|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | October 2013|
Articles published in October 2013Select individual articles below or view all 41 articles on one page.
41 articles published
|Jan (37)||Feb (45)||Mar (25)|
|Apr (54)||May (41)||Jun (56)|
|Jul (60)||Aug (47)||Sep (48)|
|Oct (42)||Nov (1)|
|Jan (45)||Feb (28)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (44)||May (36)||Jun (61)|
|Jul (43)||Aug (57)||Sep (42)|
|Oct (41)||Nov (37)||Dec (36)|
|Jan (32)||Feb (30)||Mar (33)|
|Apr (34)||May (37)||Jun (64)|
|Jul (56)||Aug (62)||Sep (59)|
|Oct (59)||Nov (43)||Dec (35)|
- 1: ELECTION MANIFESTO OF CANDY BLACKLEY - Falklands (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- ELECTION MANIFESTO OF CANDY BLACKLEY
- 2: ELECTION MANIFESTO OF MELANIE GILDING - Falklands (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- I am standing for election to strive for the rejuvenation of Camp and for a better standard of living for everyone. The depopulation of Camp in recent years needs to be reversed.
- 3: THE ELECTION MANIFESTO OF TESLYN BARKMAN - Falklands (Business News) - 26.10.2013
I am a 6th generation Islander. I have simple values and I believe that you shouldn’t make sensationalist claims to secure votes. What you need to know is that the person that you have elected will work honestly and hard for your views and what’s best for the future of the whole Islands
- 4: Election Statement of Faith Felton - Falklands (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- I am standing for election on November 7th because I want to do my bit and my best to improve the lot of the Falkland Islands and its people; I have no desire to improve my own lot in life without taking you with me!
- 5: LIBRA 12bn BARREL POTENTIAL: BRASIL TAKES TWO STEPS BACK - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 26.10.2013
- At 1500 sq km Brasil’s Libra discovery could be key to that country’s hopes of becoming a major oil producer.
- 6: OFFICIAL LIST OF CANDIDATES FOR FALKLANDS’ ELECTION ANNOUNCED - Falklands (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- Eleven Stanley candidates and five Camp Candidates have thrown their hats in the ring for the 7 November 2013 Election.
- 7: Falklands Archery Association celebrate second year - Falklands (Heritage) - 26.10.2013
- Falklands Archery Association had a lot to celebrate at the end of its second year when its members, guests, friends and family gathered together at the Malvina House Hotel.
- 8: ELECTION NEWS: General Election - 7 November 2013 - Falklands (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- Elizabeth Jayne Dent has been appointed Deputy Returning Officer in connection with the General Election to be held on 7 November 2013.
- 9: TEMPORARY PORT COULD BE EAST OF FIPASS - Falklands (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- A presentation by Noble Energy (Falklands) Limited attracted approximately 80 members of the public to the narrows Bar on Thursday, 10th October 2013 at 1730hrs.
- 10: Commonwealth and Olympic greats Wells and Hoy to play roles in Queen's Baton ceremony - Falklands (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- Her Majesty The Queen will launch the Glasgow 2014 Queen’s Baton Relay at Buckingham Palace next week (Wednesday, 9 October) at a public ceremony featuring Scotland’s greatest-ever Commonwealth and Olympic athletes, Allan Wells MBE and Sir Chris Hoy MBE.
- 11: Former red plumb for the scrap heap - Falklands (Heritage) - 26.10.2013
- HMS Endurance also known as Red Plum, which was replaced by HMS Protector in 2011, is due to be scrapped. HMS Endurance was damaged when its engine control room flooded off the Chilean coast in 2008.
- 12: FALKLANDS 14 VISIT URUGUAY - Falklands (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- A group of 14 people arrived in Montevideo to strengthen trade ties between Uruguay and the Falklands .
- 13: ST HELENA EXCO REPORT- 22 OCTOBER 2013 - St Helena (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- The first item concerned a number of follow up actions pertaining to the Telecommunications and TV Broadcasting Licence that were issued to Sure Atlantic Ltd last year.
- 14: A NEW CHIEF OF POLICE FOR ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- Trevor Botting who recently arrived on Island will take on the role as Police Chief for a contract period of three years.
- 15: ROCKFALL ON LADDER HILL ROAD - St Helena (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- On Thursday afternoon last week there was a Rockfall that occurred on Ladder Hill Road. The Rockguards responded immediately to investigate and the rock was found to have landed just above China Lane. At approximately 50cm across this was one of the largest to land on the road in recent years.
- 16: ROAD CLOSURE – WEEK 1 PROGRESS REPORT - St Helena (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- The public were advised that with effect from Monday 14 October 2013, the road between the Briars and Gordons Post would be closed for 10 weeks, to allow essential works to take place. Work has begun on wall repairs, slipper drains, patching, surfacing and laying the new water main.
- 17: CONTACTING ST HELENA GOVERNMENT - Falklands (Business News) - 26.10.2013
As part of its drive to make better use of limited funds and to strengthen lines of accountability within Government, SHG has been undergoing continuous modernising and restructuring to allow for a more customer focused coordinated approach.
- 18: FINANCIAL AND FORENSIC AUDIT TRAINER - St Helena (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- On Island for three weeks is Financial and Forensic Audit Trainer Llewelyn Williams. Llewelyn will conduct a series of training sessions in HM Customs and Revenue in the area of process checking to ensure the local Tax Office staff develop the correct skills and principles to access and analyse information.
- 19: PILLING PRIMARY SCHOOL MATHS WORKSHOP - St Helena (Education) - 26.10.2013
- “Useful and informative, good to learn about the different strategies”, “Knowing what my child is learning about and how we can help him at home”, “Learning about the strategies used - different to what we are used to”, “The enthusiasm of the teachers” -
- 20: St Helena's PEACOCK BUTTERFLY - S.Atlantic (Environment) - 26.10.2013
- A live Peacock butterfly was found flying in a container from the UK following the arrival of the RMS voyage 198. It was spotted by a member of the public and removed by a customs officer, before being handed over to the Biosecurity Team.
A live Peacock butterfly was found flying in a container from the UK following the arrival of the RMS voyage 198. It was spotted by a member of the public and removed by a customs officer, before being handed over to the Biosecurity Team
- 21: The St Helena Fishermen’s Association - St Helena (Fisheries) - 26.10.2013
- The St Helena Fishermen’s Association held its Annual General Meeting at Pilling School on Saturday, 21 September at 10am.
- 22: SHFC / SHFA Exploratory Visit to Cape Town - St Helena (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- The St Helena Fisheries Corporation, with the support of Enterprise St Helena, continues to explore options for the development of the Island’s offshore fisheries.
- 23: St Helena FINANCIAL STATEMENTS FOR 2011-12 SIGNED OFF - St Helena (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- At the most recent open session of Executive Council the first ever set of Financial Statements for St Helena Government (SHG), on an accruals basis, under the International Public Sector Accounting Standards was signed by the Financial Secretary
- 24: St Helena ENVIRONMENTAL POLICIES – PUBLIC CONSULTATIONS - St Helena (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- The Environmental Management Division currently has three draft environmental policies out for public consultation; these are Underwater Blasting, Peaks National Park Management Development Plan and Environmental Research Permitting.
- 25: St Helena CONSTITUENCY MEETINGS - St Helena (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- Legislative Councillors will be holding a series of public meetings in November. During the Constituency meetings there will be a minimum of three Legislative Council representatives present at each meeting.
- 26: St Helena SAFER PESTICIDE PRACTICES - St Helena (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- In August, the four main importers of pesticides to the island, Queen Mary Stores, Solomon & Company, St Helena Growers Co-operative Society and WA Thorpe and Sons signed a voluntary code of practice
- 27: St Helena HARFORD SCHOOL PROMOTES DROP EVERYTHING AND READ - S.Atlantic (Education) - 26.10.2013
- Harford Primary School hosted a drop everything and read day (DEAR) on Friday the 11 October. Drop everything and read encouraged parents, family members and guardians to interact with children, listening to them read and guest speakers were also present reading to pupils.
- 28: St Helena ROAD CLOSURE AND PUBLIC TRANSPORT - St Helena (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- To reduce the impact of the Briars to Gordon’s Post road closure on members of the public, it has been agreed that there will not be any increase in bus fares for passengers utilising the public transport service routes A and G as a result of the longer journey into Jamestown.
- 29: St Helena FORMAL LEGCO - MONDAY 14 OCTOBER 2013 - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- Legislative Council will meet formally on Monday 14 October, at 10am in the Court House, Jamestown. This session is expected to last for the day.
- 30: St Helena CHILD PROTECTION ON ST HELENA AND ASCENSION ISLAND: REPORT BY THE LUCY FAITHFUL FOUNDATION - St Helena (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- The governments of St Helena and Ascension Island recognise their responsibility to protect the vulnerable in society, especially children. Following the improvements that flowed from the ‘Safeguarding Children in the Overseas Territories Programme’
- 31: ROLLING PROCUREMENT PLAN - St Helena (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- As part of St Helena Government’s (SHG) commitment to increase transparency in the Procurement process, SHG has today, for the first time, made available to the public a Rolling Procurement Plan. This plan is intended to give the public increased visibility into the future procurement requirements of SHG
- 32: ST HELENA POLICE SERVICE: REVIEWING PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS - St Helena (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- Mr Chris Thomson and Mr Paul Foggin arrived on St Helena this week.
- 33: St Helena BIOSECURITY FILM TO BE SHOW ON LOCAL TV - St Helena (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- A short five minute film displaying the biosecurity process will be shown on local TV 1 from Wednesday 9 October to Saturday 12 October at 8.pm.
- 34: St Helena EXCO REPORT: 8 OCTOBER 2013 - St Helena (Business News) - 26.10.2013
- The first item on the open agenda was the information paper on revised fuel prices. The purpose of this item was to provide a background to the recent changes in fuel prices,
- 35: BFBS Changes Television Delivery in the Falklands - Falklands (Business News) - 05.10.2013
- BFBS is making some changes to its delivery of television to the public of the Falkland Islands from the 15th of October.
- 36: Stanley Services Ltd Refurbishes Darwin Lodge - Falklands (Business News) - 05.10.2013
- After purchasing Darwin House in October 2012, Stanley Services Limited have announced that refurbishment works have commenced to the iconic East Falkland Lodge.
- 37: NEW TRISTAN DA CUNHA ADMINISTRATOR APPOINTED - Tristan (Gen - Government) - 05.10.2013
- Governor Mark Capes has appointed a new Administrator for Tristan da Cunha, Mr Alex Mitham.
- 38: NEW PROCUREMENT REGULATIONS IMPLEMENTED - St Helena (Business News) - 05.10.2013
- The Governor has recently approved the new Procurement Regulations which replace the Contract Regulations 2006.
- 39: SOCIO-ECONOMIST FOR ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 05.10.2013
- Arriving to the Island on 22 September 2013 was Socio-Economist, Thomas Holvey.
- 40: St Helena WATER SITUATION RETURNS TO NORMAL - St Helena (Business News) - 05.10.2013
- In May of this year Connect Saint Helena Ltd and St Helena Government (SHG) declared an Island-wide sprinkler and hosepipe ban. With dry weather forecast for the months ahead domestic water levels on St Helena, especially in the Redhill area
- 41: BIRTHDAY HONOURS: OVERSEAS LIST - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 05.10.2013
- Persons wishing to submit nominations are reminded that the overriding principle is that honours are awarded on merit for