|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | December 2013|
Articles published in December 2013Select individual articles below or view all 36 articles on one page.
36 articles published
|Jan (40)||Feb (54)||Mar (57)|
|Apr (39)||May (38)||Jun (53)|
|Jul (21)||Aug (0)|
|Jan (37)||Feb (45)||Mar (25)|
|Apr (54)||May (41)||Jun (56)|
|Jul (60)||Aug (47)||Sep (48)|
|Oct (42)||Nov (30)||Dec (27)|
|Jan (45)||Feb (28)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (44)||May (36)||Jun (61)|
|Jul (43)||Aug (57)||Sep (42)|
|Oct (41)||Nov (37)||Dec (36)|
- 1: FALKLANDS APPOINT NEW DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES - Falklands (Gen - Government) - 22.12.2013
- The Falkland Islands Government has appointed Graeme Jackson as Director of the Human Resources Department.
- 2: Falkland Islands Government IT Service to be outsourced to Private Sector - Falklands (Business News) - 22.12.2013
- A contract for the provision of IT services to Government has been struck between the Falkland Islands Government and Synergy Information Systems Ltd.
- 3: Rockhopper Exploration plc Agrees Resolution of Capital Gains Tax Liability - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 22.12.2013
- Rockhopper Exploration plc has announced an agreement in principle with the Falkland Islands Government ("FIG") regarding the timing and quantum of the Capital Gains Tax ("CGT") liability due as a result of its farm out to Premier Oil of a 60 per cent equity interest in its Sea Lion discovery.
- 4: Falklands Executive Council Report 11 December 2013 - Falklands (Legal) - 22.12.2013
- The first item discussed was Fishing Access Fees for 2014. The Director of Natural Resources also attended.
- 5: Falklands: Staff Changes at FIDC - Falklands (Business News) - 22.12.2013
- On Wednesday, Marc Boucher, General Manager of the Falkland Islands Development Corporation and the FIDC agreed that Marc’s employment
- 6: FIFCA CHAIR REVIEWS 2013 FISHERY INDUSTRY ACTIVITIES - Falklands (Fisheries) - 22.12.2013
- As we near the end of the year it’s a great chance for us to look both backwards and forwards.
- 7: FOREIGN OFFICE ACCUSES ARGENTINA OF ‘COMMERCIAL BULLYING - Falklands (Business News) - 22.12.2013
- The UK Press and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office have reported that Britain has accused Argentina of "bullying tactics" were baseless attempts by Argentina to outlaw oil and gas drilling in the waters around the Falkland Islands.
- 8: LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY 12 DECEMBER 2013 Part 1: Questions, Motions and Legislation - Falklands (Legal) - 22.12.2013
- A meeting of Legislative Assembly took place at 0930hrs on Thursday, 12 December 2013. Present were Members Cheek, Edwards. Elsby, Hansen Poole, Rendell, Short and Summers.
- 9: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Mike Summers (Dec 13) - Falklands (Legal) - 22.12.2013
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members (there are) just a couple of issues to touch on. I know that all members of the public will be interested to know the progress we are making in respect of ...
- 10: Motion for Adjournment Speech by The Hon Mrs Phyl Rendell (Dec 13) - Falklands (Legal) - 22.12.2013
- I would just like to say a few words particularly about my portfolios.
- 11: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Ian hansen (Dec 13) - Falklands (Legal) - 22.12.2013
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, my Motion for Adjournment (speech) today is also themed around portfolio issues and in particular Central Services (obviously).
- 12: Motion for Adjournment Speech by The Hon Mr Michael Poole (Dec 13) - Falklands (Legal) - 22.12.2013
- Thank you Mr Speaker, Honourable members – one month in and my second Motion for Adjournment (speech) so I hope I will be a little bit more coherent than the first one.
- 13: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Roger Edwards (Dec 13) - Falklands (Legal) - 22.12.2013
- Mr Speaker, to follow the theme, I suppose I should also apologise to the people hold posts within my portfolios because twixt the last Assembly Meeting and this I have been overseas. I do apologise.
- 14: Motion for Adjournment Speech by the Hon Mr Gavin Short (Dec 13) - Falklands (Legal) - 22.12.2013
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, In rising to support the Motion for Adjournment I wish I could leap up and report for this festive season that all was happiness but alas what I am about to say isn’t going to make very comfortable listening for some folk. But it has to be said.
- 15: Motion for Adjournment Speech by The Hon Dr Barry Elsby (Dec 13) - Falklands (Legal) - 22.12.2013
- Mr Speaker, Honourable members, I don’t know if I can follow that but coming last – it is always a privilege coming last because you can keep your comments….. (clears his throat)
- 16: MOTION FOR ADJOURNMENT SPEECH BY JAN CHEEK - Falklands (Legal) - 22.12.2013
- Mr Speaker, Honourable Members, first I would like to refer back to a comment of the Honourable Michael Poole on the possibility of a Credit Union and of course I share his enthusiasm for that idea and further, I am not discouraged by the fact that there are only 20 responses to the consultation on it.
- 17: ANNUAL CHARITY FIRE-ENGINE PULL NETS £1,743.52 FOR LOCAL CHARITY - Falklands (Heritage) - 22.12.2013
- The Falkland Islands Fire & Rescue Service have raised £1,743.52 for the Stephen Jaffray Memorial Fund.
- 18: 99th Anniversary of Battle of the Falklands Celebrated in Stanley - Falklands (Heritage) - 22.12.2013
- A celebration to mark the 99th anniversary of the Battle of the Falklands took place in Stanley on Sunday, 08 December 2013.
- 19: PRIME MINISTER’S CHRISTMAS MESSAGE TO THE FALKLAND ISLANDS - Falklands (Heritage) - 20.12.2013
- 2013 will be remembered as a momentous year in the history of the Falkland Islands.
- 20: FALKLAND ISLANDS ALLOCATED €5.9MILLION UNDER NEW AGREEMENT WITH THE EUROPEAN UNION - Falklands (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- The European Commission today announced that the Falkland Islands has been allocated a sum of €5.9million to support economic development activities between 2014 and 2020.
- 21: IT’S OVER: DESIRE SHARES SUSPENDED ON THURSDAY - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 06.12.2013
- Desire petroleum has announced that as of 0730hrs on Thursday, 05 December 2013 it will cease trading on the London Stock Exchange.
- 22: IJS & CE Archery Club Shoots at a a Level They Can be Proud of - S.Atlantic (Education) - 06.12.2013
- The last seven weeks has seen the biggest group of students taking part in the IJS &CE Archery Club including two from Camp
- 23: FIG STATES THE OBVIOUS OVER ARGENTINE OIL COMPANY THREATS - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 06.12.2013
- The Argentine Congress passed a law last Thursday that could lead to 15 years in prison and heavy fines for entities exploring for and exploiting hydrocarbons in Falklands’ waters.
- 24: BRASILIAN DELEGATION IN FALKLANDS VISIT - Falklands (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- A five-person delegation from Brasil has come to the Falklands on a familiarisation visit. Clarita Maiabio, Legislative Advisor to the Brasilian Federal State, Simon, Joanisval Brito Goncalves, Senator and member of the Joint Committee on Intelligence Oversight, Gustavo Bernard, Political Advisor for Senator Ana Amelia, Celia de Morais, Political Advisor for Senator Luis Henrique and Andrew Ford, 1st Secretary (Political) at the British Embassy...
- 25: St Helena: PRINCE ANDREW SCHOOL AWARDS CEREMONY - St Helena (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- The Prince Andrew School Awards ceremony was held in the school hall on the morning of Thursday 29 November.
- 26: NEW ATTORNEY GENERAL FOR ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- His Excellency Governor Capes has appointed Frank Wastell as the new Attorney General for St Helena, following Ken Baddon’s tenure. Mr Baddon relinquished Office on 30 November 2013.
- 27: STERLING ON ST HELENA - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- Over the past month, discussions have been held between St Helena Government (SHG) and the Bank of St Helena (BOSH) to try and find a solution to the lack of Sterling currency on the Island at the current time.
- 28: DFID INFRASTRUCTURE ADVISERS VISIT ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- John Bowker, DFID’s Infrastructure Adviser and Pauline Scott, DFID’s Deputy Programme Manager, arrived on Island on Monday 25 November.
- 29: St Helena: EXCO REPORT: 3 DECEMBER 2013 - St Helena (Legal) - 06.12.2013
- Executive Council met today to discuss three items on the open agenda.
- 30: St Helena: PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER GAINS MASTERS DEGREE - St Helena (Education) - 06.12.2013
- Public Relations Officer Kerisha Stevens has recently gained a Masters Degree in Communications, Media and Public Relations from the University of Leicester.
- 31: ST HELENA DARWIN SUCCESS - St Helena (Environment) - 06.12.2013
- The Overseas Territories Environment and Climate Fund (Darwin Plus) was launched last year by the UK Government, with the aim of helping to deliver long-term strategic outcomes for the natural environment in the UK’s Overseas Territories.
- 32: St Helena: HOUSING TOUR WED 11 DECEMBER - St Helena (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- Housing Executive, Andy Crowe, and Housing Management Officer, Tracy Thomas, will carry out a series of visits on Wednesday 11 December
- 33: Seasonal Message from SHG Housing Executive Andy Crowe - St Helena (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- “December can be a really expensive time, especially for families, so SHG’s housing team wishes to remind everyone to make sure that their housing costs are considered.
- 34: St Helena: UPDATED CONTRACTS REGISTER PUBLISHED - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 06.12.2013
- As part of St Helena Government’s (SHG) commitment to increase transparency in the Procurement process, SHG has today made available to the public an updated Contracts Register
- 35: St helena: RFA DARKDALE ¡V NEXT STEPS - St Helena (Business News) - 06.12.2013
- In May 2012 a Ministry of Defence (MOD) team from Salvage and Marine Operations, supported by environmental scientists from RPS Consultants, visited St Helena to survey the wreck of the RFA Darkdale and the surrounding James¡¦ Bay.
- 36: St Helena: PIGEON CULLING AT HORSE POINT - St Helena (Environment) - 06.12.2013
- EMD will be undertaking Feral Pigeon Culling at Horse Point Landfill Site on a monthly basis between December 2013 and March 2014, in an effort to reduce pigeon numbers as part of the mitigation of bird strike risk to aircraft in advance of the Airport certification process.