|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | January 2014|
Articles published in January 2014Select individual articles below or view all 37 articles on one page.
37 articles published
|Jan (37)||Feb (45)||Mar (25)|
|Apr (54)||May (41)||Jun (56)|
|Jul (60)||Aug (47)||Sep (48)|
|Oct (42)||Nov (30)||Dec (25)|
|Jan (45)||Feb (28)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (44)||May (36)||Jun (61)|
|Jul (43)||Aug (57)||Sep (42)|
|Oct (41)||Nov (37)||Dec (36)|
- 1: Reverend Canon JOHN GERVASE MAURICE WALKER (Gerry) MURPHY LVO - Falklands (Heritage) - 31.01.2014
- Reverend Canon JOHN GERVASE MAURICE WALKER (Gerry) LVO, 87, an extra Chaplin to HM Queen Elizabeth II, died peacefully at home on Ringstead Road, Heacham on January 7th, 2014.
- 2: Rockhopper Updates Sea Lion Project - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 31.01.2014
- Rockhopper Exploration plc, has announced that it has completed the concept selection process for the Sea Lion Development with partner Premier Oil.
- 3: ARGENTINE VOTES SKEWED TELEGRAPH POLL - Falklands (Business News) - 31.01.2014
- It appears that the Telegraph poll was heavily skewed with the overwhelming majority of votes coming from Argentina.
- 4: SOUTH GEORGIA CELEBRATES POSESSOPN DAY - S.Georgia (Heritage) - 31.01.2014
- The 218th anniversary of Captain Cook’s possession of the South Atlantic Island of south Georgia for King George III was commemorated ...
- 5: ARGENTINES CONTINUE FALKLANDS CLAIM IN CUBA - Falklands (Business News) - 31.01.2014
- Argentine Foreign Minister, Hector Timerman has again staked an Argentine claim on the Falkland Islands, this time at the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States Conference (CELAC),
- 6: VISITING FOOTBALLER OSVALDO ‘OSSIE’ ARDILES COMES OFF THE ROAD NEAR DARWIN - S.Atlantic (Health) - 31.01.2014
- Ex-Tottenham Hotspurs player, Ossie Ardiles, was involved in a single vehicle road traffic accident (RTA) on the Darwin to Stanley road shortly after 1900hours on Monday 20th January 2014.
- 7: MLA SUMMERS VISITS AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND - Falklands (Business News) - 31.01.2014
- The Honourable Mike Summers MLA is visiting New Zealand and Australia this month as part of a regional tour.
- 8: Falklands: PUBLIC MEETING: MONDAY, 27 JANUARY 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 31.01.2014
- A public meeting took place in the Christ Church Cathedral Parish Hall at 1700hrs on Monday, 27 January 2014.
- 9: Response to Court News - PN 24th January 2014 - Falklands (Business News) - 31.01.2014
- I would like to respond to the comments of the Senior Magistrate as reported in ‘Court News’ in PN of 24th January and assure readers that the Falkland Islands Government is committed to and is actively addressing problems with access to the law as well as improving prosecution practice.
- 10: St Helena: HUMAN RESOURCES STAFF GAIN AWARDS - St Helena (Business News) - 31.01.2014
- In a presentation this afternoon, eleven Human Resources personnel from St Helena Government and Solomon and Company were awarded certificates of qualification in HR Practice, from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- 11: St Helena: DIVERSION OF RMS - St Helena (Business News) - 31.01.2014
- St Helena Line Ltd has this afternoon advised that, as a consequence of an onboard medical emergency, it has been necessary to divert the RMS to Walvis Bay, Namibia, it being the nearest port. The decision was taken this afternoon, Monday 27 January 2014.
- 12: St Helena: RMS DIVERSION – UPDATE - St Helena (Business News) - 31.01.2014
- At 2.30pm this afternoon, local time, the RMS arrived at the pilot station in Walvis Bay, Namibia, as planned.
- 13: St Helena: ARRIVAL OF PHYSIOTHERAPIST - S.Atlantic (Health) - 31.01.2014
- Newly arrived on the Island is Esther Rodrigo, the new Physiotherapist for the Health and Social Welfare Directorate, on a two year contract. Esther is based at the Community Care Complex (CCC) in Ladder Hill, Half Tree Hollow.
- 14: St Helena: BYE-ELECTION UPDATE - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 31.01.2014
- A Bye-Election, to fill the vacant seat on Legislative Council, will take place on Wednesday 12 March 2014
- 15: St Helena: PUBLIC MEETING ON ROADWORKS - St Helena (Business News) - 31.01.2014
- On the evening of Wednesday 22 January, the Highway Authority and Roads Section held a Public Meeting at Harford Community Centre
- 16: St Helena: EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 28 JANUARY 2014 - St Helena (Business News) - 31.01.2014
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 28 January 2014, at 09.30am. There was one item on the open agenda.
- 17: St Helena: RMS UPDATE -2 - St Helena (Business News) - 31.01.2014
- Following the diversion of the RMS to Walvis Bay, Namibia, on Monday 27 January 2014, due to a medical emergency aboard, the vessel is now en-route to St Helena.
- 18: St Helena DEVELOPMENT AID PLANNING MISSION 2014 - St Helena (Business News) - 25.01.2014
- This year’s Development Aid Planning Mission (DAPM) will run from 11-18 January 2014
- 19: ST HELENA PLANT COLLECTION, PROPAGATION AND DISTRIBUTION POLICY - St Helena (Business News) - 25.01.2014
- The Environmental Management Division (EMD) currently has a ‘Native and Endemic Plant Collection, Propagation and Distribution Policy’ paper out for public consultation.
- 20: SPECIAL MEDALS FOR TWO ST HELENA POLICE OFFICERS - St Helena (Business News) - 25.01.2014
- To commemorate the dedicated and loyal service of two long serving St Helena Police Officers, a Special Medal Presentation was held at Police Headquarters on Friday 27 December 2013.
- 21: BY- ELECTION ON ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 25.01.2014
- A By-Election, to elect a new Member of Legislative Council will take place on Wednesday 12 March 2014. To vote in the By-Election or to stand for Legislative Council your name must be on the Register of Electors (currently dated 24 June 2013).
- 22: QUEEN’S DIAMOND JUBILEE FUND ATTACHMENTS FOR ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 25.01.2014
- Fiyanna Maggott and Tina Yon, St Helena Immigration Officers, were recently funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Fund, on placements in the UK.
- 23: DAPM: 2014-15 AIDE MEMOIRE AGREED FOR ST HELENA - St Helena (Business News) - 25.01.2014
- The visiting Department for International Development (DfID) Development Aid Planning Mission (DAPM) and the St Helena Government have this morning (Saturday) signed the 2014-15 Aide Memoire (AM). The document was signed by HE Governor Capes and DfID Deputy Head of the Overseas Territories Department, Dr Kenny Dick.
- 24: St Helena: DAPM DISCUSSIONS UNDERWAY - St Helena (Business News) - 25.01.2014
- Formal discussions for this year’s DfID Development Aid Planning Mission (DAPM) have now begun, with the arrival of the Deputy Head of the Overseas Territories Department, Dr Kenny Dick and Senior Social Development Adviser, Dr Mary Thompson, on Saturday 11 January 2014.
- 25: St Helena: PUBLIC ACCOUNTS COMMITTEE MEETING - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 25.01.2014
- The Public Accounts Committee (PAC) would like to advise ...
- 26: St Helena: DAPM PRESS CONFERENCE - St Helena (Business News) - 25.01.2014
- Executive Council will hold a press conference on the Development Aid Planning Mission (DAPM) on Monday 20 January 2014, from 2 - 2.30pm in the Governor’s Office at the Castle
- 27: St Helena: EXCO REPORT – TUESDAY 21 JANUARY 2014 - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 25.01.2014
- Executive Council met today, Tuesday 21 January 2014. There were four items on the open agenda.
- 28: St Helena: NEW HEAD OF GOVERNOR’S OFFICE ARRIVING SOON - St Helena (Business News) - 25.01.2014
- Sean Burns (pictured), the previous Administrator of Tristan da Cunha, has been appointed as the next Head of the Governor’s Office and will arrive on Island on Thursday 6 February 2014.
- 29: TEMPORARY 3-TONNE RESTRICTION ON DEADWOOD ROAD - St Helena (Business News) - 25.01.2014
- The Highways Authority has today implemented a temporary three-tonne weight limit on the Deadwood Road, just beyond Longwood Gate - a sign has been installed to show where the limit starts.
- 30: WHALER’S CHURCH GIVEN TO SOUTH GEORGIA GOVERNMENT - S.Georgia (Heritage) - 11.01.2014
- The Whalers’ Church at Grytviken, South Georgia has been officially handed over to the Government of South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands by the family of C. A. Larsen, the Whaling Station manager who had the building brought to the Island in 1913.
- 31: New Two-Year Fishing Licences - S.Georgia (Fisheries) - 11.01.2014
- GSGSSI has announced it will issue two-year fishing licences to companies who successfully apply to fish for toothfish and icefish in the SGSSI Maritime Zone.
- 32: REGIONAL NEW YEARS’ HONOURS ANNOUNCED - Falklands (Business News) - 11.01.2014
Four people with regional connections have been named in the 2014 new years’ Honours list.
- 33: NEW YEAR’S RAFT RACE PROVISIONALLY RESCHEDULED - S.Georgia (Heritage) - 11.01.2014
- Organisers of the New Years’ Raft Race have spoken to the Met Office, this Sunday (5th) is looking to be the same or even worse than New Year’s Day.
- 34: MEDIA TRAINING IN FEBRUARY ANNOUNCED - Falklands (Business News) - 11.01.2014
- The Public Relations Office is organising media training in February; and....
- 35: REMOVAL OF THE WRECK JHELUM - S.Atlantic (Health) - 11.01.2014
- Over the past few months the stern section of the wreck Jhelum has suffered a major collapse.
- 36: FORMER ARGENTINE SENATOR TAKES UP CONTROVERSIAL SECRETARIAT POST - S.Atlantic (Gen - Government) - 11.01.2014
- Argentina's first ever Secretary for Matters Relating to the Malvinas (Falkland Islands), Daniel Filmus, has taken up his post.
- 37: Daily Telegraph Poll Not Reflective of Great Britain’s Views - Falklands (Business News) - 11.01.2014
- According to an online poll released in The Daily Telegraph” concluded that 63 percent of the voters said that the Falklands should be under Argentina’s sovereignty.