|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | February 2010|
Articles published in February 2010Select individual articles below or view all 23 articles on one page.
23 articles published
|Jan (45)||Feb (28)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (44)||May (35)|
|Jan (32)||Feb (30)||Mar (33)|
|Apr (34)||May (37)||Jun (64)|
|Jul (56)||Aug (62)||Sep (59)|
|Oct (59)||Nov (43)||Dec (35)|
|Jan (23)||Feb (25)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (51)||May (47)||Jun (46)|
|Jul (53)||Aug (48)||Sep (47)|
|Oct (51)||Nov (27)||Dec (32)|
- 1: Revamped Falklands Lease Back Scheme a Non-starter - Falklands (Business News) - 28.02.2010
- Falkland Islanders took in their stride the Times Online article by Matthew Paris entitled “Think of Hong Kong. Give the Falklands Back.”
- 2: St Helena Mourns Former Governor - St Helena (Heritage) - 25.02.2010
- The St Helena Government has received news of the sad passing of former Governor, Michael Clancy, who served on St Helena as Chief Secretary from 1997 to 2000 and later as Governor and Commander in Chief of St Helena and its Dependencies from 2004 to 2007.
- 3: Falklands' Oil: Business Tactics Need to be Fit for Purpose - Falklands (Business News) - 22.02.2010
- The reaction of Falkland Islanders to the Argentine blockade of their own ports to thwart the oil business here is déjà-vu but change the subject to coverage in some UK newspapers and it augers disbelief.
- 4: FCO MINISTER REAFFIRMS SUPPORT FOR FALKLAND ISLANDS - Falklands (Business News) - 18.02.2010
- FCO Minister, Chris Bryant has reassured Falkland Islanders about the recent declaration signed by President Christina Kirchner restricting shipping between her country and the Falklands.“We have no doubt about our sovereignty over the Falkland Islands and we're clear that the Falkland Islands Government is entitled to develop a hydrocarbons industry within its waters.”
- 5: ARGY BARGY – THIS TIME WE AIN’T GONNA EAT IT - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 18.02.2010
- Islanders are reading with disbelief the daily media offerings touting Argy blockades and an impending task force cutting its way towards the Falklands.
- 6: Argentine Falklands’ sanctions could backfire - Falklands (Business News) - 17.02.2010
- An Editorial by J. Brock (FINN) Argentina could stitch itself up in similar legislation but should also expect a difficult time rectifying the ramifications of poorly thought-out bullying.
- 7: UK AMBASSADOR TO CHILE VISITS THE FALKLAND ISLANDS - Falklands (Business News) - 17.02.2010
- Photo(c) J. Brock (FINN) Members of the Chilean community were invited to a reception at Government House in honour of the British Ambassador in Santiago, Mr Jon Benjamin.
- 8: Falklands' Cape Pembroke Results - Falklands (Heritage) - 17.02.2010
- Stephen Frear RAF, won the Cape Pembroke Half Marathon in a record time of 1:14:05 despite head-on and sideways winds and sleet.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) - Winners in the Cape Pembroke Half Marathon
- 9: St Helena EXCO REPORT 43 – 10th February 2010 - St Helena (Legal) - 17.02.2010
- This is the first time in 43 attempts that my EXCO report has been a day late and for that I apologise. The fact is that our meeting finished later than any of the other 42 and the pressure of other issues meant that I simply ran out of time.
- 10: Argentina Blocks Danish Ship Over Falklands Visit - Falklands (Business News) - 11.02.2010
- Bloomberg reports that Argentina has blocked a ship from leaving a Techint Group plant after it traveled to the Falkland Islands without government permission, the Argentine Foreign Office said.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) Thor Leader at FIPASS in Mid January
- 11: BRIGADIER IMPRESSED WITH FALKLANDS’ TRAINING FACILITIES - Falklands (Education) - 11.02.2010
- Brigadier Justin Maciejewski of 3 Yorks Alma Company, 12th Mechanised Brigade based at Warminster, Buford near Salisbury has spent the past week in the Falklands visiting training facilities.
- 12: FALKLAND ISLANDS QUEEN’S CERTIFICATE AND BADGE OF HONOUR - S.Atlantic (Heritage) - 11.02.2010
- As already announced following January’s Executive Council Meeting, Her Majesty The Queen has been pleased to agree that the Queen’s Certificate and accompanying Badge of Honour may be awarded in the Falkland Islands.
- 13: Commissioner Pays Official Visit to South Georgia - Br.Ant.Territory (Business News) - 11.02.2010
- Commissioner Alan Huckle and his wife Helen visited South Georgia in January. Travelling with them was Jane Rumble, Head of the Polar Regions Unit at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, and GSGSSI Senior Executive Officer Martin Collins
- 14: Shall Falkland Islanders be Embattled Oil Barons? - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 08.02.2010
- Articles touting untold riches for the Falklands when crude is discovered in commercial quantities are of late abounding.
- 15: Monsignor McPartland has Private Audience with Pope - S.Atlantic (Heritage) - 06.02.2010
- Photo (c) L'Osservatore Romano - Monsignor Mc Partland explains about the Apostolic Prefecture in the South Atlantic.
- 16: Report of an Executive Council meeting held on 3 February 2010 - Falklands (Legal) - 06.02.2010
- An extra-ordinary meeting of Executive Council was held on Wednesday, 3 February to address some urgent oil exploration matters.
- 17: PHYL RENDELL’S REPORT ABOUT THE WED, 03 FEBRUARY 2010 EXCO MEETING - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 06.02.2010
- There was an extraordinary meeting of Executive Council on Wednesday, 03 February to address some matters that really couldn’t wait until the next scheduled EXCO.
- 18: DIRECTOR OF MINERAL RESOURCES REACTION TO ARGENTINE PROTEST ABOUT OIL EXPLORATION - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 06.02.2010
- The Argentine Government has this week protested about the up-coming drilling campaign in Falklands’ waters. Director of Minerals, Phyl Rendell (PR), doesn’t believe that this is concerning the Falklands’ oil industry.
- 19: PLANNING & BUILDING COMMITTEE 06/02/10 - Falklands (Business News) - 06.02.2010
- Graham France updates us on the latest planning and building committee activity.
- 20: Falklands Summary of Executive Council Meeting 28 January 2010 - Falklands (Legal) - 06.02.2010
- The Task status report (legislative drafting) was discussed briefly. Members felt that the Road Traffic Bill (which commenced in January 2006) needed to have further periods of public consultation and debate given that it had been dormant for some time now.
- 21: Falklands General Purposes Committee Brief 01.02.2010 - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 06.02.2010
- The General Purposes Committee met at 0800hrs on Wednesday, 27 January 2010 and the meeting lasted all day.
- 22: St Helena Education Discussions Continue... - St Helena (Education) - 06.02.2010
- Discussions continue within the Education Department on what can be achieved over the next three years, through the Education Sector Support Programme. Consideration is also being given to how this support can continue to bear fruits after 2013.
- 23: ENTHUSIASM FOR FALKLANDS OIL OUTWEIGHS ARGENTINE PROTEST - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 03.02.2010
- On Tuesday Argentine Foreign Minister Jorge Taiana protested to the Acting British Ambassador over offshore oil exploration in waters surrounding the Falkland Islands.