|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | November 2013|
Articles published in November 2013Select individual articles below or view all 37 articles on one page.
37 articles published
|Jan (40)||Feb (54)||Mar (57)|
|Apr (39)||May (38)||Jun (53)|
|Jul (48)||Aug (52)||Sep (50)|
|Jan (37)||Feb (45)||Mar (25)|
|Apr (54)||May (41)||Jun (56)|
|Jul (60)||Aug (47)||Sep (48)|
|Oct (42)||Nov (30)||Dec (27)|
|Jan (45)||Feb (28)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (44)||May (36)||Jun (61)|
|Jul (43)||Aug (57)||Sep (42)|
|Oct (41)||Nov (37)||Dec (36)|
- 1: Speech by Theresa May, Home Secretary, to the Society of Editors on 11 November 2013 - Falklands (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- I don’t need to tell anyone sitting in this room that the print media are facing extremely difficult times.
- 2: Lord Grade of Yarmouth Speech Before Society of Editors - Falklands (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- Michael Grade has had a long and distinguished career in broadcasting, encompassing London Weekend Television, the BBC, ITV, as well as over nine years as Chief Executive of Channel Four Television.
- 3: OPENING UP THE FAMILY COURTS TRANSPARENCY IN THE FAMILY COURT AND THE COURT OF PROTECTION - Falklands (Legal) - 30.11.2013
- Speech by Sir James Munby, President of the Family Division and President of the Court of Protection at the Annual Conference of the Society of Editors ‘Freedom to Inform’ London 11 November 2013
- 4: Freedom to Inform Conference, Monday 11 November 2013 David Price QC: After-Dinner Address - Falklands (Legal) - 30.11.2013
- A tough statutory incentive to join a non-statutory entirely voluntary self-regulator aka “I’ll make him an offer he can’t refuse”
- 5: Falklands: Executive Council Report 20 November 2013 - Falklands (Legal) - 30.11.2013
- There was a short agenda for this meeting of Executive Council attended by MLA's Barry Elsby, Phyl Rendell and Mike Summers.
- 6: FALKLANDS AQUACULTURAL ADVANCE - Falklands (Fisheries) - 30.11.2013
- One of the Falklands leading Seafood Companies, Fortuna, has invested in a pilot brown trout farm facility in the Falkland Islands.
- 7: Falklands: PORTFOLIOS ASSIGNED FOR NEW MEMBERS OF LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY - Falklands (Legal) - 30.11.2013
- Newly©elected Members of Legislative Assembly for the Falkland Islands have assigned their portfolio responsibilities for the term of office.
- 8: St Helena COMMONWEALTH ESSAY GOLD WINNER - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- Every year, the Commonwealth Essay Competition encourages and inspires young writers to submit their stories from all over the world.
- 9: St Helena: SOCIAL WELFARE REVIEW PUBLISHED - St Helena (Health) - 30.11.2013
- Today sees the publication on SHG¡¦s website of the St Helena Social Welfare Review, a report by Roy Sainsbury and Jonathan Bradshaw of the University of York.
- 10: St Helena: EXCO REPORT - 19 NOVEMBER 2013 - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 19 November 2013, to discuss one item on the open agenda.
- 11: St Helena: INCREASES IN BIP AND IRB - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- SHG is pleased to announce that recipients of Basic Island Pension (BIP) and Income Related Benefits (IRB) will receive an increase in their weekly allowance from 1 December 2013. This was agreed by Executive Council on 14 November 2013.
- 12: St Helena: CONSTITUENCY MEETINGS IN NOVEMBER - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 30.11.2013
- Legislative Councillors are holding a series of public meetings in November. During each meeting there will be a minimum of three Members present
- 13: St Helena: CHANGES TO PUBLIC TRANSPORT - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- One of the objectives of St Helena’s Sustainable Development Plan is to facilitate private, public, tourist and business development across the Island through an improved public transport system
- 14: SHG SEEKS COMMENTS ON NEW HOUSING POLICIES - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- St Helena Government is seeking comments from the public on a range of new housing policies.
- 15: St Helena: ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE MEETING, 7 NOVEMBER 2013 - SUMMARY - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- An Economic Development Committee meeting was held on 7 November 2013 in the Council Chamber at the Castle.
- 16: St Helena: 2012-13 EXAMINATIONS REPORT - St Helena (Education) - 30.11.2013
- At the last meeting of the Education Committee, Chairperson, the Hon Christine Scipio-O’Dean and Committee members, received a report which set out details of the performance of St Helena’s schools during 2012-13.
- 17: St Helena: POST OFFICE AND CSC IMPROVEMENTS - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- As part of our ongoing commitment to improving services within SHG, The Post Office & and Customer Service Centre (CSC) we will be introducing a number of changes that will be both visible to the public and behind the scenes.
- 18: REMEMBRANCE DAY ON ST HELENA AND IN LONDON - St Helena (Heritage) - 30.11.2013
- The traditional Remembrance Day Service was held at the Cenotaph on the seafront
- 19: St Helena: OLYMPIC TROLLEYS - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- Twenty five luggage trolleys arrived on the RMS on 30 October 2013 and were used for the first time on 6 November, when passengers disembarked the RMS and proceeded through Immigration and Customs control.
- 20: St Helena: COUNCILLOR DOLLERY APPOINTED TO PAC - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- At this morning’s formal Legislative Council meeting, Councillor Nigel Dollery was elected to serve as a member of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC).
- 21: St Helena: JOHN CRANFIELD APPOINTED JUSTICE OF THE PEACE - St Helena (Legal) - 30.11.2013
- John Cranfield of Jamestown has been appointed a Justice of the Peace (JP) in and for the Island of St Helena.
- 22: St Helena: SUPREME COURT ADJUDICATION – 8 November 2013 - St Helena (Legal) - 30.11.2013
- ..in St Helena’s Supreme Court, Jeromy Cairns Wicks pleaded guilty to downloading indecent images from the internet onto his computer. This is the first prosecution of this category on St Helena and follows an investigation in which computer materials were seized during the execution of a warrant
- 23: BANK OF ST HELENA YOUTH GAMES OPEN - St Helena (Heritage) - 30.11.2013
- On Friday 22 November Bank of St Helena Ltd (BOSH) launched its eighth sponsored Youth Games, which runs from 22 November to 18 December.
- 24: NEW RECRUITS FOR ST HELENA POLICE - St Helena (Business News) - 30.11.2013
- The St Helena Police and Prison Service has recently welcomed four additions to their ranks - a Probation Officer and three Police Constables from the UK
- 25: St Helena: EDUCATION COMMITTEE MEETING, 20 NOVEMBER 2013 ¡V SUMMARY - St Helena (Education) - 30.11.2013
- The Education Committee met on 20 November 2013 at the Education Learning Centre
- 26: St Helena: ST PAUL’S PRIMARY SCHOOL’S MATHS WORKSHOP - St Helena (Education) - 30.11.2013
- On Monday evening, on 18 November, a Mathematics Workshop was held at St Paul’s Primary School.
- 27: RMS ST HELENA - SHG CONTACT - St Helena (Shipping/Freight) - 30.11.2013
- Following the departure of Julian Morris from Enterprise St Helena (ESH), the Shipping Officer role - as defined in the Tripartite Agreement between St Helena Line Ltd (SHL), St Helena Government (SHG) and the Department for International Development (DfID) - has now been transferred from ESH to SHG.
- 28: JOINT MINISTERIAL COUNCIL IN LONDON - All (Gen - Government) - 30.11.2013
- Councillor Lawson Henry and Assistant Financial Secretary, Dax Richards, this week represents St Helena at the annual Joint Ministerial Council (JMC) at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) in London.
- 29: Falklands: 2013 GENERAL ELECTION RESULTS - Falklands (Legal) - 08.11.2013
- A general election was held in the Falklands on 07 November 2013, with 16 candidates vying for eight seats on the legislative Assembly.
- 30: ELECTION MANIFESTO OF JOHN BIRMINGHAM - Falklands (Business News) - 02.11.2013
- Good evening. My name is John Birmingham. I am standing for election because I am committed to and believe I have something to offer the Islands I came to nearly 40 years ago. I am married to Louise and have a son, Joe, who is away at University. I also have a daughter, Alex, who works within Education and I have a grandson, James.
- 31: ELECTION MANIFESTO OF MELANIE GILDING - Falklands (Business News) - 02.11.2013
- I am standing for election to strive for the rejuvenation of Camp and for a better standard of living for everyone. The depopulation of Camp in recent years needs to be reversed. The country’s land should be occupied.
- 32: THE ELECTION MANIFESTO OF LYNDA BUCKLAND - Falklands (Business News) - 02.11.2013
- I am 45 years of age – a 7th generation Islander who is extremely proud of my heritage. I want my daughter and grandchildren to be equally proud.
- 33: ELECTION MANIFESTO OF PHYL RENDELL - Falklands (Business News) - 02.11.2013
- I am standing for election for the Camp constituency because I want to contribute to improving people’s lives and to help increase prosperity in the Camp.
- 34: THE ELECTION MANIFESTO OF JAN CHEEK - Falklands (Business News) - 02.11.2013
- The next Assembly will face a most challenging and exciting time in the Islands' history.
- 35: CLOSING DATE FOR 2014 BIRTHDAY HONOURS - St Helena (Heritage) - 02.11.2013
- The public are reminded that the closing date for submitting nominations for the Queen’s 2014 Birthday Honours is Friday, 8 November 2013.
- 36: 100 Years for St Helena's 'Ma Flo' - St Helena (Business News) - 02.11.2013
- To celebrate the 100th Birthday of Mrs Florence Richards - better known as ‘Ma Flo’- a tea party was hosted by His Excellency Governor and Mrs Capes on Monday 28 October at Plantation House.
- 37: St Helena: CONSTITUENCY MEETINGS IN NOVEMBER - St Helena (Business News) - 02.11.2013
- Legislative Councillors will be holding a series of public meetings in November. During the Constituency meetings there will be a minimum of three members present at each meeting.