Legislative Assembly took place at the Function Room in the Chamber of Commerce Building at 0900hrs on Thursday, 29 October 2015. Present were MLAs Cheek (JC), Edwards (RE), Elsby (BE), Hansen (IH), Poole (MP), Rendell (PR) and Short (GS). Also attending were the Speaker the Hon Mr Keith Biles (KB), the Clerk of Assembly, Mrs Claudette Anderson-Prior (CAP), Commodore Darren Bone, RN CBSAI (DB), the Chief Executive, the Hon Mr Keith Padgett (KP), The Acting Financial Secretary, (AFS) the Attorney General, Mr Peter Judge (PJ).
- 3: QUESTIONS FOR ORAL ANSWER (29/10/15) - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2015
- Thank you Mr Speaker. Would the Honourable Ian Hansen update this House on any improvements made in recent months to the FM Radio Network that has enabled Camp Residents to listen to the radio in their homes and near-by buildings?
- 4: Motion No 9/2015 by the Hon Mr Ian Hansen: - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2015
- First of all, on the Payroll system, the Public Accounts Committee would like to acknowledge there clearly have been some improvements since the previous audit and that the level of accuracy given the time allotted was very high.
- 5: THE PORTFOLIO REPORT OF THE HON MR ISN HANSEN (29/10/15) - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2015
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, I will briefly run through the Central Services Portfolio for October.
- 6: The Supplementary Appropriation 2015/2016 Bill 2015 - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2015
- The Bill required a first reading and the Acting Financial Secretary (AFS) put the motion forward.
- 7: Law Revision Paving Bill 2015 (29/10/15) - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2015
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, the purpose of the Bill – the Islands Plan 2014-2018 states that the Falkland Islands Government will produce and maintain an authoritative statement of Falkland Islands’ legislation that will be freely and publically accessible. Executive Council recently considered detailed proposals for the revised laws project which is intended to give effect to this Islands’ Plan objective.
- 8: The Fisheries Conservation and Management (Amendment) Bill 2015 (29/10/15): - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2015
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, this Bill amends the Fisheries Conservation and Management Ordinance No 14/2005 and the Fishing nets and Supplementary Net Equipment Order, the Interim Fishing Regulations and the Fishing Regulator’s Order.
- 9: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mrs Phyl Rendell, MBE, MLA (29/10/15) - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2015
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, in rising to support the Motion I would just like to touch on a couple of matters pertinent to Camp residents and to talk about links with other Overseas Territories.
- 10: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Michael Poole, MLA (29/10/15 - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2015
- Thank you Mr Speaker, Honourable members, I would like to begin by welcoming James Marsh to the House this morning and he is the relatively newly appointed Deputy Representative (FIGO) which has been mentioned a number of times.
- 11: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mrs Jan Cheek, MLA (29/10/15) - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2015
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, I am happy to follow the Honourable Michael Poole and remember what it was like to be young and impatient.
- 12: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Ian Hansen, MLA (29/10/15) - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2015
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, I will be extremely brief because I am sure that not only my Colleagues but also the General Public will have heard enough of me today.
- 13: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Roger Edwards, MLA (29/10/15) - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2015
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Colleagues, my Honourable Friend Michael Poole says he is suffering mid-term blues but I put it down to the stress caused by the newly found driving skills while sneaking around Stanley in his Father’s truck.
- 14: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY 23 APRIL 2015 - Falklands (Legal) - 23.04.2015
- Part 1: Prayers, Confirmation, Oath of Allegiance and Motions
- 15: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 17 December 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 19.12.2014
- When reading the minutes from the previous ExCo meeting, it was noted that, with regard to the FM radio service, a transmitter had been installed at Port Howard and it was working well.
- 16: ST HELENA SUPREME COURT CONCLUDES - St Helena (Legal) - 10.12.2014
- At the conclusion of the current sitting of the St Helena Supreme Court on Monday (8 December 2014), St Helena Government and the St Helena Police Service welcomed the sentences handed down by the Chief Justice, and hope this sends a clear message to the community.
- 17: RECRUITMENT ONGOING FOR JUSTICES OF THE PEACE - Falklands (Legal) - 01.12.2014
- Recruitment is underway to encourage more members of the community to serve as Justices of the Peace with the Courts and Tribunals Service. Justices of the Peace provide an essential public service within the community, hearing a range of criminal and non-criminal cases in the Summary Court.
- 18: NEW SAFEGUARDING DIRECTORATE TO LAUNCH & CBU RENAMED - St Helena (Legal) - 28.11.2014
- As previously announced, a new Safeguarding Directorate will be created in SHG from Monday 1 December 2014, the purpose of which is to - Protect and Safeguard Vulnerable Children, Young People and Adults at Risk or Suffering From Abuse.
- 19: ATTORNEY GENERAL SWORN IN - St Helena (Legal) - 26.11.2014
- On 26 November 2014, Nicola Moore was sworn in as Attorney General for St Helena, taking the required Oaths necessary to serve on Executive and Legislative Councils, in the presence of Acting Governor Sean Burns.
- 20: EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 25 NOVEMBER - St Helena (Legal) - 25.11.2014
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 25 November 2014, to consider three items on the open agenda.
- 21: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 12 November 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 12.11.2014
- First paper we discussed was setting Fishing Access Fees for 2015. John Barton, Director of Natural Resources attended and MLA Rendell excused herself for this discussion.
- 22: SOCIETY OF EDITORS’ LECTURE GIVEN BY SIR ALAN MOSES - Falklands (Legal) - 09.11.2014
- Since it is Sunday you are, no doubt, expecting a sermon. Something from me stern and formidable, delivered from on high, in tales of rebuke, threatening all with hell-fire, damnation and warning you that you are all going to burn.
- 23: New Senior Magistrate and Coroner for the Falklands Appointed - Falklands (Legal) - 07.10.2014
- Mrs Clare Faulds, no stranger to the Falklands, has been selected for the role of Senior Magistrate and Coroner to the Falkland Islands and South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands.
- 24: St Helena - EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 23 SEPTEMBER 2014 - St Helena (Legal) - 23.09.2014
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 23 September, for a special meeting to consider the development of a hotel in Jamestown.
- 25: PUBLIC PROCESS FOR CRIMINAL PROCEDURE & EVIDENCE BILL AND THE CRIMES BILL - Falklands (Legal) - 15.08.2014
- The next stage of development for the Criminal Procedure and Evidence Bill and the Crimes Bill began with the Bills being placed in the Gazette on the 15th August 2014.
- 26: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Gavin Short - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2010
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the motion for Adjournment I would just like to start off by joining other Members in welcoming the new Governor Mr Haywood and his wife to our Islands.
- 27: SHOULD CHRISTIAN VALUES BE CHOPPED FROM ST HELENA’S CONSTITUTION? - Tristan (Legal) - 21.10.2009
- A recent debate in the Foreign Affairs Committee about the Constitutions of British Overseas Territories has sparked interest in territories in the South Atlantic.