|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | September 2010|
Articles published in September 2010Select individual articles below or view all 31 articles on one page.
31 articles published
|Jan (45)||Feb (28)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (44)||May (36)||Jun (27)|
|Jan (32)||Feb (30)||Mar (33)|
|Apr (34)||May (37)||Jun (64)|
|Jul (56)||Aug (62)||Sep (59)|
|Oct (59)||Nov (43)||Dec (35)|
|Jan (23)||Feb (25)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (51)||May (47)||Jun (46)|
|Jul (53)||Aug (48)||Sep (47)|
|Oct (51)||Nov (27)||Dec (32)|
- 1: St Helena: ExCo Report 54 - St Helena (Legal) - 30.09.2010
- Yesterday’s ExCo meeting covered a wide range of important issues, and the discussion lasted well into the afternoon. It is for this reason that I am giving my normal broadcast the following morning.
- 2: Reverend Andrew Jolly dies - Falklands (Heritage) - 30.09.2010
- The Reverend Andrew Jolly, who served two stints as Armed Forces Chaplain in the Falkland Islands, has died at the age of 54.
- 3: RAF Search and Rescue Team Rescues Fisherman off the Falklands - Falklands (Fisheries) - 30.09.2010
- At approximately 1123hrs on Saturday, 25 september 2010 FINN Observed an RAF Sea King land at the football pitch.
- 4: St Helena's Governor Submits Second Report from the UK - St Helena (Business News) - 30.09.2010
- Generally when visiting London, the Governor finds that he has a tight programme of meetings and that most of them have been scheduled efficiently by our London office. This trip has been no exception.
- 5: Team Falklands and Delhi 2010 - S.Atlantic (Heritage) - 30.09.2010
- FIOGA Chairman, Mike Summers has now arrived in Delhi along with one member of the Falklands Team. The vast majority of the team are set to arrive on 28th September with others to follow soon after.
- 6: Andrew Gurr Submits Part 1 of a Report on Meetings in London - St Helena (Business News) - 30.09.2010
- I have spent only one full day in London since the end of our holiday, but there are several matters that are worthy of report and so I am sending this. I hope to be able to produce more detail after a series of meetings ending on 29th September.
- 7: St Helena and DFID - St Helena (Business News) - 30.09.2010
- On 10th August 2010, the Executive Council endorsed an outline of the objectives, principles and policy intentions to be included in a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to be agreed between the St Helena Government (SHG) and HMG on how St Helena will implement reforms needed to open the Island’s economy to investment and tourism.
- 8: Chief Development Officer Gains Fellowship of the Chartered Management Institute - St Helena (Business News) - 30.09.2010
- Chief Development Officer, Dr Corinda Essex, has become a Fellow of the Chartered Management Institute.
- 9: FALKLANDS GENERAL PURPOSES COMMITTEE BRIEF 16/09/10 - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 30.09.2010
- A meeting of General Purposes Committee took place on Wednesday, 15 September 2010. On Thursday, 16 September 2010 the Hon Mrs Sharon Halford briefed the media on what happened at that important meeting.
- 10: FCO ISSUE COMMONWEALTH GAMES TRAVEL INFORMATION AND BOOKLETS - Falklands (Tourism/Travel) - 30.09.2010
- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has issued information for visitors to this year's Commonwealth Games to be held in New Delhi from 3-14 October. This is in addition to their regular travel advice for India, which is updated almost daily.
- 11: FALKLANDS PUBLIC MEETING TUESDAY, 16 SEPTEMBER 2010 - Falklands (Business News) - 30.09.2010
- A public meeting took place in the court and Assembly Chamber of the Town Hall at 1700hrs on Tuesday, 14 September 2010. Present were the Hon Mr Gavin Short, the Hon Mrs Jan Cheek, the Hon Mrs Sharon Halford, the Hon Miss Emma Edwards and the Hon Mr Glenn Ross.
- 12: Falklands Summary of Executive Council 16th September 2010 - Falklands (Legal) - 22.09.2010
- This meeting of Executive Council had a change of faces around the table. In the absence of the Hon Dick Sawle and Roger Edwards who are currently overseas, the Hon Glenn Ross and Sharon Halford were the nominated stand ins.
- 13: URUGUAYAN OFFICIALS DENY ENTRY FOR HMS GLOUCHESTER - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 21.09.2010
- Both the South American press and the UK Press have reported that Uruguay has denied entry to a British warship bound for the Falklands. Spokespersons from both Uruguay and the Royal Navy confirmed this on Monday.
- 14: the Governor’s taxi in the Falkland Islands is formally retired - Falklands (Heritage) - 21.09.2010
- The red Austin taxi (chassis no: FL2 DR 28644, car no: H26653) came into service on 20 January 1976 during the time of Governor French. The tradition of having a London taxi as the Crown car in the Falklands was already well-established: at least two black taxis had preceded her. The taxi was considered more practical than other cars on ceremonial occasions because the higher roof and greater space in the rear of the taxi made it easier for a Governor, in full dress uniform with plumes and sword, and his elegantly behatted wife to sit in comfort (and alight with more dignity).
- 15: FURTHER CHANGES TO STRUCTURE OF ST HELENA GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION - St Helena (Legal) - 16.09.2010
- As part of the ongoing process of public sector modernisation, the St Helena Government (SHG) has been looking proactively at its current administrative structure.
- 16: Progress on Immigration, Investment and Land Disposal Reviews - St Helena (Business News) - 16.09.2010
- Discussions continue on Government policy about immigration, investment and land disposal and remain a priority in light of the recent announcement on air access.
- 17: Falklands: 4 RIFLES ASSUME RIC RESPONSIBILITY - Falklands (Heritage) - 16.09.2010
- R Company, 4th Battalion, the Rifles officially took over from Number 3 Company, 1st Battalion
Welsh Guards on 5th August. Returning from Afghanistan at the end of 2009 the Company was deployed to set the conditions for the presidential elections and worked closely with the Welsh Guards.
- 18: MPC Charities Raise £2400 for Stanley Charity - Falklands (Heritage) - 16.09.2010
- Recently raised money from MPC’s new Thrift Shop, charity busks, a cinema event and local collections have combined to make a massive donation to the local charity Cancer Support and Awareness Trust (CSAAT).
- 19: Falklands: WORLD MENTAL HEALTH DAY DANCE - Falklands (Health) - 16.09.2010
- The mental Health Strategy Group (Team Tranquil) will be holding a supper dance on Saturday, 09 October 2010 at the FIDF Hall.
- 20: ALL SET FOR THE 2010 FALKLAND CRAFT FAIR - Falklands (Heritage) - 16.09.2010
- The annual Falkland Craft Fair was held at the Community School over the weekend of 11 and 12 September 2010.
- 21: CPA conference Nairobi Kenya 09 to 19th September - Falklands (Business News) - 16.09.2010
- The Commonwealth Parliamentary Association is “a voluntary association of 54 countries that support each other and work towards shared goals in democracy and development.
- 22: FI CHAMBER OF COMMERCE ELECT OFFICERS - Falklands (Business News) - 16.09.2010
- At an AGM of the Falkland Islands Chamber of Commerce an election for officers took place.
- 23: Dick Sawle Speaks of the challenge of Sovereignty in Small States - Falklands (Business News) - 16.09.2010
- The Hon Dick Sawle, MLA has spoken at the CPA conference in Kenya this week, in the small states conference – a conference which lasted for two days and included around 30 to 40 small state members of the CPA. Around 50 delegates and observers attended.
- 24: Black Pig to be Re-Re-Named - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 16.09.2010
- The South American Press has published an article about Argentine militants painting graffiti on the hull and superstructure of the Panama flagged Audax II, presently docked in Buenos Aires.
- 25: All Set for Falklands' Television - Falklands (Business News) - 10.09.2010
- A joint press release from KTV Limited and Stanley Services Limited has announced the creation of a new Company called Falkland Islands Television Limited (FITV) which will broadcast locally produced news programs.
- 26: GUILTY PLEA IN REYNOLDS DAIRY THEFT CASE - Falklands (Agriculture) - 08.09.2010
- Kevin Reynolds, former manager of Stanley Dairy Ltd, has pled guilty in a Fremantle, Australia court for the theft of £38,000.00 worth of dairy equipment from the Falkland Islands Development Corporation.
- 27: Rockhopper Announces Flow Test Update - Sea Lion 14/10-2 discovery well - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 06.09.2010
- Rockhopper Exploration plc (AIM: RKH), the North Falkland Basin oil and gas exploration company, has announced that the Ocean Guardian drilling rig is at the location of the Sea Lion 14/10-2 discovery well and that operations to carry out a flow test on the Sea Lion main and lower fans are underway.
- 28: DIRECTOR OF MINERAL RESOURCES REPORT FOR FRIDAY, 27 AUGUST 2010: - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 05.09.2010
- BHP Billiton (BHPB) have completed their Toroa well (61/05-1) in the South Falkland Basin and the rig has been re-located in the North Falkland Basin to drill further wells for Rockhopper Exploration and Desire Petroleum.
- 29: St Helena - Public Health (Amendment) Bill, 2010 - St Helena (Health) - 05.09.2010
- A Draft Public Health (Amendment) Bill 2010 is being published today Wednesday, 1 September 2010, for public consultation before considering its introduction into law.
- 30: St Helena - Training for Official Fish Inspectors - S.Atlantic (Fisheries) - 05.09.2010
- In May/June this year, Andre Herne and Kevin Youde from the Environmental Health Section of the Public Health and Social Services Department travelled to Cape Town to participate in a 17-day training course to develop their skills as Fish Inspectors for the fishery sector Competent Authority on St Helena.
- 31: Falklands Say Farewell to His Excellency the Governor Mr Alan Huckle and Mrs Huckle - Falklands (Heritage) - 05.09.2010
- His Excellency the Governor and Mrs Huckle will leave the Falkland Islands on Saturday 18th September 2010 at the end of the Governor’s tour of duty.