|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Falkland Islands|
FALKLAND ISLANDS: Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (33) - Archived (3491) - All (3524)
- 1: SOCIETY OF EDITORS’ LECTURE GIVEN BY SIR ALAN MOSES - Falklands (Legal) - 09.11.2014
- Since it is Sunday you are, no doubt, expecting a sermon. Something from me stern and formidable, delivered from on high, in tales of rebuke, threatening all with hell-fire, damnation and warning you that you are all going to burn.
- 2: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY 30 OCTOBER 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 31.10.2014
- Note: The views expressed by MLAs in the following report and transcript are not necessarily those of the Falkland Islands News Network. To get in touch with Falklands’ MLAs please e-mail: email@example.com
- 3: Falklands: Executive Council held on Wednesday 29 October 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 31.10.2014
- At the previous meeting, members were briefed on FIG’s actions regarding the Ebola outbreak in West Africa.
- 4: Falklands Mourn School Teacher - Falklands (Education) - 25.10.2014
- It is with great sadness that the Education Department informs that Mrs Kathryn McGeachie passed away at her home this weekend.
- 5: PUBLIC MEETING MONDAY, 20 OCTOBER 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 23.10.2014
- A public meeting about pension contributions took place in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the town hall at 1700hrs on Monday, 20 October 2014.
- 6: CASTRO PRESSURISES THE CHURCH TO START ‘DIALOGUE’ - Falklands (Business News) - 22.10.2014
- It hasn’t gone unnoticed that Argentine officials seem to be more religious these days.
- 7: HMP STANLEY HAS NEW PRISON MANAGER - Falklands (Business News) - 21.10.2014
- Barry Marsden, Director of Emergency Services, has announced the appointment of Mr Ian Sargent MBE to Prison Manager for HMP Stanley, to commence employment November 11, 2014.
- 8: Falklands Brace for Ebola - Falklands (Health) - 21.10.2014
- There has been much in the media of late regarding the outbreak of Ebola in Western Africa, and the ramifications of the outbreak for the international community. This press statement is intended to provide a background to the current Ebola outbreak, and to provide clarity on the Falkland Islands Government’s response to any potential threat of Ebola.
- 9: DEMINING CONTRACTS AWARDED IN THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Business News) - 20.10.2014
- Government House have announced that contracts have been awarded to two companies for the next phase of work to clear minefields laid by Argentina in 1982.
- 10: OmniLife to Provide Life insurance in the Falklands - Falklands (Business News) - 19.10.2014
- The Falkland Islands Company Limited has worked tirelessly to find an alternative provider for life insurance in the Falklands
- 11: Falklands: Executive Council Wednesday 15 October 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 16.10.2014
- Members considered two papers on FIPASS. The first sets out the programme of capital works required on FIPASS which will be the subject of a series of requests for tender from the private sector.
- 12: Falklands: CRUDE PRICE DECLINES: POINTS TO CONSIDER - Falklands (Business News) - 16.10.2014
- Crude price declines could affect the costs and methods of extracting hydrocarbons around the Falklands
- 13: Falklands Retirement Pensions up for Consultation - Falklands (Business News) - 14.10.2014
- A public consultation will be carried out by the Falkland Islands Government between the 20th October and the 7th November 2014,
- 14: Falklands Medium Wave and FM Radio Update - Falklands (Business News) - 14.10.2014
- The Falkland Islands government has announced that that following storm damage earlier in the year, the Medium Wave radio service transmitted from Mount William has been repaired and is now back on air
- 15: HAPPINESS IS MUSIC FOR A SPRING EVENING - Falklands (Heritage) - 13.10.2014
- If you did not attend Team Tranquil’s Music for a Spring Evening – you missed a lot. Thanks to students at the Community School under the leadership of Mrs Shirley Adams Leach, the Recorder Group, the Community Choir and individual artists the audience was treated to an excellent evening of light classical music.
- 16: Dr Richard Laws – 1926 to 2014 - Falklands (Heritage) - 13.10.2014
- It was with sadness when I read the British Antarctic Survey announced the death of one of its former directors. Dick Laws died on Monday 6 October 2014 aged 88. He was Director of BAS from 1973 – 1987.
- 17: New Senior Magistrate and Coroner for the Falklands Appointed - Falklands (Legal) - 07.10.2014
- Mrs Clare Faulds, no stranger to the Falklands, has been selected for the role of Senior Magistrate and Coroner to the Falkland Islands and South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands.
- 18: UK TRADE AND INVESTMENT DIRECTOR VISITS THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Business News) - 01.10.2014
- Trevor Hines, UK Trade and Investment representative at the British Embassy in Santiago, Chile, is visiting the Falklands for a week to assess the state of businesses in the Falklands and to make useful contacts.
- 19: Falklands: NEW WEBSITE FOR LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY GOES LIVE - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 29.09.2014
- From 25th September 2014, the Legislative Assembly will have a new website, located as a microsite off the developing FIG civil service website.
- 20: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY DR THE HON BARRY ELSBY (25/9) - Falklands (Legal) - 25.09.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, I will keep my comments brief but I would also like to associate myself with the comments made by the Honourable Mike Summers in relation to the recent Scottish referendum.
- 21: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY THE HON MR MICHAEL POOLE (25/9) - Falklands (Legal) - 25.09.2014
- Thank you Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, sadly the only time I will speak today is a series of apologies. It has become a bit of a habit but I will try and break that later in the year.
- 22: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY THE HON MRS PHYL RENDELL (25/9) - Falklands (Legal) - 25.09.2014
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the Motion I want to begin with talking about the extreme weather conditions that we have experienced recently.
- 23: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY THE HON MR ROGER EDWARDS, MLA (25/9) - Falklands (Legal) - 25.09.2014
- MR Speaker, Honourable Colleagues, once again my Honourable Colleague, Phyl Rendell has been looking over my shoulder and looking at my few notes.
- 24: Motion for Adjournment speech by The Honourable Mr Mike Summers, MLA (25/9) - Falklands (Legal) - 25.09.2014
- Mr Deputy Speaker, Honourable Members, I would like to associate myself with the thanks to all those people who have served the Falklands and are leaving.
- 25: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY THURSDAY, 25 SEPTEMBER 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 25.09.2014
- A meeting of Legislative Assembly took place at 0900hrs on Thursday, 25 September 2014 in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the Town Hall.
- 26: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 24 September 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 24.09.2014
- The first paper was a Supplementary Appropriation Bill. This Bill covers supplementary expenditure amounting to £3,781,430 approved by standing finance committee on 25th June and 27th August.
- 27: PINK RUNS OVERTAKE THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Health) - 21.05.2014
- Stanley saw PINK on Sunday when 171 members of the public wore all shades of the colour and ran in support of breast cancer awareness.
- 28: INTRODUCTION TO THE RT HON KENNETH CLARKE’S KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY LORD BLACK OF BRENTWOOD - Falklands (Business News) - 16.11.2011
- Before introducing our keynote speaker I am very grateful for the opportunity that Robin (Esser) has given me to just very briefly to draw your attention to an important report that has just been published today which focuses on press freedom issues on shores of countries where challenges to press freedom are even more intense and often literally a matter of life and death.
- 29: MPC THRIFT SHOP PRESENTS CHEQUE TO TS ENDURANCE - Falklands (Heritage) - 28.05.2011
- On Saturday the 28th May the MPC Thrift Shop presented a cheque for £1,750 to the cadets and CO of TS Endurance (Sea Cadets) based in Stanley.
- 30: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Gavin Short - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2010
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the motion for Adjournment I would just like to start off by joining other Members in welcoming the new Governor Mr Haywood and his wife to our Islands.
- 31: ARGENTINE CLAIMS TO FALKLANDS SEABED CONTAINS NOTHING NEW - Falklands (Business News) - 25.04.2009
- Both Argentina and the United Kingdom are claiming a vast area of seabed from South America to the Antarctic in their latest bids for control of the South Atlantic.
- 32: A Falklands Poem - Falklands (Heritage) - 13.11.2007
- Gus Hales tells it like it is in a moving poem recited at the Cathedral in Stanley on Remembrance Sunday.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) The Sama'82 Standard
- 33: Falklands Threatened with the Torah - Falklands (Heritage) - 12.08.2006
- I'm positive that the first five books of the Word of God were originally written for the Hebrew Nation - Israel - so why does Deuteronomy 28: 52 apply to the Falklands?