|Get the South Atlantic weekly news sent direct to your Inbox.|
|YOUR ADVERT HERE|
|This could be your text!|
|Home | March 2014|
Articles published in March 2014Select individual articles below or view all 25 articles on one page.
25 articles published
|Jan (40)||Feb (53)||Mar (51)|
|Jan (37)||Feb (45)||Mar (25)|
|Apr (54)||May (41)||Jun (56)|
|Jul (60)||Aug (47)||Sep (48)|
|Oct (42)||Nov (30)||Dec (27)|
|Jan (45)||Feb (28)||Mar (39)|
|Apr (44)||May (36)||Jun (61)|
|Jul (43)||Aug (57)||Sep (42)|
|Oct (41)||Nov (37)||Dec (36)|
- 1: PROTOCOLS AND POPES - Falklands (Heritage) - 31.03.2014
- Press speculation about Papal help in starting negotiations over the Falkland Islands has been ripe since the Argentine President, Christina Fernandez de Kirchner had lunch with the Pope in his Vatican residence this week. That meeting, when the Argentine President called for an end to British rule in the Falklands, took two hours
- 2: ONE DEAD AND THREE SERIOUSLY INJURED IN DARWIN-STANLEY ROAD RTA - Falklands (Health) - 31.03.2014
- One visiting Argentine War Veteran, Gustavo Antelo, has died and three of his colleagues, Norberto Di Prospero, Fabian Zaccardi and Facundo Di Prospero were injured when the vehicle in which they were riding came off the Darwin-Stanley Road and rolled over on Thursday.
- 3: Falklands: Executive Council Report 12 March 2014 - Falklands (Legal) - 31.03.2014
- MLAs Summers, Elsby and Rendell attended the meeting and MLA Hansen attended for one item.
- 4: FALKLANDS: MINE CLEARANCE QUESTION SNSWERED BY MLA SUMMERS - Falklands (Environment) - 31.03.2014
- A member of the public, Eric Goss, has asked for a public statement on why there was no mine clearance activity this summer. We are therefore able to advise as follows:
- 5: Falklands: SECRETARIAT FLAGPOLE REPLACED - Falklands (Heritage) - 31.03.2014
- On Monday 10th March, the flagpole’s rope broke and the flag was jammed at the top of the pole until the Public Works Department were able to remove it on Tuesday 11th March.
- 6: Falklands: Citizen’s Advice Bureau Annual Report - Falklands (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- The CAB was formed in July 2012 – an offshoot of the Falkland Islands Human Rights Group. We agreed a Constitution (enclosed) and will shortly be holding our first Annual General Meeting.
- 7: FALKLANDS: INVESTIGATION INTO FORMER FICS TEACHER - Falklands (Education) - 31.03.2014
- The Falkland Islands Government confirm that an investigation is on-going regarding allegations of sexual activity with a child against a former teacher at the Falkland Islands Community School. The former teacher left the Falkland Islands several years ago and is now resident in the United Kingdom.
- 8: Falklands: NOBLE ENERGY PRESENTS AT NARROWS BAR - Falklands (Mineral Resources) - 31.03.2014
- Noble energy presented an update on their operations at the Narrows Bar on Monday, 24 March 2014.
- 9: Falkland Islands CHAMBER OF COMMERCE WELCOMES STACY - Falklands (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- The Falkland Islands Chamber of Commerce has a new Executive Secretary.
- 10: FALKLANDS: CAREERS FAIR AT FICS SCHEDULED FOR APRIL - Falklands (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- A careers fair has been scheduled to take place at the Leisure Centre Sports Hall on Wednesday, 16 April 2014 from 1400hrs to 1600hrs.
- 11: STANLEY MARATHON 2014: SUNNY ATTITUDES THOUGH PLAGUED BY WEATHER - Falklands (Heritage) - 31.03.2014
- The Standard Chartered Bank’s 10th annual marathon in aid of Seeing is Believing has been completed despite some miserable weather that plagued the runners.
- 12: St Helena: OUTBREAK OF FOWL CHOLERA – UPDATE - St Helena (Health) - 31.03.2014
- It was announced on Wednesday 26 March that an isolated outbreak of the serious bird disease, Fowl Cholera, had been diagnosed in the flock of ducks at Farm Lodge, St Paul’s, St Helena. This disease affects only birds - particularly and most seriously domestic flocks, where it is normally fatal.
- 13: St Helena: FOREIGN OFFICE REPLACES GOVERNOR’S FLAG CAR - St Helena (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has purchased a replacement flag car for the Governor. At no cost to SHG, the silver Jaguar XF replaces the present vehicle, which is now over four years old.
- 14: St Helena: UTILITY TARIFFS 2014/15 - St Helena (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- Further to the Directive on 2014/15 Electricity and Water Tariffs issued by the St Helena Utilities Regulatory Authority on 17 March 2014, Connect Saint Helena Ltd has today published the final utility Tariffs for 2014-15, commencing 1 April 2014.
- 15: Disappointment expressed with earlier Airbridge departure times - S.Atlantic (Tourism/Travel) - 31.03.2014
- The decision by the Ministry of Defence to implement earlier departure times for northbound Airbridge flights has been criticised for the lack of consideration for users of the service.
- 16: NVQ QUALITY ASSURANCE COORDINATOR TO ATTEND OVERSEAS TRAINING - St Helena (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- St Helena’s National Vocational Quality (NVQ) Assurance Coordinator Joyce Duncan (photo attached) is soon to embark on a period of training in the UK.
- 17: BIOSECURITY - PUBLIC CONSULTATION - REMINDER - St Helena (Education) - 31.03.2014
- St Helena’s Biosecurity Policy (‘Biosecurity St Helena’) is now out for public consultation.
- 18: St Helena: DETECTIVE CHIEF INSPECTOR ARRIVES - St Helena (Gen - Government) - 31.03.2014
- The Lucy Faithful Report on the subject of Child Protection on St Helena and Ascension Island was published in October last year.
- 19: Commonwealth Day Film - St Helena (Heritage) - 31.03.2014
- Commonwealth Day on Monday 10 March was an opportunity for member Nations of the Commonwealth to promote understanding on global issues, international cooperation and the work of Commonwealth organisations.
- 20: St Helena: BUDGET SPEECH 2014/15 - St Helena (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- Financial Secretary Colin Owen this afternoon delivered the Budget Speech for St Helena, 2014/15 (photo attached). The theme of this year’s Budget was the Health of the Nation and Making a Difference.
- 21: St Helena: LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL ELECTIONS – RESULTS - S.Atlantic (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- Councillor Wilson ‘Tony’ Duncan has this morning been elected as Chairman of the Environment and Natural Resources Committee and a Member of Executive Council.
- 22: ST HELENA MEDIA CODE 2014 - St Helena (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- The St Helena Media Code of Practice 2014 was issued today by the St Helena Media Commission.
- 23: St Helena: 2014/15 ELECTRICITY AND WATER TARIFFS - St Helena (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- The St Helena Utilities Regulatory Authority has today issued its Direction under Section 5 (1) (C) of the Utilities Services Ordinance 2013.
- 24: FORMAL LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL MEETING – FRIDAY 21 MARCH 2014 - St Helena (Business News) - 31.03.2014
- The First Sitting of the Fourth Meeting of Legislative Council will take place on Friday 21 March 2014 at 10am in the Court House
- 25: Dominican Republic Names First Robotic Surgery Unit - S.Atlantic (Health) - 04.03.2014
- This week, world-renowned robotic prostate surgeon, David B. Samadi, MD, joined President Danilo Medina of the Dominican Republic to inaugurate and unveil the first Samadi Robotic Surgical Institute at the Hospital Metropolitano de Santiago (HOMS), pioneering robotic surgery in the Dominican Republic. While there, Dr. Samadi was honored for his humanitarian efforts in prostate cancer, and performed the first-ever robotic prostate surgery in the Dominican Republic.