|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Categories |
Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (21) - Archived (713) - All (734)
- 1: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 17 December 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 19.12.2014
- When reading the minutes from the previous ExCo meeting, it was noted that, with regard to the FM radio service, a transmitter had been installed at Port Howard and it was working well.
- 2: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY THE HON MR MIKE SUMMERS, OBE, MLA - Falklands (Legal) - 18.12.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, one of those odd features of our society is that nobody dies for long periods of time in the Falklands and then suddenly you get two or three at once.
- 3: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY THE HON MRS JAN CHEEK, MLA - Falklands (Legal) - 18.12.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, of course, we would all like to join in the condolences expressed by the Honourable mike Summers and also our thanks to all those who work over Christmas, whether it’s emergency service including volunteers or British Forces.
- 4: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY THE HON MRS PHYL RENDELL - Falklands (Legal) - 18.12.2014
- Honourable members, I just want to say a few words about the events around Battle Day and the 100th anniversary.
- 5: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY THE HON MR IAN HANSEN - Falklands (Legal) - 18.12.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, in rising to support the Motion for Adjournment I, too, would like to associate myself with the remarks made by the Honourable Mike Summers in his closing address.
- 6: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY THE HON MR ROGER EDWARDS, MLA - Falklands (Legal) - 18.12.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, I will be brief. I, too, would like to associate myself with the sympathy and condolences expressed by Mike Summers and Fellow Colleagues.
- 7: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY DR THE HON BARRY ELSBY MLA - Falklands (Legal) - 18.12.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, I will keep my comments short and I would like to associate myself with all the comments made about the loss of various people over the last few weeks.
- 8: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY 18 DECEMBER 2014 (Part 1: Questions for Oral Reply) - Falklands (Legal) - 18.12.2014
- A meeting of Legislative Assembly took place in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the Town Hall at 0900hrs on Thursday, 18 December 2014.
- 9: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY 18 DECEMBER 2014 (Part 2: Portfolio Reports) - Falklands (Legal) - 18.12.2014
- We continue with the tape and Question No 16.
- 10: ST HELENA SUPREME COURT CONCLUDES - St Helena (Legal) - 10.12.2014
- At the conclusion of the current sitting of the St Helena Supreme Court on Monday (8 December 2014), St Helena Government and the St Helena Police Service welcomed the sentences handed down by the Chief Justice, and hope this sends a clear message to the community.
- 11: RECRUITMENT ONGOING FOR JUSTICES OF THE PEACE - Falklands (Legal) - 01.12.2014
- Recruitment is underway to encourage more members of the community to serve as Justices of the Peace with the Courts and Tribunals Service. Justices of the Peace provide an essential public service within the community, hearing a range of criminal and non-criminal cases in the Summary Court.
- 12: NEW SAFEGUARDING DIRECTORATE TO LAUNCH & CBU RENAMED - St Helena (Legal) - 28.11.2014
- As previously announced, a new Safeguarding Directorate will be created in SHG from Monday 1 December 2014, the purpose of which is to - Protect and Safeguard Vulnerable Children, Young People and Adults at Risk or Suffering From Abuse.
- 13: ATTORNEY GENERAL SWORN IN - St Helena (Legal) - 26.11.2014
- On 26 November 2014, Nicola Moore was sworn in as Attorney General for St Helena, taking the required Oaths necessary to serve on Executive and Legislative Councils, in the presence of Acting Governor Sean Burns.
- 14: EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 25 NOVEMBER - St Helena (Legal) - 25.11.2014
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 25 November 2014, to consider three items on the open agenda.
- 15: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 12 November 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 12.11.2014
- First paper we discussed was setting Fishing Access Fees for 2015. John Barton, Director of Natural Resources attended and MLA Rendell excused herself for this discussion.
- 16: SOCIETY OF EDITORS’ LECTURE GIVEN BY SIR ALAN MOSES - Falklands (Legal) - 09.11.2014
- Since it is Sunday you are, no doubt, expecting a sermon. Something from me stern and formidable, delivered from on high, in tales of rebuke, threatening all with hell-fire, damnation and warning you that you are all going to burn.
- 17: New Senior Magistrate and Coroner for the Falklands Appointed - Falklands (Legal) - 07.10.2014
- Mrs Clare Faulds, no stranger to the Falklands, has been selected for the role of Senior Magistrate and Coroner to the Falkland Islands and South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands.
- 18: St Helena - EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 23 SEPTEMBER 2014 - St Helena (Legal) - 23.09.2014
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 23 September, for a special meeting to consider the development of a hotel in Jamestown.
- 19: PUBLIC PROCESS FOR CRIMINAL PROCEDURE & EVIDENCE BILL AND THE CRIMES BILL - Falklands (Legal) - 15.08.2014
- The next stage of development for the Criminal Procedure and Evidence Bill and the Crimes Bill began with the Bills being placed in the Gazette on the 15th August 2014.
- 20: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Gavin Short - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2010
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the motion for Adjournment I would just like to start off by joining other Members in welcoming the new Governor Mr Haywood and his wife to our Islands.
- 21: SHOULD CHRISTIAN VALUES BE CHOPPED FROM ST HELENA’S CONSTITUTION? - Tristan (Legal) - 21.10.2009
- A recent debate in the Foreign Affairs Committee about the Constitutions of British Overseas Territories has sparked interest in territories in the South Atlantic.