|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | Falkland Islands|
FALKLAND ISLANDS: Current ArticlesSelect individual articles below or view all current articles on one page.
View: Current (33) - Archived (3555) - All (3588)
- 1: NINE CREWMEN OVERBOARD IN TWO SEPARATE INCIDENTS IN THE FALKLAND ISLANDS - Falklands (Fisheries) - 19.02.2015
- FINN would like to thank the Falklands PR Office for this comprehensive report.
- 2: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY 29 JANUARY 2015 PART 1: Prayers, Intros Papers, Question for Oral Answer - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 29.01.2015
- A meeting of Legislative Assembly took place at 0900hrs on Thursday, 29 January 2015.
- 3: Falklands: DEBATE ON THE PENSIONS BILL 29/01/2015 - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 29.01.2015
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, a point of clarification – I am pleased to see the Pensions Bill is incorporating not just married people but people who are also co-habiting in a long term and civil partnerships.
- 4: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH by The Hon Mr Michael Poole: - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 29.01.2015
- Thank you Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, I have just a quick number of points.
- 5: Motion for Adjournment Speech by The Hon Mrs Phyll Rendell: - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 29.01.2015
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, I just had two areas to touch on. Firstly, (I would like to comment on) the current celebrations that are going about the 250th anniversary.
- 6: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH by The Hon Mr Mike Summers: - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 29.01.2015
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, I would like to thank the Honourable Phyll Rendell for her description of the events at Saunders recently because the 250th anniversary of the naming of the Falklands
- 7: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH by Dr the Hon Barry Elsby: - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 29.01.2015
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, I would just like this opportunity to talk about the recent OFSTED type inspection report that has been published and people will be aware that we recently published these reports for all our schools.
- 8: Falklands: PM SMOKO AND SILVER PUT FINAL SHINE ON OFFICIAL VISIT - Falklands (Heritage) - 13.01.2015
- One of the last venues Sir Mark Thatcher attended in the Falklands was a traditional smoko hosted by parents of students in the Education system. Traditional sticky buns, scones and sausage rolls were served up with plenty of tea and coffee.
- 9: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 17 December 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 19.12.2014
- When reading the minutes from the previous ExCo meeting, it was noted that, with regard to the FM radio service, a transmitter had been installed at Port Howard and it was working well.
- 10: Joint Ministerial Council Communiqué 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 03.12.2014
- The political leaders and representatives of the UK and the Overseas Territories met as the Joint Ministerial Council (JMC) at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London on 2 and 3 December. We welcomed the newly elected leader of the Government of Montserrat to his first Council.
- 11: British and German Relatives Attend the Anniversary of the Battle of the Falkland Islands - Falklands (Heritage) - 01.12.2014
- British and German relatives of Adm. Sturdee, Adm. Craddock and Adm. Graff Spee attended a week long commemoration of the 1914 Battle of the Falkland Islands.
- 12: FORCES TV AVAILABLE TO FALKLAND ISLANDS VIEWERS - Falklands (Business News) - 01.12.2014
- From the 1st December 2014, British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS) was broadcasting an additional TV channel, Forces TV, for viewers in the Falkland Islands.
- 13: RECRUITMENT ONGOING FOR JUSTICES OF THE PEACE - Falklands (Legal) - 01.12.2014
- Recruitment is underway to encourage more members of the community to serve as Justices of the Peace with the Courts and Tribunals Service. Justices of the Peace provide an essential public service within the community, hearing a range of criminal and non-criminal cases in the Summary Court.
- 14: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 26 November 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 26.11.2014
- The Rolling Action Log was reviewed as normal before the papers for the day. Members sought an update on when the Disciplinary Code for the Judiciary and the Framework Agreement (setting out the responsibilities of the executive branch of Government in respect of the Courts) would be published.
- 15: 3 Way Archery Postal Shoot – a Victory for the Falklands Team - Falklands (Education) - 21.11.2014
- Yet another first for the Falklands and the Falklands Archery Association happened this week with members taking part in a 3 way Handicapped ‘Portsmouth’ Postal Shoot against 2 other UK based archery clubs...Mike McLeod tells us more
- 16: OFSTED SCHOOLS INSPECTION COMPLETED IN THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Education) - 18.11.2014
- As Part of the Schools Inspection process the Education Department Welcomed HMI Mr Mike Chislett an inspector from the education regulator Ofsted to the Falklands as part of the schools' inspection process..
- 17: Members of A Company, the Rifles try their hand at Archery in the Falklands - Falklands (Education) - 18.11.2014
- Twelve members of members of A Company, The Rifles stopprf off at the FIDF Hall while on a visit to the area in Stanley on Wednesday, 19 November 2014.
- 18: Report on the meeting of Executive Council held on Wednesday 12 November 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 12.11.2014
- First paper we discussed was setting Fishing Access Fees for 2015. John Barton, Director of Natural Resources attended and MLA Rendell excused herself for this discussion.
- 19: SOCIETY OF EDITORS’ LECTURE GIVEN BY SIR ALAN MOSES - Falklands (Legal) - 09.11.2014
- Since it is Sunday you are, no doubt, expecting a sermon. Something from me stern and formidable, delivered from on high, in tales of rebuke, threatening all with hell-fire, damnation and warning you that you are all going to burn.
- 20: The Falkland Islands Tourist Board Bill 2014 - Falklands (Tourism/Travel) - 04.11.2014
- This Bill has been published in the Falkland Islands Gazette and went to a second reading. The debate follows
- 21: Falklands Retirement Pensions up for Consultation - Falklands (Business News) - 14.10.2014
- A public consultation will be carried out by the Falkland Islands Government between the 20th October and the 7th November 2014,
- 22: New Senior Magistrate and Coroner for the Falklands Appointed - Falklands (Legal) - 07.10.2014
- Mrs Clare Faulds, no stranger to the Falklands, has been selected for the role of Senior Magistrate and Coroner to the Falkland Islands and South Georgia & South Sandwich Islands.
- 23: NEW FALKLANDS’ MUSEUM OPEN FOR BUSINESS - Falklands (Heritage) - 12.09.2014
- After decades of planning, and a huge amount of dedication from the Falkland Islands Museum and National Trust (FIMNT) and supporters, the Falkland Islands’ new Historic Dockyard Museum is nearing completion.
- 24: DEMINING TO CONTINUE IN THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Environment) - 10.09.2014
- A representative from Baric Consultants, Alistair Craib, an FCO Advisor, Jeremy Wilmshurst and several operators interested in bidding for two Falklands’ demining contracts have been visiting the Falklands this week.
- 25: MLA MICHAEL POOLE ATTENDING SMALL ISLANDS DEVELOPING STATES CONFERENCE IN SAMOA - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 01.09.2014
- MLA Michael Poole is currently overseas attending the United Nations Third International Conference on Small Islands Developing States (SIDS) in Apia, Samoa. The theme for the conference is ‘the sustainable development of Small Island Developing States through genuine and durable partnerships.’
- 26: PUBLIC PROCESS FOR CRIMINAL PROCEDURE & EVIDENCE BILL AND THE CRIMES BILL - Falklands (Legal) - 15.08.2014
- The next stage of development for the Criminal Procedure and Evidence Bill and the Crimes Bill began with the Bills being placed in the Gazette on the 15th August 2014.
- 27: PINK RUNS OVERTAKE THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Health) - 21.05.2014
- Stanley saw PINK on Sunday when 171 members of the public wore all shades of the colour and ran in support of breast cancer awareness.
- 28: INTRODUCTION TO THE RT HON KENNETH CLARKE’S KEYNOTE ADDRESS BY LORD BLACK OF BRENTWOOD - Falklands (Business News) - 16.11.2011
- Before introducing our keynote speaker I am very grateful for the opportunity that Robin (Esser) has given me to just very briefly to draw your attention to an important report that has just been published today which focuses on press freedom issues on shores of countries where challenges to press freedom are even more intense and often literally a matter of life and death.
- 29: MPC THRIFT SHOP PRESENTS CHEQUE TO TS ENDURANCE - Falklands (Heritage) - 28.05.2011
- On Saturday the 28th May the MPC Thrift Shop presented a cheque for £1,750 to the cadets and CO of TS Endurance (Sea Cadets) based in Stanley.
- 30: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Gavin Short - Falklands (Legal) - 29.10.2010
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the motion for Adjournment I would just like to start off by joining other Members in welcoming the new Governor Mr Haywood and his wife to our Islands.
- 31: ARGENTINE CLAIMS TO FALKLANDS SEABED CONTAINS NOTHING NEW - Falklands (Business News) - 25.04.2009
- Both Argentina and the United Kingdom are claiming a vast area of seabed from South America to the Antarctic in their latest bids for control of the South Atlantic.
- 32: A Falklands Poem - Falklands (Heritage) - 13.11.2007
- Gus Hales tells it like it is in a moving poem recited at the Cathedral in Stanley on Remembrance Sunday.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) The Sama'82 Standard
- 33: Falklands Threatened with the Torah - Falklands (Heritage) - 12.08.2006
- I'm positive that the first five books of the Word of God were originally written for the Hebrew Nation - Israel - so why does Deuteronomy 28: 52 apply to the Falklands?