|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | March 2010|
Articles published in March 2010Select individual articles below or view all 31 articles on one page.
31 articles published
|Jan (45)||Feb (28)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (44)||May (25)|
|Jan (32)||Feb (30)||Mar (33)|
|Apr (34)||May (37)||Jun (64)|
|Jul (56)||Aug (62)||Sep (59)|
|Oct (59)||Nov (43)||Dec (35)|
|Jan (23)||Feb (25)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (51)||May (47)||Jun (46)|
|Jul (53)||Aug (48)||Sep (47)|
|Oct (51)||Nov (27)||Dec (32)|
- 1: Dissappointing Show for Falklands' Liz Prospect - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 29.03.2010
- Subsequent logging operations show that oil may be present in thin intervals but that reservoir quality is poor.
- 2: Media Reports Falklands' Liz Prospect Unviable - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 28.03.2010
- Over the weekend readers were greeted with press reports from the Sunday Times and Reuters that the Liz Prospect – an exploratory well drilled by Desire Petroleum – was unviable.
- 3: Familiarisation Visit for Overseas Territories Director - All (Business News) - 25.03.2010
- Mr Colin Roberts, Director of the Overseas Territories Directorate has come to the Falklands on a familiarisation visit.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN) Colin Roberts at Government House on Wednesday
- 4: Falklands Oil - The Source Rock is Key - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 22.03.2010
- It’s been nearly a month since Ocean Guardian spudded its exploratory well for Desire Petroleum in the Liz Prospect.
- 5: Falklands: Public Confidence Demo on Sapper Hill - Falklands (Geological Events) - 21.03.2010
- A public confidence demonstration will be taking place at the Sapper Hill Minefield site next Thursday at 1545hrs. BACTEC and the Demining Project office staff will walk across the cleared area to demonstrate their confidence in the clearance process. They encourage as many people as possible to come and watch.
- 6: St Helena Report Released on Remuneration, Allowances and Expenses - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 21.03.2010
- The St Helena Government has today, released the report of the Independent Commission for the Review of Remuneration, Allowances and Expenses for Councillors, the Speaker and the Deputy Speaker.
- 7: St Helena Upcoming, Historic Meeting of Legislative Council - St Helena (Legal) - 21.03.2010
- The new Legislative Council is to meet formally tomorrow, 19 March, at the Court House in Jamestown, at 10am.
- 8: St Helena EXCO REPORT 45 – 16th March 2010 - St Helena (Legal) - 21.03.2010
- At today’s EXCO Cllr .Isaac and Cllr .Cranfield stood in for Cllrs. Tara Thomas and Mervyn Yon who are both away on government business.
- 9: Falklands RAF Movers Remember the Fallen - Falklands (Heritage) - 21.03.2010
- On a blustery 10 Feb 10, 8000 miles from home, 9 members of the Air Movements Flight, British Forces South Atlantic Islands, travelled to the capital of the Falkland Islands, Port Stanley, to pay respect to two Royal Marines killed in action during the 1982 conflict, Sgt Roger Enefer & Sgt Bob Leeming.
- 10: New General Manager at Falkland Islands Tourist Board Announced - Falklands (Tourism/Travel) - 21.03.2010
- Paul Trowell, a New Zealander, has been appointed as the new General Manager of the Falkland Islands Tourist Board.
- 11: PORTSMOUTH BASED DESTROYER ASSISTS IN AIR/SEA RESCUE IN THE SOUTH ATLANTIC - Falklands (Fisheries) - 17.03.2010
- HMS York, a Portsmouth-based Type 42 Destroyer, was one of 3 units involved in a rescue mission 300 miles south east of the Falkland Islands earlier today.
- 12: New Record for Most Southerly Marathon - Falklands (Heritage) - 15.03.2010
- Appalling weather can bring out the worst in many runners but for Stephen Frear, RAF, stationed at Mount Pleasant, it brought out the best.
- 13: FIG Publishes Economic Briefing & Forecast for the Falkland Islands - Falklands (Business News) - 13.03.2010
- The Economic Briefing & Forecast for 2010 has been published by the Falkland Islands Government.
- 14: South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands -Cephalopods - S.Georgia (Education) - 13.03.2010
- Dr Martin Collins writes about Cephalopods depicted on stamps.
- 15: New Name Sought for Malvina House Hotel - Falklands (Business News) - 13.03.2010
- Following on from the Company's press release that it was going to change the name of the Malvina House Hotel, a very lively and at times heated debate has begun both from both those who wish for us to change the name and those who do not want us to change it
- 16: Planning and Building Committee Report 04/03/10 - Falklands (Business News) - 13.03.2010
- Just eleven applications seeking planning permission were considered in this month’s meeting, chaired as usual by Cllr Sharon Halford and who was joined by Cllr Jan Cheek.
- 17: Volunteer Monitors Wanted for Falklands - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 13.03.2010
- When the Internet becomes slow or unreliable we notice. If we are at work, we might not be able to do our job properly.
- 18: FIG donates to Earthquake Appeal Funds for Chile and Haiti - Falklands (Business News) - 13.03.2010
- The Office of the Legislative Assembly has announced that Members have approved payment by the Falkland Islands Government to the Chile Earthquake Appeal Fund of a donation of £5,000. The Fund has been opened by local Chilean residents to help victims of the earthquake which devastated central Chile on 27 February.
- 19: Cathedral Clock Removed for Repair and Renovation - Falklands (Heritage) - 13.03.2010
- An operation to bring down the clock at Christ Church Cathedral took place on Monday, 08 March 2010 beginning at 0830hrs
- 20: Martin Collins to Run Stanley Marathon - S.Georgia (Heritage) - 13.03.2010
- Martin Collins, Senior Executive and Director of Fisheries is to run the Stanley Marathon on Sunday the 14th of March.
- 21: A message from Her Majesty The Queen, Head of the Commonwealth - All (Heritage) - 13.03.2010
- Today’s societies are constantly seeking ways to improve their quality of life, and science and technology play a vital part in that search.
- 22: Falklands Director of Mineral Resources Report (March 2010) - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 13.03.2010
- A meeting of the Mineral Resources Committee took place on Thursday, 11 March 2010. Following is the Director’s Report by Phyl Rendell.
- 23: Why a Caveat on the South Atlantic Federation? - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 07.03.2010
- I am not so certain about including the British Overseas Territories from the Caribbean in the scheme, given their assent to Argentina’s trade sanctions against the Falklands, agreed by the Rio Group, of which they are associated.
- 24: Constitutional Advisor Passes on - S.Atlantic (Legal) - 07.03.2010
- Michael Bradley, CMG, QC, former Cayman Islands Attorney General, passed away in the UK on Monday, 22 February, at the age of 76.
- 25: Falklands Assembly Member to Attend Westminster Seminar - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 07.03.2010
- Mr Dick Sawle MLA has left for the UK to attend the Westminster Seminar. The Westminster Seminar is held on an annual basis and is described as a perfect learning ground for recently elected politicians.
- 26: £11,000.00 for Haiti Earthquake Appeal - Falklands (Geological Events) - 07.03.2010
- Mr Keith Biles, sponsor of the Haiti Earthquake Appeal, Falkland Islands, reports that the balance on the Haiti Earthquake Appeal account today is £11,000,
- 27: Chile Earthquake Committee Formed - Falklands (Geological Events) - 07.03.2010
- A committee to begin fundraising for victims of the 8.8 earthquake in Chile has been set up
- 28: Falklands Send Letter of Condolence to Chile - Falklands (Geological Events) - 07.03.2010
- On 2 March 2010 Members of Legislative Assembly sent a letter of condolence to the Chilean people.
- 29: Falklands Summary of Executive Council Meeting 25 February 2010 - Falklands (Legal) - 04.03.2010
- The first Executive Council items this month were one of the drilling company’s oil spill contingency plans and a safety case for the rig to drill in deeper water. These are part of the regulatory approvals and systems that have to be in place before each company’s exploratory drilling commences.
- 30: Falklands Legislative Assembly Meeting 26 February 2010 Part 1 - Falklands (Legal) - 04.03.2010
- A meeting of Legislative Assembly was held at 1030hrs on Friday, 26 February 2010 in the Court and Assembly chamber of the Town Hall
- 31: Falklands Legislative Assembly 26 February 2010 Part 2 - Falklands (Legal) - 04.03.2010
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in continuing the theme of trying to start the Motion for Adjournment on happy news rather than sad news or criticism, I would like to bring to the attention of people the actual generosity of the Falkland Islanders and indeed those servicemen and women serving here in the Falklands to the amount of money actually raised for charitable purposes.