|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | March 2012|
Articles published in March 2012Select individual articles below or view all 33 articles on one page.
33 articles published
|Jan (37)||Feb (45)||Mar (25)|
|Apr (54)||May (41)||Jun (56)|
|Jul (60)||Aug (47)||Sep (48)|
|Oct (42)||Nov (1)||Dec (0)|
|Jan (45)||Feb (28)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (44)||May (36)||Jun (61)|
|Jul (43)||Aug (57)||Sep (42)|
|Oct (41)||Nov (37)||Dec (36)|
|Jan (32)||Feb (30)||Mar (33)|
|Apr (34)||May (37)||Jun (64)|
|Jul (56)||Aug (62)||Sep (59)|
|Oct (59)||Nov (43)||Dec (35)|
- 1: General Purposes Committee Report 27 March 2012 - Falklands (Business News) - 31.03.2012
- As usual the meeting started with confirmation of the minutes and matters arising from the previous meeting.
- 2: Stone Corral Returned to Falklands' Public after 30 Years - Falklands (Business News) - 31.03.2012
- After a 30 year wait the Stone Corral is finally going to be released to the public for their enjoyment.
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN)
- 3: FIODA’S “A NIGHT AT THE MUSICALS” - Loverly, Loverly, Loverly - Falklands (Heritage) - 31.03.2012
- If all you need is a room somewhere safe from the wind and the cold night air, then why not share it with at least 150 others and make it the town hall?
Photo (c) J. Brock (FINN)
- 4: St Helena Budget Speech for 2012/13 - St Helena (Business News) - 31.03.2012
- I wish to introduce a Bill for an Ordinance to provide for the services of the financial year 1st April 2012 to 31st March 2013.
- 5: St Helena: Farewell and Hello Changes in Education and Employment Directorate - St Helena (Education) - 31.03.2012
- Leaving the Island on 4th April 2012, will be John Sullivan, a well-known face within St Helena’s Education system.
- 6: St Helena NEWS FROM ST HELENA TOURISM - St Helena (Tourism/Travel) - 31.03.2012
- A reminder that there will be another community market this Saturday, 31 March, this time in the gardens of the Consulate Hotel. There will be a range of crafts and local produce available. The market will run from 10.00am to 2.00pm. Everyone is most welcome.
- 7: St Helena Green Light for Land Reforms - St Helena (Business News) - 31.03.2012
- An important package of land reforms was approved by Executive Council on Tuesday, 20th March 2012 and will become official Saint Helena Government Policy from 1st of April.
- 8: St Helena EXCO meeting of 29 March 2012 - St Helena (Legal) - 31.03.2012
- We held an extra EXCO this morning mainly to consider a few papers that we needed to deal with before the end of this month.
- 9: 192.com helps Falklands Veterans Reunite - Falklands (Education) - 29.03.2012
- The online directory has 700 million UK public records, including over 35 million residential names and addresses from the edited electoral roll.
- 10: Mark Lyall Grant Rebutts Timerman’s Accusations - Falklands (Education) - 21.03.2012
- In accordance with instructions received from the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, I have the honour to refer to the letter dated 10 February 2012
- 11: STANDARD CHARTERED BANK STANLEY MARATHON: Results - Falklands (Heritage) - 21.03.2012
- The 8th annual Standard Chartered Bank Stanley marathon took place on Sunday, 18 March 2012 in increasingly windy conditions. Though the race began in bright sunshine and warm near gale force breezes the weather deteriorated and it ended with horizontal rain and the finish-line blowing away.
- 12: Standard Chartered Stanley Marathon - You Have to See It to Believe It - Falklands (Health) - 18.03.2012
- The 8th Annual Standard Chartered Bank 's Stanley Marathon in aid of the Charity "Seeing is Believing," has begun in Stanley, Falkland Islands at 1000hrs on Sunday, 18 March 2012.
Photo (c) J. Brock ( FINN) They're off
- 13: WORLD HAVE YOUR SAY FOCUSES ON FALKLAND ISLANDERS AND ARGENTINES - Falklands (Education) - 17.03.2012
- The popular BBC World Service programme, “World Have Your Say” has come to Stanley and Buenos Aires and thanks to TV Presenter, Ros Atkins Falkland Islanders and Argentines spoke with each other over a TV link.
- 14: Leif’s Appalachian Trek for Charity - Falklands (Education) - 17.03.2012
- Leif Middleton will be attempting the Appalachian trail, an estimated 2,175 mile trek through the wilderness of the eastern United States.
- 15: ORDINANCE POINT A POPULAR CHOICE FOR THE NEW DEEP WATER PORT - Falklands (Business News) - 17.03.2012
- Recordings of the Public Meeting held on Tuesday and the FIRS phone-in on Wednesday revealed a popular choice for the new deep water port. Though there were one or two objectors, the majority of those speaking and/or calling in mentioned that access to electricity, water roads, etc. were closer to Ordinance Point than it was to Navy Point.
- 16: VARIED VIEWS TOWARDS THE FALKLAND ISLANDS DISPUTE FROM YOUNG ARGENTINES LIVERPOOL - Falklands (Education) - 17.03.2012
- Researchers at the University of Liverpool have found that that the opinions of young people in Argentina towards the Falklands/Malvinas Islands are varied and influenced by a number of factors
- 17: CONTAMINATED WATER – ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 17.03.2012
- SHG Environmental Health today confirmed that ‘the Boil-Only’/Sterilise instruction relating to domestic water consumption across St Helena REMAINS IN PLACE
- 18: St Helena Major Milestone Reached for Development of Statistics! - St Helena (Business News) - 17.03.2012
- The National Strategy for the Development of Statistics (NSDS) has been formally endorsed by the Economy and Finance Committee and will now be implemented. This Strategy provides a framework for enhancement of St Helena’s statistical systems
- 19: St Helena OUTPATIENT CLINIC CHANGES - St Helena (Health) - 17.03.2012
- With effect from 1 April this year, Head O’Wain and Sandy Bay clinics will no longer operate.
The decision to close the clinics has been made as a result of low attendance and consequent inefficient use of medical and nursing staff time at these locations.
- 20: St Helena PROGRESS ON MAIN STREET, JAMESTOWN - St Helena (Tourism/Travel) - 17.03.2012
- St Helena Tourism has become aware that some concerns have been expressed about the work taking place regarding the pavements in Main Street.
- 21: St Helena Prepares for Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Celebrations - St Helena (Heritage) - 17.03.2012
- Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II came to the throne on 6th February 1952 and this year, 2012, marks The Diamond Jubilee - 60 years of the Queen’s Reign.
- 22: COMMONWEALTH DAY MESSAGE FROM H. M. T HE QUEEN - All (Heritage) - 17.03.2012
- One of the great benefits of today’s technology-based world is the range of opportunities it offers to understand and appreciate how others live: we can see, hear and enter into the experience of people in communities and circumstances far removed from our own.
- 23: HMS Montrose visits Tristan. - Tristan (Fisheries) - 06.03.2012
- On the afternoon of the 1st March the HMS Montrose called at Tristan on her way to the Falkland Islands. The weather was overcast and there was a swell running through the harbour and at the anchorage.
Photo (c) James Glass - HMS Montrose at anchor at Tristan da Cunha
- 24: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Dr Barry Elsby: - Falklands (Legal) - 05.03.2012
- Mr Speaker, in rising to support the Motion I would like to join with the Honourable Jan Cheek in expressing my personal sympathies towards the dead and the gravely injured in Argentina following the train crash yesterday.
- 25: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Ian Hansen: - Falklands (Legal) - 05.03.2012
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, since this Assembly last convened; I think it is fair to say that there has been a considerable flurry of activity on the political front, with Argentina making even more objectionable and ridiculous statements and requests at several international organisations, including the UN.
- 26: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mrs Sharon Halford: - Falklands (Legal) - 05.03.2012
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, in rising to support the Motion for Adjournment I would like to touch on a few issues.
- 27: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Gavin Short: - Falklands (Legal) - 05.03.2012
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, in rising to speak to the Motion for Adjournment, I would like to keep my comments briefer than normal because I know at least one Member wishes to take his son out to lunch.
- 28: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Mike Summers - Falklands (Legal) - 05.03.2012
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, I would like to provide my very warm welcome to Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner.
- 29: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Dick Sawle - Falklands (Legal) - 05.03.2012
- Mr Speaker, thank you very much, indeed. I was given a severe warning by my Honourable Colleague to my left that I have to be very short today so normally I don’t pay too much attention but today I thought I would make an exception.
- 30: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Roger Edwards - Falklands (Legal) - 05.03.2012
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Colleagues, in rising last to support the Motion for Adjournment is always difficult because things have probably been covered before but I would like to start by congratulating. I have three areas where I think people need congratulating.
- 31: Motion for Adjournment speech by Commander British Forces Brigadier Bill Aldridge - Falklands (Legal) - 05.03.2012
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, in a period of increased rhetoric and misinformation both in the UK and elsewhere, I thought it might be appropriate to add a bit of Military prospective.
- 32: Motion for Adjournment Speech by Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner: - Falklands (Legal) - 05.03.2012
- Mr Speaker, thank you for your indulgence in inviting me to address the Assembly. It is an honour that we could not give to you or to any other Members in the United States House of Representatives as our rules prevent that.
- 33: Motion for Adjournment Speech of The Hon Jan Cheek - Falklands (Business News) - 01.03.2012
- A meeting of Legislative Assembly took place in the Court and Assembly Chamber of the Town hall at 0930hrs on Thursday, 23 February 2012. Present were the Speaker, the Hon Mr Keith Biles (KB). The Acting Chief Executive, Mr Keith Padgett (KP), the Clerk of Assembly, Ms Claudette Anderson-Prior (CAP), the Attorney General, Mr Mark Lewis (ML), Commander British Forces South Atlantic, Brigadier Bill Aldridge (BA), the Hon Congressman Mr Frank James Sensenbrenner (R - WIS) Members of Legislative Assembly Jan Cheek (JC), Roger Edwards (RE), Dr Barry Elsby (BE), Sharon Halford (SH), Ian Hansen (IH), Dick Sawle (DS), Gavin Short (GS) and Mike Summers (MS).