|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | January 2011|
Articles published in January 2011Select individual articles below or view all 23 articles on one page.
23 articles published
|Jan (40)||Feb (54)||Mar (57)|
|Apr (39)||May (38)||Jun (53)|
|Jul (45)||Aug (0)||Sep (0)|
|Jan (37)||Feb (45)||Mar (25)|
|Apr (54)||May (41)||Jun (56)|
|Jul (60)||Aug (47)||Sep (48)|
|Oct (42)||Nov (30)||Dec (27)|
|Jan (45)||Feb (28)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (44)||May (36)||Jun (61)|
|Jul (43)||Aug (57)||Sep (42)|
|Oct (41)||Nov (37)||Dec (36)|
- 1: PUBLIC MEETING REPORT 25/01/11 - Falklands (Business News) - 30.01.2011
- A public meeting took place in the Parish Hall at Christ Church Cathedral on Tuesday, 25 January 2011 at 1700hrs.
- 2: CHILEAN RED WINS ‘BEST OF SHOW’ AT GOVERNMENT HOUSE WINE TASTING - Falklands (Agriculture) - 30.01.2011
- A wine tasting with 40 guests took place at Government House on Thursday evening. Ralph Jones’ idea of a good method of choosing wine for the venue paid off, with a Chilean red wine, Montes Folly 2006 being the best liked at 4.4 points.
- 3: TWO FROM CHARTRES IN DEADLY ROAD ACCIDENT - Falklands (Heritage) - 30.01.2011
- At 8pm on Saturday 22nd January 2011, the Royal Falkland Islands Police (RFIP) received a report of a one vehicle road traffic collision involving a Land Rover 110 motor vehicle on the Hill Cove Road, West Falkland.
- 4: DIRECTOR OF MINERAL RESOURCES REPORT FOR DECEMBER 2010: - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 30.01.2011
- At a meeting of the Mineral Resources Committee the Director of Mineral Resources gave her report.
- 5: Cllr Tony Green Attends 5th International Parliamentary Governance Seminar - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 30.01.2011
- I briefed councillors on Friday about my attendance at this seminar and so I'm now able to share this information. Having been nominated by my fellow councillors in August last year I duly attended this CPA Governance Seminar from 14 to 26 November 2010. The Seminar took place in London, Brussels and Cardiff.
- 6: SOUTH ATLANTIC ISLANDS’ CO-OPERATION BEGINS WITH MONEY - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 30.01.2011
- The South Atlantic Territories Co-operative Forum will meet to discuss tourism and conservation but Elected Members and UK Representatives of St Helena, Ascension Island, the Falklands, and Tristan da Cunha also need to think of a fundamental yet frustrating issue – money.
- 7: DOGS V CATS: WHICH IS MORE INTELLIGENT? - Falklands (Agriculture) - 23.01.2011
- Falklands Vet, Steve Pointing poses an elemental question that concerns pet lovers throughout the Falklands.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN)
- 8: SOUTH GEORGIA POSSESSION DAY OBSERVED AT GOVERNMENT HOUSE - Falklands (Heritage) - 23.01.2011
- The possession of South Georgia for King George and his heirs by Captain James Cook 236 years ago was noted by a reception at Government House on Wednesday night.
- 9: Falklands Preparations Continue for Isle of Wight - Falklands (Heritage) - 23.01.2011
- Preparations for the NatWest Island Games XIV on the Isle of Wight in June are moving forward in a number of areas. Mike Summers tells us more.
- 10: Falklands Smoking Ban starts at 6am on 1 February 2011 - Falklands (Health) - 23.01.2011
- The Smoking (Prohibition) Ordinance comes into force at 6am on 1 February 2011.
- 11: Matthew John Newton Gets 3 Years in Jail - Falklands (Legal) - 23.01.2011
- Matthew John NEWTON, 24 years, has today been sentenced at the Supreme Court to a total of 3 years imprisonment after previously pleading guilty to three offences of sexual activity with children aged 13, 14 and 15 years committed between 2005 and 2008.
- 12: “TORNADO F3 – 25 years of Air Defence” - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 23.01.2011
- The RAF Leuchars Airshow in 1989 saw the arrival of the first Operational Tornado F3 ZE961 “GA” to be based in Scotland and served initially with 43(F) Squadron.
- 13: MORE FALKLANDS MINES TO BE REMOVED - Falklands (Geological Events) - 16.01.2011
- According to a press release from Government House further mines in the Falklands will be removed during the summer of 2011/2012, thanks to the Foreign and Commonwealth securing funding to undertake a further small project.
- 14: COLIN MacDONALD JAILED FOR 13 YEARS - Falklands (Legal) - 16.01.2011
- Seventy year-old Colin George MacDonald has been found guilty, following a three day trial at the Supreme Court of the Falkland Islands, of three counts of rape, an attempted rape and two indecent assaults, committed against children under the age of 13 spanning a number of years from 1967 to 1977.
- 15: SAAS FUTURE UNCERTAIN - Falklands (Shipping/Freight) - 16.01.2011
- Following the announcement that the SAAS shipping link to South America will cease at the end of the July charter, the company has announced that it is seeking alternatives for future shipping links to the continent.
- 16: Falklands Planning and Building Committee Report (06 Jan 11) - Falklands (Business News) - 16.01.2011
- Two applications for planning permission in Dury Street and Pioneer Row were turned down by the Planning and Building Committee at last week’s meeting.
- 17: Falklands Say Good-bye to the Red Pulmb - Falklands (Heritage) - 14.01.2011
- The Royal Navy has put an end to speculation about the flood damaged HMS Endurance by announcing that her replacement will be named HMS Protector.
- 18: New Head Teacher for Prince Andrew School - St Helena (Education) - 13.01.2011
- The new Head Teacher of Prince Andrew School, Abraham Swart accompanied by his wife arrived on island on Tuesday, 11th January 2011.
- 19: Economist for St Helena Government - St Helena (Business News) - 12.01.2011
- Harry Shutt, an Economist for the St Helena Government arrived on 11 January.
- 20: ARGENTINA COULD PULL COMPLETELY OUT OF THE 1999 AGREEMENT - Falklands (Heritage) - 11.01.2011
- According to the Latin American Press a change in attitude and focus has caused both Kirchner Governments in Argentina to abandon the tenants of the 1999 agreement between Argentina and the United Kingdom regarding the Falkland Islands.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN)
- 21: South Atlantic Territories Co-operative Forum to Discuss Tourism and Conservation - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 08.01.2011
- Elected Members and UK Representatives of St Helena, Ascension Island, the Falklands, and Tristan da Cunha have established the South Atlantic Territories Cooperation Forum.
- 22: POLICE HAIL DRINK DRIVE CAMPAIGN A SUCCESS - Falklands (Legal) - 08.01.2011
- Hailed a success, the drink drive campaign run by the Royal Falkland Islands Police (RFIP) over Christmas and New Year is a sentinel for future policing in the Falklands.
- 23: SAAS Bows Out of the Shipping Business - Falklands (Business News) - 07.01.2011
- As FINN reported on Friday, 31 December 2010, South American Atlantic Service Limited (SAAS) has announced that it will cease trading at the end of the current vessel charter in July.