|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | May 2013|
Articles published in May 2013Select individual articles below or view all 36 articles on one page.
36 articles published
|Jan (37)||Feb (45)||Mar (25)|
|Apr (54)||May (41)||Jun (56)|
|Jul (60)||Aug (47)||Sep (48)|
|Oct (42)||Nov (30)||Dec (25)|
|Jan (45)||Feb (28)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (44)||May (36)||Jun (61)|
|Jul (43)||Aug (57)||Sep (42)|
|Oct (41)||Nov (37)||Dec (36)|
- 1: BBC2 PLAN RELIGIOUS SERIES FOR THE FALKLANDS - Falklands (Heritage) - 27.05.2013
- Charlie Bennett of Tiger Aspect Productions would like to make a series about on unique island communities with a focus on the Church.
- 2: FLH Chairman Updates Corporation News - Falklands (Business News) - 25.05.2013
- Members of the Falklands landholdings Board have been updated on the latest news from the Corporation.
- 3: DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION UPDATES ON LATEST DEVELOPMENTS - Falklands (Education) - 25.05.2013
- Recruitment for the new Head-teacher is proceeding well and we anticipate the post will be filled by September.
- 4: INCREASE IN BASIC ISLAND PENSION & INCOME RELATED BENEFITS - St Helena (Business News) - 25.05.2013
- Recipients of Basic Island Pension (BIP) and Income Related Benefits (IRB) are to receive a 2% increase, backdated to 1 April 2013.
- 5: ST HELENA’S DAY CELEBRATIONS 2013 - St Helena (Heritage) - 25.05.2013
St Helena Flag Flies High over FCO for First Time
- 6: ENVIRONMENT & NATURAL RESOURCES - INTERIM DIRECTOR APPOINTED - St Helena (Environment) - 25.05.2013
- The current Director of the Environment and Natural Resources Directorate (ENRD), Tony Earnshaw, will depart St Helena on Sunday 26 May 2013. Tony is returning to the UK for vital and personal family reasons.
- 7: LAST CHANCE: PROVISIONAL ELECTORAL REGISTER - St Helena (Business News) - 25.05.2013
- The General Election will take place on Wednesday 17 July 2013. You will not be able to vote, or stand as a candidate, unless your name is on the Register of Electors.
- 8: WATER SHORTAGE ON ST HELENA – UPDATE - St Helena (Business News) - 25.05.2013
- Domestic water supplies on St Helena continue to be at very low levels and SHG and Connect Saint Helena Ltd appeal to all residents across the Island to use water conservatively and to limit their consumption.
- 9: FALKLANDS MLA REPRESENTS ISLANDS IN C-24 REGIONAL CONFERENCE - Falklands (Business News) - 25.05.2013
- The United nations has announced that Mike Summers will visit Ecuador to attend the C24 Regional Conference (C24 is the UN Special Committee on Decolonization) next week.
- 10: IAATO Report from the April South Georgia Newsletter - S.Georgia (Tourism/Travel) - 25.05.2013
- Two officials from GSGSSI attended the recent International Association of Antarctic Tour Operators (IAATO) conference in Punta Arenas, Chile between April 22 and 24th.
- 11: South Georgia Fishing and Shipping News - S.Georgia (Fisheries) - 25.05.2013
- The tourist season ended on April 7th with the visit of the last tourist ship Plancius with 53 passengers. This vessel and the one before it, Bark Europa on April 1st, were both heading north from the Island towards Tristan da Cunha.
- 12: Falklands squad for NatWest Island Games announced - S.Atlantic (Education) - 19.05.2013
- The full squad of competitors that will be representing the Falkland Islands at the upcoming NatWest Island Games has been announced. By Stacy Bragger (FIOGA)
- 13: St Helena COMMEMORATION OF THE DEATH OF NAPOLEON - St Helena (Heritage) - 19.05.2013
- On Sunday 5 May, many gathered at Alarm Forest to mark the commemoration of the death of Napoleon.
- 14: St Helena: RESURFACING OF MIDDLE WHARF - St Helena (Business News) - 19.05.2013
- The Middle Wharf Resurfacing Project is now entering its final few weeks and on completion will provide a new, structurally sound, safe and well engineered improvement to the wharf infrastructure.
- 15: St helena Explores The Joy of Stats - St Helena (Business News) - 19.05.2013
- A programme called the Joy of Stats will be broadcast on local TV on Monday 13 May at 7:30pm, repeating on Wednesday 15 and Friday 17 May, both at 7:30pm.
- 16: B.A.T WINS ST HELENA INTERNATIONAL HOUSING COMPETITION - St Helena (Business News) - 19.05.2013
- One of the top 20 young architecture practices of Spain has won the opportunity to develop a new generation of homes for St Helena. A jury of local residents decided to award BILBOKO ARKITEKTURA TALDEA (Bilbao Architecture Team) the first prize for a number of reasons.
- 17: ROYAL NAVY ‘RFA BLACK ROVER’ TO VISIT ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 19.05.2013
- The Royal Navy’s RFA Black Rover will visit St Helena from Monday 20 to Thursday 23 May 2013. Captain I N Pilling and his crew of 58 will be visiting St Helena on a routine call, before embarking on wider regional engagements.
- 18: St Helena GENERAL ELECTION 2013 DATE - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 19.05.2013
- The Acting Governor Owen¡¦ O¡¦Sullivan has now agreed a date for the General Election 2013, which will take place on Wednesday 17 July 2013.
- 19: St Helena EXCO MEETING OF 14 MAY 2013 - St Helena (Business News) - 19.05.2013
- ExCo sat this morning to consider a relatively light agenda, which is to be expected given purdah conventions.
- 20: ASCENSION ISLAND PROUDLY RAISES ITS NEW FLAG - St Helena (Heritage) - 19.05.2013
- On Saturday morning on 11 May 2013, many gathered outside the Ascension Island Government building in Georgetown to witness a significant occasion in the Island’s history.
- 21: Argentine Human Rights Group Meets With Falklands MLAs - Falklands (Business News) - 18.05.2013
- After agreeing to do so, two MLAs have met with five representatives of a human rights group from Chaco, Argentina in order to listen to their views on a number of issues resulting from the 1982 war.
- 22: Derek Muhl Returns as Interim Director of Health and Social Services - Falklands (Health) - 18.05.2013
- Derek Muhl, no stranger to the Falklands, has been appointed as Interim Director of Health and Social Services in order to provide continuity between the departure of David Jenkins, and the arrival of his substantive successor Hilary Rowland.
- 23: Falklands Mark Passing of Captain Mike Barrow - Falklands (Heritage) - 18.05.2013
- Michael Ernest Barrow, the son of a retired naval captain,
- 24: Falklands Note the Passing of Cambridge Scientist Joe Farman - Falklands (Heritage) - 18.05.2013
- The British Antarctic Survey scientist Joe Farman, who helped identify the "hole" in the ozone layer over the southern pole, died on Saturday, 11 May 2013.
- 25: Prince Harry Accepts Antarctica challenge - Falklands (Education) - 18.05.2013
- HRH Prince Harry has announced that he will take part in a race to the South Pole with a team of wounded British servicemen and women.
- 26: Falklands DIPLOMAS AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATES PRESENTED AT GOVERNMENT HOUSE - Falklands (Business News) - 18.05.2013
- Twenty five people received diplomas professional certificates at Government House on Tuesday, 07 May 2013.
- 27: ROCKHOPPER PROPOSES CANCELLATION SHARE PREMIUM ACCOUNT AND TO PURCHASE ITS OWN SHARES - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 05.05.2013
- Rockhopper Exploration has posted a Circular to Shareholders to seek their approval at a General Meeting to be held on 4 June 2013, for the Company to cancel its Share Premium Account and for the Directors to be given the authority for the Company to purchase its own Ordinary Shares.
- 28: Falklands EXECUTIVE COUNCIL Wednesday, 24 April 2013 - Falklands (Business News) - 05.05.2013
- The Hon Mr Ian Hansen MLA gave the Executive Council report this month.
- 29: FOGL publishes Final Results for the year ended 31 December 2012 - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 05.05.2013
- Falklands Oil and Gas Limited has announced the appointment of RBC Europe Limited, trading as RBC Capital Markets, as Nominated Adviser and Joint Broker with immediate effect.
- 30: Falklands Archery Association Receives foam target bosses - Falklands (Heritage) - 05.05.2013
- This week the Falklands Archery Association received its second consignment of foam target bosses funded generously by Argos Ltd.
- 31: RESEARCH INTO BIOLOGICAL EARWIG CONTROL IN THE FALKLANDS APPROVED BY ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITTEE - Falklands (Environment) - 05.05.2013
- At a public meeting held on 15 April 2013 Dr the Hon Barry Elsby, MLA said that FIG was looking into a biological method of controlling European Earwigs.
- 32: FALKLANDS’ LAW COURTS REVIEWED BY MOJ TEAM - Falklands (Legal) - 05.05.2013
- A team from the Ministry of justice in London have been assisting with reviewing practices, procedures and infrastructure of the Falkland Islands’ Law Courts System.
- 33: Falklands - Opportunities Proposed for Air Terminal - Falklands (Business News) - 05.05.2013
- As part of the localisation programme for Mount Pleasant Airport the Falkland Islands Development Corporation has set forward proposals for the operation of the Air Terminal.
- 34: TONY EARNSHAW TO DEPART ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 05.05.2013
- Tony Earnshaw, Director of the Environment and Natural Resources Directorate (ENRD), is to leave St Helena, departing on Sunday 26 May 2013.
- 35: VISIT BY LUCY FAITHFUL FOUNDATION – CHILD SAFEGUARDING IN ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 05.05.2013
- Mr Mike Sheath (pictured) and Mr Adrian Todd from the Lucy Faithful Foundation will arrive on St Helena on 11 May 2013 for two weeks
- 36: St Helena: PUBLICATION OF SOCIAL POLICY PLAN DELAYED - St Helena (Business News) - 05.05.2013
- The first draft of the Social Policy Plan was due to be completed and shared at scheduled community meetings during May and June, following the series of participation meetings that took place earlier in the year.